cards to buy lindens as i live in Australia

muzzy30

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I live in Australia and have recently got a pre paid card so I can buy lindens in SL.. now ive found out that the card no longer works with SL..

can anyone suggest a card that I can get or where I can go to purchase a card that will work..

2 answers to this question

You cannot use any prepaid card to directly buy lindens.  However, you could open a paypal account and fund it with the card.  I'm not sure how the 'verified account' part of that works though and I believe your paypal account has to be verified even for L$ buy.  So you might still need to associate a credit card or bank account with the paypal to get it verified.

There are a couple of other options listed here:

• Like 2

Being in Australia isn't a problem.  As the article that LittleMe pointed you to says, in Oz you can use pretty much any of the payment methods we use here in the States:  PayPal, Skrill, or any of a half a dozen major credit cards.

The main point to remember is that LL does not accept prepaid cards, gift cards, or debit cards.  You must use an actual CREDIT card.

If you don't have, or want to use, a credit card, you can use either the PayPal or Skrill online payment services.  With either one, you have to "verify" your account first...that is, the account must be backed up by a credit card or a Real Life bank account.  If you choose to use a bank account as your backup, you have to be careful to keep enough money actually in your PayPal account to cover your SL expenses.  Linden Lab requires instant payment, and they will not wait several days while money is transferred from your bank, to PayPal, to them.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.