DaisHex

I Want to be gay male though I'm a girl

I am a 19 year old girl. I decided I want to be a gay male in a different account. It's weird but I want to be good and be believable and have no one know exactly that I'm really a girl than a guy. I don't know is it more simple than I'm thinking. If I feel like I'm failing I might confess that I'm a girl. I can I do and not be come out as bad surprise that I am a girl if they find out somehow. Even if they don't like drama.

It's as simple as you make it. Many years ago, after having a discussion in a long gone forum about whether one could believably play the "opposite" gender, I created another account and pretended to be a burly 65 year old retired bricklayer. I flirted with all my girlfriends (and myself!) and shared jokes with the boys. When I finally revealed the charade, virtually everyone said they preferred me as a male. I was heartbroken, though that probably explained the poor luck I've had attracting romance over the years. ;-).

I think the most important thing to consider here are the people you're going to interact with. If it's just casual, you needn't worry. This is your chance to experiment with your identity, as many people do here. If you get into a more serious relationship, you'll have to ask yourself where you're going and what effect the truth will have on the other person. There are people here who are very sensitive to the sexual/gender identity of people they meet and there are others who don't give a damn. Not only must you learn which type of person you're interacting with, but you'll have to learn how you feel about that yourself.

You'll make mistakes, and you may peeve a person or two along the way, just as we all do in RL. Trust your gut, but don't let it stop you from experimenting. If you're going to make mistakes learning about yourself, this is the place to do it.

And finally...

Welcome to Second Life, DaisHex!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DaisHex said:

I am a 19 year old girl. I decided I want to be a gay male in a different account. It's weird but I want to be good and be believable and have no one know exactly that I'm really a girl than a guy. I don't know is it more simple than I'm thinking. If I feel like I'm failing I might confess that I'm a girl. I can I do and not be come out as bad surprise that I am a girl if they find out somehow. Even if they don't like drama.

I'm a gay male, and can tell you, there are a lot of girls who play as gay/bi men, just as there are a lot of males who play as female in SL.

Some disclose, some dont. Those that don't disclose usually have to have a chat with their boyfriend a few months down the track, and explain it though. That can lead to some bad feelings. But if you are good at avoiding love, then this isn't an issue at all.

Only comment I can make is - we don't get as many nice clothes as the ladies of SL :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Only comment I can make is - we don't get as many nice clothes as the ladies of SL

Yeah, I agree. It's so difficult to shop for male clothes. :(