Misleading Land Ads

Tabla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My opinion is that is if you are selling land why you put a piece of land that is for people to look for land in the land sales.  Then you said"waterfront" or "road protected" but was in there is the office. So those are misleading ads. Others said "waterfront" then you go to look and is not waterfront because the water belongs to others. 

3 minutes ago, Tabla said:

My opinion is that is if you are selling land why you put a piece of land that is for people to look for land in the land sales.  Then you said"waterfront" or "road protected" but was in there is the office. So those are misleading ads. Others said "waterfront" then you go to look and is not waterfront because the water belongs to others. 

You're right of course. But SL is a free market which basically means everybody are allwoed to exaggerate and lie as much as they like. ;)

The only advice I can give is take a really good look at the parcel and - just as important - the neighborhood before you buy.

• Moderators

Greetings!

Waterfront only means that the land ends at the water. It does not necessarily mean that the water is part of the land that is available for purchase.

It is not considered misleading to say that land is waterfront, and unless the land owner is claiming that the parcel rent or purchase entitles the user to access to the water, then no action would be taken for the advertisement.

Road protected usually means that road is owned separate from the parcels and cannot be changed or built on, so you will not suddenly find a large building, or texture wall, in the middle of the road next to the parcel.

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

Waterfront only means that the land ends at the water. It does not necessarily mean that the water is part of the land that is available for purchase.

What you should look for there is "protected waterfront". That means the water the parcel borders to is owned by Linden Lab and will never be built on or blocked in other ways.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

What you should look for there is "protected waterfront". That means the water the parcel borders to is owned by Linden Lab and will never be built on or blocked in other ways.

I have one of those, love it :) 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.