Help with avastar Please!!!

Kokoro Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't use Avastar but in other programs there is a setting to LOWER the avatar body within the program (in your case Avastar) and that lowers the animation or pose on upload. So look for that --- as in lowering the pelvis area maybe ?  Sure someone using the program will have a specific place for you to look. Good luck. 

• 10 months later...

I understand that the COG bone moves the position of the avatar but I can only get it to rotate, any other type of movement like using the transformation manipulators: translate, moves the avastar avatar up and down, so the pose, say a sitting one, looks ok in blender but when I go to upload it to SL the SL avatar is hovering in the air, so my question and hopefully someone knows, is how do I get the cog bone to move the avastar avatar so that the SL avatar is doing the same pose.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/4/2018 at 2:39 AM, Sakuradawn Lei said:

how do I get the cog bone to move the avastar avatar so that the SL avatar is doing the same pose.

When setting up the pose, make sure to keyframe the COG bone for both Location and Rotation. Select the COG, then (hovering your mouse in the 3D view) hit the "i" key on your keyboard and choose LocRot from the drop down menu you get.

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

i have the same issue - i made a small kneeling Animation - but its allways in middair and not like in Blender on the ground.

I made a 2 frame animation used "i" - "LocRot" on any of my keyframes - export it as .bvh and if i import it in SL - animation is playing but in mid air and not on the ground. the cog bone has a z value of -0.755. I dont have a clue how i can solve this issue... Thanks for help.

11 hours ago, Avahashija said:

Hello all,

i have the same issue - i made a small kneeling Animation - but its allways in middair and not like in Blender on the ground.

I made a 2 frame animation used "i" - "LocRot" on any of my keyframes - export it as .bvh and if i import it in SL - animation is playing but in mid air and not on the ground. the cog bone has a z value of -0.755. I dont have a clue how i can solve this issue... Thanks for help.

ok - Solved^^

I moved the Origin as well - so the difference between Origin and COC was always 0^^

I edited the keyframes of the Origin - moved it back to ground level and now all is working fine.

SOLVED

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2018 at 1:39 PM, Avahashija said:

ok - Solved^^

I moved the Origin as well - so the difference between Origin and COC was always 0^^

I edited the keyframes of the Origin - moved it back to ground level and now all is working fine.

SOLVED

hiya, i am having the same issue, i can not export translations of the cog bone, all others are fine exporting to bvh... can you explain a little more how you achieved this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.