Chinese or East Asian male skin appliers?

Destiny Marques

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Stray Dog has some absolutely amazing ones, but it depends on whether your friend has a Signature mesh body or not. The head appliers are for Catwa, but their newly-released body appliers are currently Signature-only. Although they can be made to work - with the correct Omega relay - on most male mesh bodies, the results vary, so I strongly suggest that your friend demos the body appliers before opting for the heads. Stray Dog head appliers used to match up to L'Etre skins, but as far as I know and the last time (about a month ago) I checked, L'Etre have temporarily withdrawn their male skins from their store. If your friend doesn't have a Signature body, check L'Etre first, to see if their male skin appliers are back in the store. If they are, I'd go with Stray Dog for the faces. They are incredible.

• Like 1

Thanks Skell!

As of yet, he doesn't have a body. I told him that I was going to do a bit a research first to find out what's out there, then we can build his avie from there. I'll check into the Signature bodies and Stray Dog skins. We briefly discussed the possibility of going with Slink, but that may change now. We're most definitely going with a Catwa Bento head though.

• Like 1

Currently, Signature and Slink are the two most well-supported bodies regarding fitted mesh. And, although it's very new and still in beta, Belleza's 'Jake' body is going to be another one, if the current swift take-up of it by designers at this month's Mens Dept collection is anything to go by. I personally prefer Slink, as Signature is a little too muscular for my liking (my preference is for a leaner "swimmer's body" with broad shoulders), but with Slink bodies the hands and feet have to be purchased separately, whereas Signature includes both as part of the body. I'd suggest your friend demos Slink, Signature, and Belleza* and considers what type of build he wants.

*I suggest Belleza here, too, because it also includes the hands and feet as part of the body (although you can also use Slink hands and feet with it, if you want) and the main issue I had with trying Stray Dog's Signature skins on the Slink body was the join at ankles and wrists. This could purely be because the Slink hands and feet are separate, so - with Belleza having them as part of the body itself - there may be no visible join. I haven't tried the Stray Dog body demos on my Belleza body just yet, so it's worth doing, just to check.

This does mean, though, that he would need to also pick up the relevant Omega relays for the bodies that he's demoing. Normally they're L$99 each, but I think if he joins the Omega Solutions group they're a lot cheaper.

Agreed on Catwa for the Bento head. I'd suggest the Daniel one for now, since it's been out the longest and there are many shapes already made for it. (Stray Dog's Catwa head appliers come with Bento shapes that are - currently - created to work with the Daniel head.) Also, the new Catwa Stanley head has probably too much of a square-jawed starting point for the look that your friend is aiming for.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for the detailed reply.

I guess the first order of business is  to get some body demos for him and go from there. I did drop by Stray Dog and saw the perfect skin for him, though I'm not sure which head it was on, so I'm going to assume it was the "Daniel" head. He did tell me that he doesn't like huge muscles, which is why I initially thought that the Slink body would be better for him, but I'll have him try all three to see which one he likes best.

I enjoy doing makeovers, it's a hobby of mine actually, and I've made his over in the past (premesh), so I'm up for the challenge! It'll be a bit of work, but I know that I can get it done. :D I may need some tips from you about where to find the best clothing for men and such, but I'm checking out a few blogs to get some ideas. He wants an urban casual look, so that's what I'm shooting for.

Again, thanks for the help, you've been a wellspring of information!

Edited by Kristen Beornssen

On 2017-6-9 at 10:41 PM, Skell Dagger said:

* I suggest Belleza here, too, because it also includes the hands and feet as part of the body (although you can also use Slink hands and feet with it, if you want)

Just to clarify that Belleza's Jake will not take Slink hands, the Slink button on the hud is for feet only. For the Belleza you use it's hands, and that is it.

It's a pity as the Bellaza hands look really, really, really terrible. If they corrected this one failure, so that people could use the superior Slink hands then the body might be worth wearing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.