:( Alright, I am a 19 year old girl. I'm weird I wish I was able to be gay, or bisexual as a guy. As a gay man. I feel weird about it anyways. I'm feeling worried to try being a guy in second life. I don't want to offend anyone but I also don't know exactly how that feels. I seen a Buzz Feed article of what gay guys want to tell their heterosexual women friends it makes me sound my idea of having a male avi on SL sound terrible. I been into anime, yaoi a bit at a time like Junjou Romantica and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi. I've also been in my head a bit. I get, :$ tingly? It might be weird but I'm confused I don't know how to say what I get. I'm a late bloomer at the most part, just am. I've been putting myself in shows and movies like Family Guy in general not just for gay stuff, I just do when I'm tired, alone, or about to sleep. I feel like I would at least get it out of my head if I can do it here or something. I want to act like being a guy and be good if I do be one in SL without any important guys knowing that I'm a really girl. The feel would be gone. I would kind of do it for entertainment, for fun. Not just that just the point of it kind of. :/ I don't know :$.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaisHex said:

:( Alright, I am a 19 year old girl. I'm weird I wish I was able to be gay, or bisexual as a guy. As a gay man. I feel weird about it anyways. I'm feeling worried to try being a guy in second life. I don't want to offend anyone but I also don't know exactly how that feels. I seen a Buzz Feed article of what gay guys want to tell their heterosexual women friends it makes me sound my idea of having a male avi on SL sound terrible. I been into anime, yaoi a bit at a time like Junjou Romantica and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi. I've also been in my head a bit. I get, :$ tingly? It might be weird but I'm confused I don't know how to say what I get. I'm a late bloomer at the most part, just am. I've been putting myself in shows and movies like Family Guy in general not just for gay stuff, I just do when I'm tired, alone, or about to sleep. I feel like I would at least get it out of my head if I can do it here or something. I want to act like being a guy and be good if I do be one in SL without any important guys knowing that I'm a really girl. The feel would be gone. I would kind of do it for entertainment, for fun. Not just that just the point of it kind of. :/ I don't know :$.

in SL you are what you want to be, and you have to tell nobody what/who you are. There are lot of girls, and guys.. who play on other gender avatars.

The problem you feel is a personal one, and it's in fact really simple, if you don't feel comfortable... don't do it..

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I'm genderfluid ik the feeling I say just do it I've done it b4 but lost the file due to hacking but inbrace who you are 

• Like 1

i also know plenty people always in rp mode and just not mentioning their own lives so just put a note about it in your profile.

kinda need to add one important thing - if you're gay, you're gay and family guy probably is not going to change that xD . not that you have to have anything set in stone as stuff changes, sexuality's fluid and what not but saying 'you wish you were a gay guy' sounds ... yep ... gay. never heard of those anime you watched but will check them out but lol, kids still get dragged into gayness by yaoi ... aw. school friend shown me gravitation, now i'm married to a dude.

strangely, the only gay club that's been active i found under 'yaoi' tag in sl and has plenty of people behind various dudey avatars - it changes names and sims often but kinda always is under this search term. flickr has sl gay groups as well - some are sfw, most aren't but you could take a look at sims mentioned or rps. 

On 2017-06-09 at 0:01 AM, DaisHex said:

Hello OP,   it's always hard for many people to try new things in SL as they are worried about what others will think. please note, this is YOUR second life. live it how you want. if you want to play as a guy, make a brand new character and play as a guy.  but keep in mind, be careful of getting into relationships if you haven't told the other person you are a girl playing as a guy.  there are real people behind the avatars and you could seriously hurt someone.

if you are playing without the romance angle, the go crazy, what you do is your business and you need to tell no one anything. play, have fun. but park that character while you are not playing as whatever else you want.

main thing, don't hurt the human behind the avatar but everything else is fair game :) .  have fun, it's your SECOND life.  try everything and laugh.  it's not real life so you are not limited.

if you still have trouble, then make a male character and message me in game and you can be my new guy buddy :)

• Like 2

Gender bending in SL is fairly common. This holds especialy true in the transgender community. There are plenty of LGBT friendly sims and clubs to go to and be who you want to be.

• Like 1

You know who you are... who you truly are.~ Moana

Be who you truly are, if you feel like you are a guy then be a guy, or a girl then be a girl. Its you're life (well secondlife) don't let anyone tell you who to be, be what you want to be. And if that changes then so be it.  :-)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LiamKeith said:

You know who you are... who you truly are.~ Moana

Be who you truly are, 

or be that part of you that you beat into submission so she doesn't say anything that might embarrass you. 

• Like 2

Hello, one thing  

and you have to tell nobody what/who you are.

be careful if you get close to someone, like a real true friend. SL/RL real friends should know things about you and accept it.

Besides that, go for it, do not try to play a guy (gay guy) be yourself and see how it works.

Monti

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Monti Messmer said:

do not try to play a guy (gay guy) be yourself and see how it works.

Agreed. Additionally, just as there is no one type of straight woman so there is no one type of gay man. The gay community runs the gamut from pretty fembois to huge-n-hairy bears, by way of bitchy queens and... eh, all those stereotypes that we all know about. As Monti states, if you want to "be a gay guy in SL" then create a male avatar and be your own personality in that male avatar. Don't try to "be" a bitchy queen or "be" a leatherdaddy; just be you and see where you fit in. And if you don't fit in? Fly your flag all by yourself :)

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

And if you don't fit in? Fly your flag all by yourself :)

and if it comes to it, once you give up on the fitting in and hoist that flag. You are going to see a crowd of people running up to salute.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Agreed. Additionally, just as there is no one type of straight woman so there is no one type of gay man. The gay community runs the gamut from pretty fembois to huge-n-hairy bears, by way of bitchy queens and... eh, all those stereotypes that we all know about. As Monti states, if you want to "be a gay guy in SL" then create a male avatar and be your own personality in that male avatar. Don't try to "be" a bitchy queen or "be" a leatherdaddy; just be you and see where you fit in. And if you don't fit in? Fly your flag all by yourself :)

all of that. 

i kinda suspect op is doing some uni survey work or lurking but yeah ... good advice to them all or others.

my mum's straight (i know internet, what to do now!?) and i used to be semi-known gay activist (wish that's been bragging but nah - got involved with political parties ... wasn't nice so don't do that op! unless green party or similar ... ). we once had to see a leading psychiatrist in our city to get random document and he so had a field day on us - criticised mum for looking 'butch' (she's not even close in presentation ... also was alwas hetero and identifies as such) while i got slack for long hair. yea ... my hair had been short then. currently past shoulders, lol ... not due to dude but just me liking long hair.

point is - u can rock anything irl or isl. would say it's best to be yourself ooc so if you feel uncertain of sexuality or gender then just be accountable to yourself and give no *****s. yea, irl local politics and safety come into play but if you wanna test waters isl, it's best place. hell, don't listen to anyone in this thread or me - if you feel totally ungay or unbloke and it's just a rp thing ... more power to you and if that changes ... or stays the same - stay safe, have fun and stop stressing.

(doesn't apply to those in bigoted areas or with *****ey fam you're dependent of)

To be honest, I used to feel the same way. I don't know you well, but I think the problem might be that you aren't comfortable with your body. I am comfortable with my own body now, and that will has gone.

On 6/28/2017 at 6:20 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Skell, you're pretty cool. And also just pretty. B|

• Like 2

This topic is two months old and I dont know if you are still reading it DaisHex.
I am a Bi guy in RL and play a ladyboy and sometimes a girl in SL for a very long time now.

Be who you want to be. You don't have to tell anyone who or what you are in RL. But be carefull when you get close to someone. Don't hurt people when feelings become serious.

Years ago I choose to be completely honest and straight forward to anyone about my RL gender. That turned out very good. I don't have to play Ina anymore. In SL I am Ina.
All my friends know it and they all accept me.

I had several long term relationships in SL with "straight" women and men. 
For you it will be the other way around but I am pretty sure you will love your Second Life as a guy. Gay or not, that is not important.
Be yourself !

• Like 3

On 6/9/2017 at 4:01 PM, DaisHex said:

like Junjou Romantica

\o/ Misaki and Usagi are the best part of that series.I coloured my eyes the same :D

Junjou-Romantica-Capture-04S3E03.jpg.6695cd08cf3fb82dc4f07a63a67bd59d.jpg

On 6/9/2017 at 1:01 AM, DaisHex said:

Hey, this is THE place to express the way you see yourself!

After a furry-friend of mine had a social mishap here, I started a group called The Acceptance Project (pretty much for anyone who is different in Sl than they are in RL...fur, gender, alien, robot, etc) and one thing I've seen a bit of is a "certain element" that expects SL-you to mirror RL-you (usually they view SL as sort of 3D Facebook or a RL Dating Service - they're not evil, its just perspective on what SL is...) - so its usually best to look for close SL friends in areas that are LGBTQ-friendly. Open minded people exist all over the grid, but as you're starting off here - its IMO best to have people about who are supportive.

There are some awesome human-beings on this very forum ;-)

Feel free to friend me inworld or call on me if there is any way I can help :-)

I have found that gender in rl is not as it is in sl. There are guys that have female avis and girls that have male avis. It is also not uncommon for someone who is transgender in rl to take the role of their desired gender on sl ;).

xD girl do your thing be what you want to be on second life you dont know how many guys i ran into with huge breasted female avatars and usually people with super drop dead pretty femboi avatars are girls :>

Edited by shota Guardian
  • Haha 1