Banning from Land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A i just hit 30 days and now I can go to lands that for their own reason don't allow new players.

I want to open a place where people can come enjoy themselves away from the older bitter players.

Is there a way to set it that anyone over 90 days is not allowed?

1 hour ago, ChristianReed said:

A i just hit 30 days and now I can go to lands that for their own reason don't allow new players.

I want to open a place where people can come enjoy themselves away from the older bitter players.

The answer, absolutely, with exactly the same script too. Just change the days < 30 to days > 90 and you will never see anyone but noobs. Just be careful of your own age, the orb won't discrimiate and banning yourself come the arrival of August can be problematic.

You realise though it's a petty thing to do? The age orbs have a real purpose to stop griefers and the 7, 14, 30 days is soon up.

I guess I can't talk though, I've done a very similar thing in my club, after so many years of being banned for being too short, I just don't allow tall people. Come in wearing a tall avatar and you are kicked out and banned by my ruthless height orb. Mind you, this has earned me a little hatred and a few "you're muted" responses. One gentleman upset that most clubs kicked him for being too short, and mine kicked him for being too tall, was really goldilocksed.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ChristianReed said:

petty people ban me because they are mean to others and force them to troll? and Im petty

I am too sometimes, that's why I ban tall people.

The change is easy. Get the age orb script (simple google search) locate the number of days, change it from < 30 to > 90.

Be careful when you hit 91 days yourself.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Come in wearing a tall avatar and you are kicked out and banned by my ruthless height orb.

Does the thing include your heels in your height, cause I am not very tall, but with my shoes on sometimes I am.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChristianReed said:

Good luck with that.  Let us know how it turns out.

:SwingingFriends:

2 hours ago, ChristianReed said:

away from the older bitter players.

I have been in SL almost two years now, but taste me, I promise I am not bitter.

In fact I have been known to be very newbie friendly.

3 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Does the thing include your heels in your height, cause I am not very tall, but with my shoes on sometimes I am.

Sadly it fails on shoes, Prim ones moreso than mesh ones. I also spent days trying to work out how to deal with rabbits, and never really came to a solution.

I mean, it's an important petty policy decision... when banning people for being too tall, should one measure a rabbit from his toes to the top of his head, or his toes to the top of his ears! There could be a few feet difference there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

I mean, it's an important petty policy decision... when banning people for being too tall, should one measure a rabbit from his toes to the top of his head, or his toes to the top of his ears! There could be a few feet difference there.

konijn.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ChristianReed said:

petty people ban me because they are mean to others and force them to troll? and Im petty

Ban new player because your scared you pissed someone off

stop pissing people off

You have that backwards> People get banned because they pissed the landowner off. Banning new players is a pro active way of preventing thin skinned crybabies from creating a throwaway alt to come back and grief you.

Another reason to ban noobs... a lot of them still have system avis *shudder*

I wonder if there's a security script that only allows Mesh body avis onto your land, i might get an orb like that *smirk*

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
clarifying "mesh"
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, ChristianReed said:

You are right about one thing - some people do seem to get a bit bitter. But you are wrong that it's the older players. They get wiser concerning SL. There is an example of one bitter person in this thread though. Have a look at the first post and tell me if you think that that person is bitter about being banned from some places due to his SL age. When you've done that, I think you'll agree with me that he is bitter about it. So much so, in fact, that he came to this forum and told all we older players that we are bitter people lol. It takes all kinds, I suppose :)

• Like 2

Ah, there is a solution to the day 91 dilemma if the script allows a Boolean statement. Ban if  (90<x OR member of group). Start a group with an alt or friend. This will prevent you from being banned at day 91. Newbies who want to become habitues can join the group. Seasoned players.... sorry you're out of luck. I hate the whole policy of banning anyone except for rank abuse, but that's just me.

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Another reason to ban noobs... a lot of them still have system avis *shudder*

I wonder if there's a security script that only allows Mesh body avis onto your land, i might get an orb like that *smirk*

I still have a classic av and don't think I look too horrible.  B|

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I have been in SL almost two years now, but taste me, I promise I am not bitter.

In fact I have been known to be very newbie friendly.

I've been here 10 years and though I might be a bit sour now and then, I've never been bitter.  

• Like 2

The new avatar ban thing happens to block out people that create spam accounts, trolling accounts, etc...

It is dumb... if you ever watch trolls and spam griefers - most of them are rather old accounts...

But that is their reason.

And It's been around since I got here. My 8th rezzday was yesterday... and yet I still remember the day when 'no avatars under 30 days' places stopped ejecting me...

- Not a single one of them, once I could get in, was actually worth going to.

As to getting bitter or talking smack or whatever... a lot of us, self included, and the OP; go through a phase like that. Sometimes repeatedly... and then we end up spending time living it down... :P

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, animats said:

Gender in SL is a value from 0.0 to 1.0. What threshold did you use?

I suspect you're taking this too seriously, but my script just checks to see if the avatar shape returns less than 0.5- I've never tested different body slider settings to see what returns what specifically.

3 hours ago, animats said:

Gender in SL is a value from 0.0 to 1.0. What threshold did you use?

They didn't use binary to encode it? Whow LL was ahead of it's time when they made SL.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.