What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I'm number-crunching. (Mmm, tasty!)

Since I'm forever harping on about how hard it is for guys to find anything over and above the 'norm' (eg: jeans, sweaters, t-shirts, etc) I thought it might be an interesting exercise to take some of the popular events in SL, go through the Seraphim galleries for them, and tot up a rough idea of male:female item ratios, plus get an idea of the spread of clothing types available for guys at those events.

I'd like to do this 'clothing spread' for the four main male events, too, so that's a future project. (And you'll end up understanding my loathing for sweatshirts, sweatpants, sneakers, and hoodies when I do...)

So, if anyone's interested...

Counted: any item advertised exclusively as a male item. In the case of tattoos, if a man appears on the advert (therefore it contains male body appliers) it's counted.
Not counted: couples poses where one half of the couple is male, eye appliers, nail appliers (while I wear nail polish, many guys don't, and many of the polishes available are - to be blunt - pink-n-girly.) Also not counted: decor, furniture, weapons, vehicles, etc.

Caveat: Some stores are always MIA on Seraphim's galleries, so those weren't counted. I was also generous with the counting when it came to ladies' separates. Skirt and blouse available separately, but in a single pic on the blog? It was (mostly) counted as one item. (Caveat 2: I may have counted possibly half a dozen items twice, because some of those galleries were big, some items were duplicated or split into more than one gallery image, and I was skimming pretty quickly. This is not a quantifiable scientific dataset by any means, but it's a decent enough rough guide.)

Ladies, you know the kind of spread of items you get at events: anything and everything, and some truly gorgeous, innovative, and original stuff. But have you ever really noticed how limited the options are for us guys?

In short: if it weren't for FaMESHed, these figures would be even more dismal than they first appear.

Collabor88

• January: 1 male hair. 57 female items.
  • February: 0 male items. 66 female items.

Cosmopolitan

• Jan wk 1: male items - 1 shape, 1 sweater, 1 sweater with jeans. (Total = 3 male items.) 49 female items.
  • Jan wk 2: 2 male poses. 47 female items.
  • Jan wk 3: male items - 1 piercing, 1 sweater, 1 pose set. (Total = 3 male items.) 49 female items.
  • Feb wk 1: 1 male coat & sweatpants. 43 female items.

Designer Showcase

• January: 1 male boots. 27 female items.
  • February: 1 male sneakers. 34 female items.

FaMESHed

• January: male items - 1 hair, 1 shoes, 1 jacket & tee, 1 shorts, 1 boots, 1 shoes, 1 sweatpants, 1 jeans, 1 jacket/hat/sneakers. (Total = 11 male items.) 38 female items.
  • February: male items - 1 top, 1 suit, 1 jacket & tee, 1 jacket & jeans, 1 sweatshorts, 1 jeans, 1 hoodie, 1 sweatshirt, 1 sweatshirt, 1 sweatshirt & sneakers, 1 boots, 1 sweater, 1 watch, 1 sandals. (Total = 15 male items.) 50 female items. Yes, a total of THREE male sweatshirts at this one event.

Kustom9

• January: male items - 1 hoodie, 1 jacket & tee, 1 unisex boots, 1 sneakers. (Total = 4 male items.) 48 female items.

Liason Collaborative

• January: 0 male items. 34 female items.
  • February: male items - 1 hair, 1 sweatshirt. (Total = 2 male items.) 32 female items.

On9

• January: 0 male items. 23 female items.
  • February: 0 male items. 23 female items.

Uber

• January: male items - 1 jacket & sweater, 1 casual pants, 1 jacket & gloves, 1 boots, 1 skin, 1 tank top. (Total = 7 male items.) 51 female items.

Pocket Gacha

• January: 2 male tattoos. (Total = 2 male items.) 25 female items.

Total items counted: 749
Total male items: 53 (remove FaMESHed and it's down to 27)
Total female items: 696

Percentage of male items: 7.1% (with FaMESHed removed = 3.6%)

Total spread of male items

• Jeans: 4
  • Pants: 1
  • Sweaters: 4
  • Jackets: 3
  • T-shirts/tank tops: 2
  • Sweatshirts: 4
  • Sweatpants: 2
  • Hoodies: 2
  • Shorts: 2
  • Jacket/sweater combo: 1
  • Jacket/t-shirt combo: 3
  • Suits: 1
  • Coats: 1
  • Accessories: 6 (inc. tattoos, piercing, gloves, hat, watch)
  • Hair: 3
  • Skin: 1
  • Shape: 1
  • Poses: 3
  • Shoes: 3 (inc. sandals)
  • Boots: 5
  • Sneakers: 4

Edited by Skell Dagger
Clarity, and to remove most of the instances of 'male' that I used here O.o
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Since I'm forever harping on about how hard it is for guys to find anything over and above the 'norm' (eg: jeans, sweaters, t-shirts, etc) I thought it might be an interesting exercise to take some of the popular events in SL, go through the Seraphim galleries for them, and tot up a rough idea of male:female item ratios, plus get an idea of the spread of clothing types available for guys at those events.

I'd like to do this 'clothing spread' for the four main male events, too, so that's a future project. (And you'll end up understanding my loathing for sweatshirts, sweatpants, sneakers, and hoodies when I do...)

So, if anyone's interested...

Reveal hidden contents

Counted: any item advertised exclusively as a male item. In the case of tattoos, if a man appears on the advert (therefore it contains male body appliers) it's counted.
Not counted: couples poses where one half of the couple is male, eye appliers, nail appliers (while I wear nail polish, many guys don't, and many of the polishes available are - to be blunt - pink-n-girly.) Also not counted: decor, furniture, weapons, vehicles, etc.

Caveat: Some stores are always MIA on Seraphim's galleries, so those weren't counted. I was also generous with the counting when it came to ladies' separates. Skirt and blouse available separately, but in a single pic on the blog? It was (mostly) counted as one item. (Caveat 2: I may have counted possibly half a dozen items twice, because some of those galleries were big, some items were duplicated or split into more than one gallery image, and I was skimming pretty quickly. This is not a quantifiable scientific dataset by any means, but it's a decent enough rough guide.)

Ladies, you know the kind of spread of items you get at events: anything and everything, and some truly gorgeous, innovative, and original stuff. But have you ever really noticed how limited the options are for us guys?

In short: if it weren't for FaMESHed, these figures would be even more dismal than they first appear.

Collabor88

• January: 1 male hair. 57 female items.
  • February: 0 male items. 66 female items.

Cosmopolitan

• Jan wk 1: 1 male shape, 1 male sweater, 1 male sweater with jeans. (Total = 3 male items.) 49 female items.
  • Jan wk 2: 2 male poses. 47 female items.
  • Jan wk 3: 1 male piercing, 1 male sweater, 1 male pose set. (Total = 3 male items.) 49 female items.
  • Feb wk 1: 1 male coat & sweatpants. 43 female items.

Designer Showcase

• January: 1 male boots. 27 female items.
  • February: 1 male sneakers. 34 female items.

FaMESHed

• January: 1 male hair, 1 male shoes, 1 male jacket & tee, 1 male shorts, 1 male boots, 1 male shoes, 1 male sweatpants, 1 male jeans, 1 male jacket/hat/sneakers. (Total = 11 male items.) 38 female items.
  • February: 1 male top, 1 male suit, 1 male jacket & tee, 1 male jacket & jeans, 1 male sweatshorts, 1 male jeans, 1 male hoodie, 1 male sweatshirt, 1 male sweatshirt, 1 male sweatshirt & sneakers, 1 male boots, 1 male sweater, 1 male watch, 1 male sandals. (Total = 15 male items.) 50 female items. Yes, a total of THREE male sweatshirts at this one event.

Kustom9

• January: 1 male hoodie, 1 male jacket & tee, 1 unisex boots, 1 male sneakers. (Total = 4 male items.) 48 female items.

Liason Collaborative

• January: 0 male items. 34 female items.
  • February: 1 male hair, 1 male sweatshirt. (Total = 2 male items.) 32 female items.

On9

• January: 0 male items. 23 female items.
  • February: 0 male items. 23 female items.

Uber

• January: 1 male jacket & sweater, 1 casual pants, 1 jacket & gloves, 1 boots, 1 skin, 1 tank top. (Total = 7 male items.) 51 female items.

Pocket Gacha

• January: 2 male tattoos. (Total = 2 male items.) 25 female items.

Total items counted: 749
Total male items: 53 (remove FaMESHed and it's down to 27)
Total female items: 696

Percentage of male items: 7.1% (with FaMESHed removed = 3.6%)

Total spread of male items

• Jeans: 4
  • Pants: 1
  • Sweaters: 4
  • Jackets: 3
  • T-shirts/tank tops: 2
  • Sweatshirts: 4
  • Sweatpants: 2
  • Hoodies: 2
  • Shorts: 2
  • Jacket/sweater combo: 1
  • Jacket/t-shirt combo: 3
  • Suits: 1
  • Coats: 1
  • Accessories: 6 (inc. tattoos, piercing, gloves, hat, watch)
  • Hair: 3
  • Skin: 1
  • Shape: 1
  • Poses: 3
  • Shoes: 3 (inc. sandals)
  • Boots: 5
  • Sneakers: 4

Geez - If I was a guy, I'd probably be using a female avi just so I could have clothes. 

Then again, I know a lot of guys that are perfectly happy with a wardrobe of a pair of jeans and a few shirts in a few different styles.  *sad*

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Normally my event camming in one of the few men's fashion shows sees

• poses and tattoos
  • poses and tattoos
  • some female stuff (likely a unisex tattoo)
  • some sweatpants
  • something harness/nipple-clamp like just for the signature
  • poses and tattoos
  • a hoody
  • a t-shirt
  • another t-shirt (same mesh)
  • some sneakers
  • poses and tattoos
  • a skin
  • some hair by modulus
  • more sweatpants
  • poses and tattoos
  • something with a boner outline
  • something else with a boner outline
  • some more tattoos.

(OK, I am being flippant >.> - also, thanks Skell for adding it up)

Edited by Callum Meriman

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Having spent a lot of yesterday and today map monitoring not seeing Golden & Guilded go under 40 av's it briefly dipped low enough that i managed to get in at the Valentines 'shop your heart out' event

metodaydoing_0020_004.thumb.png.1a6cf5a7bc9262d1e7ae2af46e635c74.png

Are you a teeny tiny or are those mice just a bit big?

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.