Jump to content
Kasumi Ravenheart

What are you doing today!? :D

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, TioSanchez said:

OoOoOo, A puppy!  him's is so cute

He's a Jian wonky weenie, lol, the cute af pjs one :D His name is Mr. Weenie (my kids named him, lol) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my gosh. I clicked on this looking for just.. I don't know, whatever people do on SL, and now I'm like.. SUPER INSPIRED TO DO EVERYTHING.

 

(Also, that cow was so cute, I want one.)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the tall-spotted-forest-cow! You just don't see many of those on farms any more..

 

Nah, there is a picture of a lady with a tiny cow, milking it for a competition.

(This 'cow' is also great though!)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son used to call deer "duh" and multiple deer were "duhs", he did it until he was five, lol. We get lots of deer here, tons of them wander into our backyard all the time, we have a wild grapevine(bunch f them now) on our far back fence, plus wild strawberries and mulberries. He used to sit on the back patio and watch the "duhs". He ran over to a doe and her two babies once, scared the crap out of me(they're very protective and anywhere you find a doe, around here, there is likely a big buck somewhere nearby-and they don't take nearly as kindly to human invasions of their space, if they don't run, they'll charge you).  Lil stinker ran right over to them, pet one of the yearlings, gave them a poptart, and ran back towards the house-I caught him halfway back. The doe just kinda cocked her head, stared at him, and went back to eating things. I was right though, the buck was in our front yard and wandered into the back by the time we made it back to the patio. That didn't stop them from visiting, either.

We still get a lot of "duhs",  and my son is still, as a teenager, able to walk close to the vast majority of them. :) He's my "duh" whisperer. 

 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

My son used to call deer "duh" and multiple deer were "duhs", he did it until he was five, lol. We get lots of deer here, tons of them wander into our backyard all the time, we have a wild grapevine(bunch f them now) on our far back fence, plus wild strawberries and mulberries. He used to sit on the back patio and watch the "duhs". He ran over to a doe and her two babies once, scared the crap out of me(they're very protective and anywhere you find a doe, around here, there is likely a big buck somewhere nearby-and they don't take nearly as kindly to human invasions of their space, if they don't run, they'll charge you).  Lil stinker ran right over to them, pet one of the yearlings, gave them a poptart, and ran back towards the house-I caught him halfway back. The doe just kinda cocked her head, stared at him, and went back to eating things. I was right though, the buck was in our front yard and wandered into the back by the time we made it back to the patio. That didn't stop them from visiting, either.

We still get a lot of "duhs",  and my son is still, as a teenager, able to walk close to the vast majority of them. :) He's my "duh" whisperer. 

 

I love that story, Tari. The Pop-Tart was a lovely gesture by your li'l stinker.

I've got lots of deer here as well. Many years ago, a neighbor's german shepherd was chased back into the house by a buck and wouldn't venture out for some time after that. I had more patience and drive when I was young, and so was able to get within petting distance. It's harder now that I own the shrubs and trees they destroy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I love that story, Tari. The Pop-Tart was a lovely gesture by your li'l stinker.

I've got lots of deer here as well. Many years ago, a neighbor's german shepherd was chased back into the house by a buck and wouldn't venture out for some time after that. I had more patience and drive when I was young, and so was able to get within petting distance. It's harder now that I own the shrubs and trees they destroy.

The wildlife are one of the main reasons we do not have an actual garden anymore, lol. Aside from harmful measures, all measures we'd tried, didn't stop them, and I won't reduce myself to using harmful measures. We have a LOT of wildlife, my cats like talking to them through the windows. Most of them are harmless..some are not, the turkey are particularly annoying. The raccoons are just adorable. Actually, I have a picture of the raccoons too, from a few days ago too. It was taken with a DS, so not the best quality, lol. But, they frequently try to get IN the house. Pretty sure this family actually lives out back, somewhere..dunno where though.

raccoons.jpg.7bc04adf4f6217d45777c2914af84014.jpg

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tari Landar said:

The wildlife are one of the main reasons we do not have an actual garden anymore, lol. Aside from harmful measures, all measures we'd tried, didn't stop them, and I won't reduce myself to using harmful measures. We have a LOT of wildlife, my cats like talking to them through the windows. Most of them are harmless..some are not, the turkey are particularly annoying. The raccoons are just adorable. Actually, I have a picture of the raccoons too, from a few days ago too. It was taken with a DS, so not the best quality, lol. But, they frequently try to get IN the house. Pretty sure this family actually lives out back, somewhere..dunno where though.

raccoons.jpg.7bc04adf4f6217d45777c2914af84014.jpg

 

I spray Messina's Deer Stopper and Rabbit Stopper on the few shrubs and flowers I want to protect. Every fall, I plant at least a few young specimen trees at the rim of my yard to reduce the amount of lawn I've got to mow. One year I planted about a dozen, which cost me well over $1000 (at closeout prices). I was too tired at the end of the day to put fencing around them. The next morning I went out to do that and found that the deer had girdled very damned one of them. Now I take the tree and the wire fencing out at the same time.

I do like watching the wildlife recycle my Halloween Pumpkins. The most fun are the squirrels. I drill a small hole in the side of the pumpkin to entice them to start digging for the seeds. Here's one result...

598d1953ab916_TheDonald.jpg.f04526b7186b09d0051583a3a60e00af.jpg

I call this fella "The Donald". His tail was so long it hadn't yet completely followed him inside before he turned around to check on me. The result is a combover almost as bad as Trump's.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

   Ohhhhhhhhhh... Mairz ee dotes an doze ee dotes, an liddle lams ee Divey!

A kiddley divey too, wooden shoe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It's not working.

And this is why the new reaction icons are great - so I can easily do a 'laugh'

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

When you are ready for customers, can you send me a LM?

Of course, I am likely to be pretty annoying in promoting it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...