What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’m getting a few of my blank dolls out to see about painting them...he’s 61cm and he’s an oldie...but any blank canvas doll is a fun one. He needs a good cleaning, resin oxidation has yellowed him some and shadows of the old paint linger. Not sure if I’ll unstring him and soak him in oxyclean or just scrub over his face and hands gently but well with acetone and then seal and repaint. I need to order an airbrush discharge/cleaning pot, it will make the cleaning chore a bit less of a hassle. 

836A8F8D-C201-4EDE-9387-7EB086326172.jpeg

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Rather coincidentally, I haven't been in SL too much recently because I've been doing precisely this in RL - sewing heritage fashions for everyday wear. (Wish I had a lovely treadle sewing machine like this to sew my Victorian corset with!)

I'm so glad you like it! I saw it, and just immediately thought of you. (And got one for myself too, which is odd because I'm terrible with a sewing machine in RL.)

I love the pic too -- I love images of craftspeople and artists at work! What of course made me think of you in the first place was that pic of you in your shop that you posted some time ago.

• Like 2

Working on my photography and exploring. 

I just took this picture of James in a fountain while looking around the Versov Paris City sim. 

Also been uploading more clothing to my CTS wardrobe... too many clothes lol.... 

Flickr

89c78b11d77086faad6c41669c34d84c.jpg

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 4

I'm not doing all that much, myself...but I've really loaded the Resident Geek down with honeydoos...

• I got my new Valve Index, and the Geek's tasked with installing it...setting up the base stations, plugging things in, etc.
  • My Kindle Reader is old and tired and I ordered a new Kindle Oasis reader.  When it arrives, guess who gets to activate it?
  • My Kindle Fire tablet died, and I ordered a replacement after the Geek pried it apart and declared it probably was not just a simple battery failure.
  • My number 2 desktop PC lost its SSD solid state drive (for the second time!  What is WRONG with that demon-haunted box?) and the Geek gets to replace it and reinstall Windows and all my software.
  • He just replaced a faucet and drain in our guest bathroom sink.
  • Bought a bunch of new plants for the front and back beds.  Guess who gets to dig the holes to plant 'em?  Once the rain stops.
  • My sink faucet in our master bath started leaking.  The Geek replaced the valve stem, but it didn't entirely fix the leak, so he ordered a whole replacement faucet.

Why do all the gadgets decide to crap out at the same time!?

I guess once he gets it all done, I'll reward him with some pizza and let him play with my Index.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I'm not doing all that much, myself...but I've really loaded the Resident Geek down with honeydoos...

When he's done, could he come do some of mine?  First on my list .... my trusty, heavy-duty desktop died the day after we went into social lockdown mode a month ago, and my local geeky guys are still all closed up. I've been working on a faithful but less powerful laptop since then.  I suspect that it's a really simple repair, but I can't diagnose the hardware properly myself, so I don't want to just go ordering a replacement part on line. Then there's my leaky faucet and cleaning out the gutters and putting a new coat of sealer on the back porch and ...

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 6:09 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Dave23 called yesterday to tell me Dave14, the runt of the litter, may no longer be with us...
280528256_DiningonDave14.thumb.jpg.41f1f52524ba586c79848b187a698cdf.jpg

"Mom! When I told the lady she was probably eating my li'l brother, she just laughed."

What can I say. It's a cruel, cruel world.

Dave keeps more interesting company than you do . . .

• Thanks 1

What fun, Tarina!  You get to do plumbing with explosive gases! (I'd suggest calling Maddy to help, but, you know...OSHA.)

I'm semi-bummed today.  After trying out my new Valve Index VR rig, I've decided to send it back.  (The Geek said, "I installed it.  YOU get to take it down and pack it up."  I think the pizza's made him too feisty.)  Aside from one stick-your-phone-in-the-goggles-and-go thing, this was my first experience of VR outside of YouTube videos, and it was a big disappointment.  The thing works like it's advertised...but whoever is saying "almost no screen door effect" has got to be comparing it to earlier VR sets, and not to (as I did) my lovely wide screen monitor.

It was sort of cool to be able to look all around, but there was lots of distortion, a lot of jerky video (which, I admit, usually cleared up pretty quickly), a lot of "god rays", and everything just looked...well, artificial and electronic instead of "real".  Text was hard to read clearly.  Plus, of course, the artificial environment made the real one disappear, and I found myself fumbling around like a blind woman.  (The Index has some external cameras to bring the outside inside, but the overlay with the VR world was even more disorienting than the blind fumbling.)

Playing any flight sim was six times as hard...yes, you could see all around, but you could not see the actual stick and throttle peripherals, and I had the devil of a time mapping their controls, and then remembering which button I'd mapped to what and where it was on the console.  It's not as easy as they make it look on YouTube.  And my very favorite sim, Microsoft FSX, isn't supported at all.

Oh...and my "avatar" in SteamVR was a pair of hands and a cube with two black eyeholes.  I did manage to put sunglasses and a hat on it, at least.

VR may be the wave of the future, but until it's as clear as my desktop monitor and as intuitive to use as my mouse, I'll stick with my Cavewoman 2000 setup.

On a happier note, my long-handled weeding tool showed up yesterday.  Now THERE's technology I can understand.  Have at thee, dandelion horde!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

After hundreds of TP attempts to no avail last night, I finally got into FaMESHed a little while ago. Found out there were a load of freebies set out for their 8th anniversary, so no wonder I couldn't get in last night; the freebie-hunters had packed out all three regions.

I logged on especially during early afternoon my time and managed to get in, then I got to play the thrilling "Ooh, I wonder which bits are going to rez at this stall?!" game. Sometimes it was just the tent, sometimes it was only the fatpack purchase prim, sometimes the ad image floated solo, sometimes it was only the gift box sitting on a blank patch of grass. At a few stalls the entire thing (GASP!) rezzed.

An example: this lovely hairstyle by Lamb. Really cute!

2c22a956309902705efecd4934231ce7.png

*cough*

Anyway, I got the Hotdog boots (unisex platform heels!) I was after, and was pleasantly surprised to see ContraptioN also had some fantastic boots there. I did grab all the freebies while I cammed my way around, and there are a lot of things I could use (mainly the home & garden stuff and the multitudes of earrings) so now I'm logging off and carrying on with RL stuff.

• Like 1

Today I will be sitting here and crying. Yesterday I spent the entire day trying to teleport into Catwa. Today they put the free head out in another region and even at 3am, the region is already full.  Unless they put it out in a few hundred extra regions as well, I don't stand a chance.  I wouldn't mind if it was a head I hated and didn't want. But it's a unisex head. 

I really REALLY hope they will put it out for sale at full price afterwards. But it said "exclusive" so I don't think they will.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.