Kasumi Ravenheart

What are you doing today!? :D

My Internet connection was splotchy today, so I did not spend much time in SL.  I did, however, play around a lot with opensim.  I spent most of my time trying to figure out how to fix scripts involving animations, and getting my boat to work when crossing sims, I copied AVsitter to my character, created a couple of regions and I played around a lot with Paint 3d, as well as blender.   I love trying to figure out how things work, not that I am very good at it 😛 

Below is what I worked on for the past couple of hours, the graphics are horrible but it was fun to do.  I want to eventually find a script that will levitate me up the beam into a skybox I will eventually create.  The other picture is of me sailing up to a light house, I did get the boat to work when crossing regions but it was a very sloppy job.. I don't know anything about scripting in SL.  I also got the animations to work. I even created my first tree today, which was fun :)

Tomorrow, I hope my Internet connection cooperates with me.  Opensim is fun, but I prefer SL a lot more, it is a lot less buggy.

Snapshot_096.png

Snapshot_099.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, WillowTenage said:

Below is what I worked on for the past couple of hours, the graphics are horrible but it was fun to do.  I want to eventually find a script that will levitate me up the beam into a skybox I will eventually create.  The other picture is of me sailing up to a light house, I did get the boat to work when crossing regions but it was a very sloppy job.. I don't know anything about scripting in SL.  I also got the animations to work. I even created my first tree today, which was fun :)

Take your average sit to teleport script and instead of instantanious movement make it move slowly while playing a levitation movement. For extra dizzyness add a spin to the upward movements. For some scripting challenge - not sure how much you want to learn - make it go up spiraling :D

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Take your average sit to teleport script and instead of instantanious movement make it move slowly while playing a levitation movement. For extra dizzyness add a spin to the upward movements. For some scripting challenge - not sure how much you want to learn - make it go up spiraling :D 

I like that idea!  Thanks for the advice :) I'll have to give it a try tomorrow.

Edited by WillowTenage

7 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

I like that idea!  Thanks for the advice :) I'll have to give it a try tomorrow.

When I start scripting something I never did in LSL before I often study the examples found here: https://www.outworldz.com/cgi/freescripts.plx

I am pretty sure you can adapt one of the teleport scripts found there to your needs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Dealing with a fractious vampire who needs a whole new body and outfits. 

Garnet and Edmund.jpg

He looks still healthy in this pic, did you leave him out in the sun after this or why does he need a new body?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

He looks still healthy in this pic, did you leave him out in the sun after this or why does he need a new body?

he seems still have starter avi

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

He arrived in the world looking much like that.  I gave him a suit but he wasn't impressed.

Well I was looking for somewhere to dance.  I fancied 1950's dressing up or swing.  I made the mistake of typing swing club in inworld search :/

So after abandoning that idea I typed 1950's in and the top result was even worse.  I think I'll stay home today 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

to boldly daze where no kitty has dazed before...

original_5c4657d0289dd272da000001.png

@Abnor Moleare we supposed to be able to climb up there? I found this glitch last week and being a good scientist I verified it by repetition :D

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 7

I've heard of a cat on a hot tin roof, but a Siamese on the roof of Magellan's Lair is a new one.  Watch your footing up there. 🐈

• Like 3

At 100 word stories reading with Crap Mariner and other lovely people. This is Second Life awesome. He has a group in world and does these every week, his website for them is awesome too :)

100 word Stories with Crap Mariner.jpg

• Like 8

I've been killing griefers in the cornfield, and upgraded my weapon to a chainsaw! 😎 This game is pretty fun, I wish LL would create a few more like this one.

Snapshot_117.png

Snapshot_120.png

Edited by WillowTenage
Found a better picture
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, WillowTenage said:

I've been killing griefers in the cornfield, and upgraded my weapon to a chainsaw! 😎 This game is pretty fun, I wish LL would create a few more like this one. 

Well, there are the Glytches, the Realms, the Dino hunt...

• Like 1

I've been devouring the wonderful Johannes Cabal books by Jonathan L. Howard.  

Cabal is an amazingly likable person...despite the fact that he's a necromancer, a murderer, a thief, and pretty much completely amoral.  Howard's writing advances the grand tradition of British humor.  If you like Monty Python or Douglas Adams, you'll love this guy.

tumblr_m7c16bfht61qg5y4ao1_1280.jpg

Johannes, if you should need a replacement for Miss Leonie Barrow, I'd like to apply for the position.

• Like 1

Watching another well known store leave SL and a friend reopening hers... wishing I could play Dylan's "The times they are a changin" on a harmonica now...

sentimental kitty feels like it would be appropriate

• Like 1