Jump to content
Kasumi Ravenheart

What are you doing today!? :D

Recommended Posts

@Ivanova Shostakovich, I should take this opportunity to thank you, too, for reintroducing me to what used to be perhaps my all-time favourite sim, AM Radio's The Faraway. Aside from its intrinsic beauty and artistic interest, it's a place that has a lot of personal resonance.

(This is more accurately what I did yesterday, and so probably doesn't belong here. But whatevs, right?)

Dagger Bay_034.png

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my best friend and I decided to buy a piece of land...but then the cliff disappeared and we could see a massive, tacky store. And there were 2 neighbors having a war next door so we moved again and and decided to rent (it ends up being cheaper than our monthly tier). Another friend came over to see our new land. Can't wait to post in the home and garden thread our updates.

Snapshot_016-min.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just discovered the Amazon Prime series “Electric Dreams” - re-imagining of my favorite Philip K. Dick stories! The second episode includes “pizzled” from Autofac!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 5:19 PM, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I just wish this software recorded the songs too >:

what software are you using?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, I will be spending the rest of the day trying to figure out where I can buy a "classic avatar" skin that will blend in the neck area a little better with the mesh body (Lara) I plan to get at some point in the future and being frustrated to the point of almost being in tears. It's frustrating because I know many people don't use mesh heads and yet from what I have seen their "classic" skins blend perfectly with their mesh bodies. 

tumblr_mdc5j3oe2i1riiw1do1_250.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Apparently, I will be spending the rest of the day trying to figure out where I can buy a "classic avatar" skin that will blend in the neck area a little better with the mesh body (Lara) I plan to get at some point in the future and being frustrated to the point of almost being in tears. It's frustrating because I know many people don't use mesh heads and yet from what I have seen their "classic" skins blend perfectly with their mesh bodies. 

 

7 Deadly s{K}ins still has their classic skins upstairs and they blend well with the Lara body applier under most lighting - assuming you can find a shade that you like.  You can get a demo of all the applier shades and see if you like any.  That is what I'm currently using.  I sometimes wear chokers though because under some lighting, the seam is visible.  

Other places that I've gotten classic skins from, but am not currently using (some blend better than others and it also depends on your shade preference):  LAQ, Modish, Stix, Dulce Secrets, WoW, Genesis Lab.

I feel your pain.  I haven't gone to a mesh head yet - just not ready - and I hate skin shopping.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

7 Deadly s{K}ins still has their classic skins upstairs and they blend well with the Lara body applier under most lighting - assuming you can find a shade that you like.  You can get a demo of all the applier shades and see if you like any.  That is what I'm currently using.  I sometimes wear chokers though because under some lighting, the seam is visible.  

Other places that I've gotten classic skins from, but am not currently using (some blend better than others and it also depends on your shade preference):  LAQ, Modish, Stix, Dulce Secrets, WoW, Genesis Lab.

I feel your pain.  I haven't gone to a mesh head yet - just not ready - and I hate skin shopping.

Thanks. 

The skin I use came from Adam & Eve (Sharise Mocha). I've been there and LAQ as well as Glam Affair. A&E seem to have their own body now but I kind of have my heart set on the Lara since I have been familiar with and bought from Maitreya for years.

I don't know. I may go back and get the A&E demo.

Everything seems to be called an applier and I'm just so confused by what I have seen. O.o

I do get that they are called appliers because they "apply" the textures but nothing really tells me that this skin/applier for the "classic" will work with the Lara. If that makes sense. :S

As I said, I'm confused. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out before I get completely discouraged and give up.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Everything seems to be called an applier and I'm just so confused by what I have seen. O.o

I do get that they are called appliers because they "apply" the textures but nothing really tells me that this skin/applier for the "classic" will work with the Lara. If that makes sense. :S

Basically, the appliers work one of two ways. 
 1) They either say that they are Maitreya appliers and then they will apply directly to Lara with nothing extra. 
 2) Or they are Omega and in that case you have to go to the Omega store and buy the Omega relay -- something like L$50 if you join their group or double that if you don't.  Some Omega relays only have to be worn and activated once, but the Maitreya Lara one has to actually be attached every time you use it.  That same Omega applier will work with any other type of Omega body appliers - like for tattoos or special skin effects.

You buy an applier for the body in the same 'tone' as the classic skin that will show on your head.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

As I said, I'm confused. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out before I get completely discouraged and give up.

Early in Spring 2017, I came back to SL after roughly 8 years of inactivity and had to learn all about mesh bodies and appliers.  It does seem a bit overwhelming and quite frustrating at first -- well, for quite a while actually.  But the more you play with it, the more comfortable you get.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Basically, the appliers work one of two ways. 
 1) They either say that they are Maitreya appliers and then they will apply directly to Lara with nothing extra. 
 2) Or they are Omega and in that case you have to go to the Omega store and buy the Omega relay -- something like L$50 if you join their group or double that if you don't.  Some Omega relays only have to be worn and activated once, but the Maitreya Lara one has to actually be attached every time you use it.  That same Omega applier will work with any other type of Omega body appliers - like for tattoos or special skin effects.

You buy an applier for the body in the same 'tone' as the classic skin that will show on your head.

The skin I'm using isn't even the A & E store anymore. I bought it 5 or 6 years ago. 

And holy cow! I don't know what is going on. I have the Lara demo and all of a sudden this happened:

 

Quote

[17:11] Second Life: Maitreya Footwear & Accessory Server owned by Onyx LeShelle gave you 'Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara'  ( Maitreya Isle (150,139,3050) ).

It wasn't my other half. He had just logged in 3 minutes before that.

Whoever did it... thank you so very much! You are a very kind and generous person whoever you are! I will reciprocate in kind for someone else in the future!

ANd now I have to go before my dinner burns!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The skin I'm using isn't even the A & E store anymore. I bought it 5 or 6 years ago. 

There was a change in skins some years back - I'm not sure exactly what the change was.  However, 7 Deadly s{K}ins changed all their tones at that time and subsequently only made appliers to match the later tones, not the earlier ones (if memory serves correctly here).  The skin I was wearing before I returned as from someone that is no longer in SL, so I had no choice but to go shopping.  

Even if A&E has their own body, they may still make skin appliers for other bodies, probably an Omega one.  If they do, and if your current skin tone is still one that they carry, then they may have the applier you need.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I popped over to A&E. They do have body appliers specific to Maitreya that come in tones EA, EB, EC, and ED -- right side after you pass through the entry area.  They also have body appliers for Maitreya in tones T0, TA, TB, TC, TD, TE - left side after you pass through the entry area.

If your classic skin is one of those tones, then you'll have a matching applier.  If not, then you have two choices:  Find a new classic skin w/ associated applier or pick the A&E tone that is closest to what you have and always wear a choker (not a great option).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I popped over to A&E. They do have body appliers specific to Maitreya that come in tones EA, EB, EC, and ED -- right side after you pass through the entry area.  They also have body appliers for Maitreya in tones T0, TA, TB, TC, TD, TE - left side after you pass through the entry area.

If your classic skin is one of those tones, then you'll have a matching applier.  If not, then you have two choices:  Find a new classic skin w/ associated applier or pick the A&E tone that is closest to what you have and always wear a choker (not a great option).

How would I be able to tell what tone my skin is? About all I do know is that the "India" applier on the Maitreya HUD is the one that almost perfectly matches my A&E Sharisa Mocha skin.

I'm at A&E right now looking at the ones on the left side of the entrance and I see now the Maitreya demo. It's starting to come together for me a bit but when I mouse over it says "Women's body appliers for Maitreya DEMO" and the next line says "For Maitreya Bento and non Bento heads". I'm not sure what that means. Is it for the body or the head? Or does it mean that it will work for the heads as well as the body? This is what confuses me. I know Sachi is trying to make it clear. It's not her fault it doesn't translate well for me.

I'm just going to take the plunge and grab the demo, take it home and see what is what. If I need a new skin, it will have to wait until after I get a couple of paychecks. Or longer. In the meantime I have found some mesh group gift outfits that will get me through until then.

Thank you so much for your help! You have no idea what it means to me. Between what you have told me and the gift of the Lara body I am close to tears. :x

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm being a pony.

 

Tiny Pony.jpg

If the lab does not deliver your promised pony: Be your own pony!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 after my ex gf/friend didnt noticed i left., i wanted to clear all the thingd and wrote GIANT NOTECARD with everything i feel,think,etc....she answered in 2 minutes and said she is confused( so she reads that fast?)and then asked me "how i hurt you this time?"i m was totally surprised,because it seems extremely rude, but any her sarcasm word don t hurt me anymore.As she said she didnt noticed because she was focused on her SL,so ...any conversation with her like that is a waste of time....i wanna take my brain back,lol

also big thanks to my 12 years old PC who slowly dies and i can t be online in SL for a while)))

and also one phrase killed me :oh now i see how you like to talk to me.

p.s so she was talking to me about her dude that she cheated on me with because wanted to show she s sorry ,,uuuuh?

alkogolik-kadr_118532944_orig_.jpg

Edited by Panteleeva
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorting out a concept for getting a friends store some more acknowlegement, typed out several NCs for her to read with links and ideas and you name it, now I´ll do ad pics and then... idk go back to  Spookzilla I guess and blog later today^^

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2018 at 1:03 AM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

   right now I'm ready to log out for the night. But there's a song I really like streaming in my house. I can't click the button until the song ends.....

   Ten more seconds... almost there...

   ... almost.....*

Here I thought I was the only one who did that!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

About all I do know is that the "India" applier on the Maitreya HUD is the one that almost perfectly matches my A&E Sharisa Mocha skin.

In the Maitreya HUD you can fine tune the skin colour to get a pretty much perfect match to your current skin, I managed that with my then Skinthesis skin using the Arctic tone as the closest match when i first demoed body before eventually buying a Glam Affair skin in Arctic when they still sold system skins

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

In the Maitreya HUD you can fine tune the skin colour to get a pretty much perfect match to your current skin, I managed that with my then Skinthesis skin using the Arctic tone as the closest match when i first demoed body before eventually buying a Glam Affair skin in Arctic when they still sold system skins

Yesterday I was all wrapped up in matching some group gift shoes/feet up with my current skin using RGB, since I knew it would be a while before I would have a mesh body. Then  someone anonymously buying the Lara body for me shocked me so much that it didn't hit me until I read your post that I could likely do the same with the body. Thank you. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...