What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greeting the souls of the dead ...

Was part of the job description as part-time Nile-doggy ...

original_5bb1fb2ed774f87833000001.png

update: got some company, looks like today not only the Egyptian underworld is busy but literally all hell broke loose because of some fortune teller dude who escaped =^.^=

original_5bb2064dd774f82892000001.png

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Greeting the souls of the dead ...

Was part of the job description as part-time Nile-doggy ...

original_5bb1fb2ed774f87833000001.png

update: got some company, looks like today not only the Egyptian underworld is busy but literally all hell broke loose because of some fortune teller dude who escaped =^.^=

original_5bb2064dd774f82892000001.png

we're... pawsome!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

I have been studying each month, each week, and each day. Even today, I still studied, but lower grades for no apparent reason are making me sadder. I’ve been studying and studying, but assignments from teachers keep giving me lower grades.

A638E8CA-9AFD-4CED-82A3-8925A0221D59.jpeg.ff80223e8d692360ad5a86d96fabe929.jpeg

Is there a counsellor you can talk to, or perhaps ask the teachers themselves how you can improve the grades?  Make sure you get enough rest, anyway; you're staying up too late.

17 hours ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

I have been studying each month, each week, and each day. Even today, I still studied, but lower grades for no apparent reason are making me sadder. I’ve been studying and studying, but assignments from teachers keep giving me lower grades.

When your efforts disappoint you, it's sometimes tempting to walk away from them via distractions. That, of course, is exactly the wrong thing to do, and you may be doing that right now. Whenever I received a disappointing grade, I made a beeline for the professor's office to work out a solution.

Reasons don't care if you can see them or not. If you can't, seek out people who can.

ETA: Becoming sadder can lower your grades. You wouldn't be the first to fall into that vicious circle. If grades are falling across multiple courses, you might benefit from seeing one of the school's guidance counselors.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

When your efforts disappoint you, it's sometimes tempting to walk away from them via distractions. That, of course, is exactly the wrong thing to do, and you may be doing that right now. Whenever I received a disappointing grade, I made a beeline for the professor's office to work out a solution.

Reasons don't care if you can see them or not. If you can't, seek out people who can.

ETA: Becoming sadder can lower your grades. You wouldn't be the first to fall into that vicious circle. If grades are falling across multiple courses, you might benefit from seeing one of the school's guidance counselors.

I don’t want to give up, but I’ll try to work up a solution with the professors. They usually tell the class to study hard.

It’s already happening in multiple courses. I’m not sure what to say when seeing a guidance counselor. Do those usually cost money?

6 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Is there a counsellor you can talk to, or perhaps ask the teachers themselves how you can improve the grades?  Make sure you get enough rest, anyway; you're staying up too late.

I’m sure that there are counselors. I’m not sure if they cost money or not. If I see one, I’m not sure what to say.

The teachers usually tell the class to study hard, so the students can improve their grades. I’m still trying to sleep early, but I tend to stay up late.

8 hours ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

I’m not sure what to say when seeing a guidance counselor. Do those usually cost money?

It's been 30 years since my college days, but my university had guidance counselors at both the university and department levels, in addition to required office hours for all faculty. If I had a class specific issue, I'd go right to the professor doing office hours and get direct help or pointers to other resources that might help me understand whatever was giving me trouble.

If I'd been having general difficulty with school, the university level guidance counselors were available to discuss strategies for improving performance, or getting accommodations for specific issues. Given the growing awareness of the importance of students' emotional health, I'd expect such resources to be more available now than when I was a student.

During my junior and senior years, I was a volunteer guidance counselor, both within the engineering school and at the university level. I coached underclassmen on study habits, availability of campus resources, campus safety, medical services (we had a student clinic) etc.

In all cases, the support provided by my university was included in the tuition. If you're attending a typical college/university, there should be a central office in which you can discover what services are available to you.

Good luck, Napoleon!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It's been 30 years since my college days, but my university had guidance counselors at both the university and department levels, in addition to required office hours for all faculty. If I had a class specific issue, I'd go right to the professor doing office hours and get direct help or pointers to other resources that might help me understand whatever was giving me trouble. If I'd been having general difficulty with school, the university level guidance counselors were available to discuss strategies for improving performance, or getting accommodations for specific issues. Given the growing awareness of the importance of students' emotional health, I'd expect such resources to be more available now than when I was a student. During my junior and senior years, I was a volunteer guidance counselor, both within the engineering school and at the university level. I coached underclassmen on study habits, availability of campus resources, campus safety, medical services (we had a student clinic) etc.

In all cases, the support provided by my university was included in the tuition. If you're attending a typical college/university, there should be a central office in which you can discover what services are available to you.

Good luck, Napoleon!

Same with my university. They have guidance counselors and a student clinic, too. I’m still in my college years right now.

Ok, next time, I’ll take your advices into consideration.

Ah, yes, those resources would be more plentiful right now since the internet came.

I have a question. Do you think you can coach me on study habits?

12 minutes ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

I have a question. Do you think you can coach me on study habits?

I barely have enough time to participate on the forum these days, Napoleon. Check out the resources offered by your school, you're paying for them!

ETA: I will offer one bit of study advice.

STAY OUT OF SL!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I barely have enough time to participate on the forum these days, Napoleon. Check out the resources offered by your school, you're paying for them!

ETA: I will offer one bit of study advice.

STAY OUT OF SL!!!

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

^^ This -- And that includes the forums

Ok, and I’ll visit again next year or when I don’t have classes.

I don’t go on SL anymore unless I want to take pictures of my avatar to show to my friends.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.