What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Ooooh! Look at all the seaspray! I love it. What are some of your favorite places to surf?

Well i just started so Kona is the only place i have surfed at so far but i have no desire to try anywhere else right now because it is so fun here!  Eventually I imagine i'll try other places though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Ooooh! Look at all the seaspray! I love it. What are some of your favorite places to surf?

I have surfed in three places but unfortunately I don't remember two of them because i was taken there by someone else, but one, Cape San Blas I remember and it was nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I have surfed in three places but unfortunately I don't remember two of them because i was taken there by someone else, but one, Cape San Blas I remember and it was nice.

Next time when you go surfing and you enjoy the place, you should add them to your landmarks so you can refer back to them the next time you want to remember what the places are called. I'm sure there are many people who want to go there, but unfortunately, the people who mentioned the fun places already forgot.

6 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Once upon a time I bought some hair by Wasabi Pills. There were a couple styles that I liked. Is it just me? Or did they not really have a lot of hair on offer?

At Hair Fair you mean? I think they had 2 or 3 styles. The usually have something for Fifty Linden Fridays once or twice a month. It's a limited color hud, but I always grab it. They tend to have gifts for the anniversary rounds of events they are in too. I've loved there stuff since before we took our big hiatus.

7 hours ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Next time when you go surfing and you enjoy the place, you should add them to your landmarks so you can refer back to them the next time you want to remember what the places are called. I'm sure there are many people who want to go there, but unfortunately, the people who mentioned the fun places already forgot.

I am sure I did landmark it, and somewhere in my list of one million landmarks they are there. It is just figuring out which ones they are now that is hard

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Remember to rename those landmarks to something meaningful, or you'll end up with tons of landmarks that have location names that you don't mean anything to you.  Also, be prepared to try going back to someplace and it no longer being there.  Some things in SL have been there for over a decade, others maybe make it a few months.

ETA: As Talli's later post totally confirms.  :D

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I am sure I did landmark it, and somewhere in my list of one million landmarks they are there. It is just figuring out which ones they are now that is hard

Oh, I often put the lands I need in my favorites list. As for the lands I don't need, I put them in landmarks. I think this game should let us to be able to make folders in both the landmarks and favorites part, so we would be able to organize our landmarks and know which type of land is which type of land. Not being able to make folders in both spots drives organizing fanatics crazy.

Edited by EmperorNapoleonBonaparte
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Oh, I often put the lands I need in my favorites list. As for the lands I don't need, I put them in landmarks. I think this game should let us to be able to make folders in both the landmarks and favorites part, so we would be able to organize our landmarks and know which type of land is which type of land. Not being able to make folders in both spots drives organizing fanatics crazy.

I use a notecard, named appropriately and placed in a folder called favorite places.  Then drag the landmark onto the notecard.. write a sentence about why it was a special place to revisit, save and there you go.  It stops my inventory getting clogged with landmarks as the important ones are attached to a notecard. There might be better ways but this is my way

• Like 3

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

I use a notecard, named appropriately and placed in a folder called favorite places.  Then drag the landmark onto the notecard.. write a sentence about why it was a special place to revisit, save and there you go.  It stops my inventory getting clogged with landmarks as the important ones are attached to a notecard. There might be better ways but this is my way

Ok, how do you do that? Is it like opening a document, and copying and pasting the landmark address on the notecard?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Ok, how do you do that? Is it like opening a document, and copying and pasting the landmark address on the notecard?

Created new folder name it for example "Favorite destinations"  

Create new notecard and name it something like "Best photographic sims"

Make a landmark you want to keep and remember.  Open the notecard and right click, drag the landmark from invent onto the notecard.  Add a sentence of text for your own description,  click save,  Put the notecard into your new folder.  You could do it by copying and pasting the landmark slurl but I prefer to save an actual landmark. 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Created new folder name it for example "Favorite destinations"  

Create new notecard and name it something like "Best photographic sims"

Make a landmark you want to keep and remember.  Open the notecard and right click, drag the landmark from invent onto the notecard.  Add a sentence of text for your own description,  click save,  Put the notecard into your new folder.  You could do it by copying and pasting the landmark slurl but I prefer to save an actual landmark. 

Ok, very useful. Merci beaucoup!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

At Hair Fair you mean? I think they had 2 or 3 styles. The usually have something for Fifty Linden Fridays once or twice a month. It's a limited color hud, but I always grab it. They tend to have gifts for the anniversary rounds of events they are in too. I've loved there stuff since before we took our big hiatus.

I didn't go to Hair Fair. I was just remembering how quite a while ago, I thought I went to WP when they didn't have nearly as much stock as they do now. It just struck me how much time had to have passed since my last visit. I turned 51 today. So yeah... time.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.