What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unboxing new iPhone!

And why GOOGLE IS EVIL!

Restoring settings and apps from iCloud backup. Nothing Google on my phone whatsoever, even have the default search engine in Safari browser set to DuckDuckGo. The on one app I use my dad's account, so he logs into it with his Google account. Three minutes later I get this email:

Google-Evil.png

I REPEAT: Zero Google apps or *anything Google* on this phone, Never has Google.com ever been loaded up in any browser on this phone. The *only* "Google anything" was to log into a 100% unrelated app with a Google sign-in. Now Google knows everything about this brand new iPhone.

Google is evil. I'm telling you people if you Google anything, don't start whining about privacy and security. LOL

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Google is evil.

Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft too.

36 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The *only* "Google anything" was to log into a 100% unrelated app with a Google sign-in.

mmm, that would do it. When you logged in to that app they still process the login. They saw you using mobile safari so they know it's an iPhone. They also know there are no iPhone apps registered to you... and of course they have your email. Boom!

Google's/Facebook's hooks are very deep in the web. It's not really possible to do much without their pointy little google-ears poking up.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft too.

mmm, that would do it. When you logged in to that app they still process the login. They saw you using mobile safari so they know it's an iPhone. They also know there are no iPhone apps registered to you... and of course they have your email. Boom!

Google's/Facebook's hooks are very deep in the web. It's not really possible to do much without their pointy little google-ears poking up.

No - did not use mobile safari (unless the in-app authentication did it). LOL My point is this: HOW can they know I don't have those other apps unless they SCANNED the phone for them??? (Oh and not my email, my dad's email - but just the same as far as they're concerned - they still scanned MY phone) Ugh. I haven't used my Facebook account for years and I don't use anything Microsoft, either (better alternate software anyway).

I suppose the scary bit is that they are still getting information about me what I actually TRY to avoid them getting it. Imagine how much they have on all the people who don't even try to hide and use those services willy-nilly? THAT is the scary part. At least all my passwords are 14-character randomness (I use BitWarden to manage them).

Took a road trip on the Heterocera from the Rivula region on Route 1 to the Melanthia region on Route 5, with a detour down and around Robin Loop.   First time driving a motorcycle - this was an unexpected gift - and this particular one was very easy for me to drive and keep on the road.  A lot of fun :)

798275523_20181231Route1atAgirus_001.thumb.png.d6823cad8fb5e865d0e262819139b07b.png

• Like 9

Exploring places.

Snapshot from the Chinese place mentioned by @Alyona Su in one other thread. Landmark: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Qoheleth/128/128/24

2019-01-01_scene1.thumb.jpg.efbfe8b63b617eda536d5353216ef4ba.jpg

Two snapshots from Japanese place. Location: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Restless Times/148/192/24
There was working Mahjong game on the table. I spent some time playing with it, didn't got it all solved though.

2019-01-01_scene2.thumb.jpg.2c367cc999325d55ebac2cd6f3264a0a.jpg

2019-01-01_scene3.thumb.jpg.427d2655367678fc14f04354d4e47aed.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Earlier this morning I was hunting crystals in Linden Realms. Managed to get quite a few greens and blues and lots of oranges so was happy with that. 

I'm currently working on my newly created SL blog (3 days old) but hope to spend some time with my family later when they get online. 

My Blog: Forever Fun 

Snapshot_067.png

Edited by brodiak90
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.