What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, lavalois said:

Would it be possible to override animation priority? Sometimes I would love to override my seating animation priority, because in a lot of places my avatar ends up inside the seat because the animation priority clashes with the seat's animation priority.

Sadly no. Animation priority is set by the maker of the animation when they upload it to SL.

Some Animation makers upload multiple versions of their animations set to different priorities so people can pick which ones to use - but it's a platform limitation that it can't be adjusted once the file is uploaded...

This is why most AOs have an option to turn off/on your sit AO. For the one I'm making, it's off by default, and when you turn it on I actually send a warning message that the results cannot be predicted...

Me personally... when I buy a collection of animations and see a really great sit... I edit my furniture and put it in there... but that's a bit of an advanced topic - that takes figuring out how to customize things like the AVsitter system (thankfully AVsitter is now open source... so if you have AVsitter furniture, you can add the 'adjuster tools' on your own and get it to make configuration notecards for you:

https://avsitter.github.io/avsitter2_home.html

- for moderate to advanced users.

I'm the only person in my department working in the office.  My boss sent everyone else home and the I told him to beat it.  By tomorrow we should have a dozen or less people here while everyone else works from home - I have to be here to babysit.

Edited by Tolya Ugajin
ETA: Oh, and hope accounting doesn't mind, but I'll be buying everyone stuck here lunch each day - assuming anyone delivers
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

8E46545F-97F9-46C1-9828-4C6600B01F7F.jpeg.327d6a1e2500c95fc97dc979b8206f35.jpeg

‘it’s a good time for a diet’ 

Lent runs till April 9 and no gym for the typist till the isolation period is finished. Oof. 🧐

Also...hey, plenty of SPOONS!

*obligatorydisclosue: I’m not a spoonie, I just like flatware a whole lot. 

• Like 4

Preppin’ 😉
...just a silly collage of stuff I found at the front of ‘newest first’ in mesh templates. (And no, I didn’t buy it, so my seekit alt isn’t profittering from the macabre). I do like the cart for an event shopping statement though, hm...

CB29220A-DCA1-4427-96D4-55A99B58BFF6.jpeg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I've been testing dances as my machines didn't work properly when I took them out of storage; I can't even remember the last time I used them.  Anyway, after reconstructing the machines I tested them all, finishing with the Tiny dances. :) 

Testing Tinies.jpg

Please, for the love of all that is Holy, do NOT let my girl see this!  That is do freaking cute, I'd be doomed to a lifetime of having something like that as my wife in SL!  Worse, the next time I log in, I'd have one of those avatars myself!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Please, for the love of all that is Holy, do NOT let my girl see this!  That is do freaking cute, I'd be doomed to a lifetime of having something like that as my wife in SL!  Worse, the next time I log in, I'd have one of those avatars myself!

I think the facial expression of a Dinkie maybe suits your tone more? 😉

B0E192A3-0E90-4363-91BB-E578AF05592F.jpeg

what I’m working on today, silly stuff...3x3, 4x4 and 5x5

83CF81FA-49C4-455E-80B8-98AAEF23CABE.png

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 2

I will concentrate more on rl as my wife is working from home and I don't want to overstretch the broad band. Also she is using me as a PA I hope I get payed .... 

And I must say she is an angry typist pore keyboard. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zzevir said:

And I must say she is an angry typist pore keyboard. 

My fiancé’s level of irritation can be judged by how hard he types and by how much he’s using ‘the patient voice’ ...his team is not used to having virtual meetings so hilarity ensues. The cat is having a little trouble figuring the situation out 😂.

Me? I’m keeping the vanilla spice coffee flowing in his cup and timing any of my video-watching for between his meetings. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

My fiancé’s level of irritation can be judged by how hard he types and by how much he’s using ‘the patient voice’ ...his team is not used to having virtual meetings so hilarity ensues. The cat is having a little trouble figuring the situation out 😂.

Me? I’m keeping the vanilla spice coffee flowing in his cup and timing any of my video-watching for between his meetings. 

I'm planing to bring her next tea in just in an apron. :) 

Edited by Zzevir
  • Haha 4

On 2/14/2020 at 7:15 PM, Mahala Roviana said:

Texturing a house with a "Great Gatsby" or old Hollywood style. I hope it doesn't end up looking too tacky :) 

Sounds fab. Recently there was a wedding in one of our soap operas that was Great Gatsby themed. It was marvellous. It will be cheery not at all tacky, I am sure. :) 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, BinBash said:

I require 3 coffees for the brain to wake.

I am making stuff still, every day.  Yesterday I finished part of what I was doing so I can test my doer stuff.

Now  today I can get back to testing things \o/

I got my coffee *blinks*

Here I go, wish me cluck \o/

Some threads escape me. How have I not seen this one before?  

Three coffees I have definitely had to have today, although I have tried to take my consumption down to just one as I am not sleeping well.

I logged into Second Life about three hours ago, and forgot I was there. Logged out now, but found I was staring into empty space, probably had been the whole time. Oh to be able to just do that for a while in real life ( one should be careful what one wishes for though!). 

easter.jpg

• Like 3

Starting a home project.  Last night I demolished my structurally and perfectly maintained house on my mainland parcel and replaced it with one that has seen better days.  This house reminds me of a house I lived in as a child in the '60s - odd additions over the years, poorly maintained - but wonderful character (and most likely wonderful stories hidden in its walls). Perhaps I'll put up more trees around the parcel, and be that strange wild-grey-haired hermit lady who lives in the old house back in the clearing back up behind the trees.

285959032_20200318PippinsGlenatRamanujan_001.thumb.jpg.e32af88940824a155998f806b0d879c7.jpg

1047633382_20200318PippinsGlenatRamanujan_002.thumb.jpg.1b8ba84203306bca2c99c0c94041ddf9.jpg

• Like 7

Comparing photos of a real life ball-jointed doll head (Popovy sisters Little Owl) to an SL head/skin/shape(center photo)… It sure is cheaper to collect/customize/dress dolls in second life! But I still like my real life dolls. We maintain a bjd doll comparison website for the hobby community so I always love to do doll comparisons of any kind virtual, real photos etc.

i’m trying to tell myself that I don’t need this doll (or indeed any new dolls) as a ‘reward’ for finishing my KonMari later this year. Time will tell if it works and I believe myself but in the meantime I think I will re-create something similar in second life. Doing KonMari also means taking an inventory and counting all of my dolls, something I’ve never done before.🤦🏼‍♀️

one, two, three...many! 😹
 👩🏼👩🏻‍🦱👱🏽‍♀️👩🏾‍🦳

CFD2256B-28C0-4DD3-B456-13B1FA33E29A.jpeg

I wish I had this as an SL hair too! 🤣

BCB963A9-161D-46FC-8B58-540E0049D64A.jpeg

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Comparing photos of a real life ball-jointed doll head (Popovy sisters Little Owl) to an SL head/skin/shape(center photo)… It sure is cheaper to collect/customize/dress dolls in second life! But I still like my real life dolls. We maintain a bjd doll comparison website for the hobby community so I always love to do doll comparisons of any kind virtual, real photos etc.

i’m trying to tell myself that I don’t need this doll (or indeed any new dolls) as a ‘reward’ for finishing my KonMari later this year. Time will tell if it works and I believe myself but in the meantime I think I will re-create something similar in second life. Doing KonMari also means taking an inventory and counting all of my dolls, something I’ve never done before.🤦🏼‍♀️

one, two, three...many! 😹
 👩🏼👩🏻‍🦱👱🏽‍♀️👩🏾‍🦳

CFD2256B-28C0-4DD3-B456-13B1FA33E29A.jpeg

I wish I had this as an SL hair too! 🤣

BCB963A9-161D-46FC-8B58-540E0049D64A.jpeg

you need it.

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

you need it.

Decisions decisions, people are so creative with them. With all bjd really but these especially, lately. Maybe I should just make an inquiry about a base doll and that wig, just for funs! It never hurts to know these things. 

BA50474C-0881-4A4D-8692-07EC4CC53AA5.jpeg

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 4

Damn, damn, damn. After countless failures in my constant effort to steal the locomotive, I bought a new pair of heels, hoping to get better traction in the fertile soil of "The Far Away". Just as I felt it budge, look who arrives to frown on me. I was thinking he'd never miss it, but there he is...
868015377_CaughtbyAMRadio.thumb.jpg.dc5ecc0afe5a6cebc1aee634885bb8f5.jpg

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Damn, damn, damn. After countless failures in my constant effort to steal the locomotive, I bought a new pair of heels, hoping to get better traction in the fertile soil of "The Far Away". Just as I felt it budge, look who arrives to frown on my effort. I was thinking he'd never miss it, but there he is...
868015377_CaughtbyAMRadio.thumb.jpg.dc5ecc0afe5a6cebc1aee634885bb8f5.jpg

It would be lovely if he could fix the seating animation in the plane while he's here.

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Damn, damn, damn.

I sort of regret that I never spoke to him when I saw him in-world back in the day. He was always surrounded by a bevvy of adoring women . . . and I didn't want to be perceived as belonging to that set.

At the same time, he had something . . . a sort of quiet, sensitive, Keatsian quality. "Here lies one whose name was writ in water." And it didn't hurt that so much of his art seemed to hint obliquely at personal pain and tristesse. He seemed vulnerable, and the more so for displaying glimpses of his sadness. It's a bit of a cliche, maybe, but still . . .

So there's also a part of me that wonders if I could have seduced him. Or, maybe, been seduced by him.

Not that I would have, of course. Or would, if I met him now. And I really didn't want to be associated with those women. But . . .

Ok, I'm really going to just shut up now.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.