What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

attending the Breakfast Club, held every Sunday from 8-10am SLT , this week it´s at the Helping Haven: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Helping Haven Gateway/44/53/27

the corresponding inworld groups are: secondlife:///app/group/d0f1fa9f-1a8b-8074-b111-a3fac92fea07/about

and: secondlife:///app/group/adf67d17-9017-6f09-02ee-bd0db569302e/about

(just copy/paste those codes into nearby chat^^)

the schedule for the Breakfast is to be found here : http://www.konastream.com/breakfast.html

now wake up, get dressed and come over^^

• Like 1

Double Post cos.. well question and stuffs xD

Today I learnt that I won the day yesterday^^ Thanks for that (was a first for me ^^)

AND I decided on my new house - the DAD Victorian Sunrise Cottage - as it´s not that massive and very customizable! Really looking forward to get it ^^

Afterwards I continued with my Skin- and Make-Up Research and made a list after trashing the first bunch of demos:

I listed creator, tone and then the names of the specific scans - and added 5 boxes behind it...Now I´m gonna wear those skins several times and the one/s that get 5 ticks will be it.

Now my question is: Would this process be interesting enough for a blog entry? It´s something different and a bit "behind the scenes", maybe a way to help starters?

I don´t see why I would need more than one skin and head. I´m not much of a changer, I´ve worn GlamAffair´s Cassiopeia for YEARS (not counting the breaks^^). I can alter it enough with make-ups (which I rarely do, too). Of course, if I want to shapeshift there´s a need for more skins (for my Twi`lek Char ^^), but for my everyday use? I mean I don´t have the funds to collect stuff like that anymore, plus... I don´t really change tattoos, skins and heads (even the system ones - one I wore and will be wearing on a daily basis, others I keep just for melancholic reasons as I wore them before the standard one was released - including my RL tattoos ;) - ok I would wear those on an Alex Version of Kasha XD) .

I kinda see my chars as persons, they´re all parts of me but sometimes I dream of us sitting around a table and talk or I see Kasha or Rhian (my SW Chat RP Char - who is 1:1 Kasha just a bit ...much more of a temper than I and Kasha have - maybe as much as Kasha had back in ~2012^^) cursing me or yelling at me XD. Now... I do have ONE head, ONE skin and only so much of space for tattoos.
Hair is changeable - be it via the hairdresser or my own skilled hands (well... xD theoretically xD) or via wigs. The Skin and Body stays. Kasha varies her looks via fashion and all that enough for my liking ^^. If you add my VERY tiny budget (SL is pure luxury as it is for me, kind of a therapeutic creative outlet) you´ll understand why I make such a fuss out of decisions.

hm now I´ve started to blabber again - so... Post yey or ney? (maybe thumbs and worried smileys woud help^^)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

Now my question is: Would this process be interesting enough for a blog entry? It´s something different and a bit "behind the scenes", maybe a way to help starters?

I admit that I don't go to blogs much past looking at the pretty photos, but I will say that ultimately what you do with your own blog should be up to you. It is the "new" career so to speak since the new wave of advertisement seems to go through events and blogs, and everyone likes "free stuff" (I promise I'm not trying to offend, nor open up a can of worms with you bloggers). There will always be people in SL who want to learn new things - your biggest issue will be finding those people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I went to see "Incredibles 2" last night. In addition to being a fun movie, it's full of 1950s objects that would be fun to model in SL. The motel looks like something you'd find in SL.

Edited by animats
Fix typo.
  • Like 1

A visit to popular ballroom. Total of 54 avatars there; only 16 avatars shown in the snapshot.
Fps around 12 which was still bearable. However if I started to cam around a lot the fps dropped even further down to a slideshow.
(Snapshot was post processed, to give it a drawing like look.)
2018-06-16_ballroom.thumb.jpg.8b4886f142a47ace20f32f2bf31ad5a2.jpg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

A visit to popular ballroom. Total of 54 avatars there; only 16 avatars shown in the snapshot.
Fps around 12 which was still bearable. However if I started to cam around a lot the fps dropped even further down to a slideshow.
(Snapshot was post processed, to give it a drawing like look.)
2018-06-16_ballroom.thumb.jpg.8b4886f142a47ace20f32f2bf31ad5a2.jpg

Looks like the ballet troupe from Black Swan dropped by.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Oh no, same dress desaster... :o

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Looks like the ballet troupe from Black Swan dropped by.

Yeah, the theme actually was "Black Swan". The venue was Tropicana Habana Salsa Ballroom.
The dances dressed as ballerinas were the ballroom's own dancers.

• Like 2

I am feeling tired of SL just now. I was attending a costume party and was borrowing a viking apron dress. It made me finally go ahead and make my own. Using the borrowed dress as a pattern, I made the underdress yesterday and tea dyed it. And has spent the day  hand sewing Herringbone stitches in dark green over the machine seams around wrists and neck opening. No idea if it is historical correct but it looks nice and I like these stitches, they are fast. I also finished a headdress after the Jorvik woman hood. Going to finish cutting the apron dress, machine sew and then search high and low, I am sure there is a pack of dye in old gold somewhere. I bought it on Ebay, but where is it now? I am not so organized as I should be.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.