What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Coffee? Yes please, I'll have cappuccino. :)
Mmm.. looks nice, but.. :/
• no drinking animations
• which doesn't matter so much as I cannot hold the cup :P
2018-03-09_coffee.thumb.jpg.f0c8beac4871ada1c5d106322c99af99.jpg

- In some places they have drinking animations, but you cannot hold the cup.
- In better places they have drinking animations, and you can hold the cup.
- In the best places they have drinking animations, and you can hold the cup properly with your cool bento fingers.
- In the very best places they have drinking animations, and you can hold the cup properly with your cool bento fingers, and the cup touches your lips when drinking. WOW!

The twerking gif is too big to upload, but it’s at the link.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/V0y466L

6D2DB6C3-5369-43CE-8998-629B1145AFC6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

- In some places they have drinking animations, but you cannot hold the cup.
- In better places they have drinking animations, and you can hold the cup.
- In the best places they have drinking animations, and you can hold the cup properly with your cool bento fingers.
- In the very best places they have drinking animations, and you can hold the cup properly with your cool bento fingers, and the cup touches your lips when drinking. WOW!

Beats that one where you throw your head back, open your mouth and pour the drink in your eyes.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

So my alt finally made it into the Skin Fair on the 4th attempt this morning! :D

And promptly got ejected for having 53k complexity :(

eff that... seriously....I know better than to wear half my wardrobe when going to a fair but... just to grab some gifts and MAYBE demos of things I only hardly almost might like they can stuff taht sh... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight there.... WAAAAY too irritated today as it is.... pffft.... cba to do eff all today so... dunno I might work on some of my journals or watch TV or just relog and hangout in world.... 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

I know better than to wear half my wardrobe when going to a fair

I didn't think to check as I rarely have outfits with high complexity (not sure if I've ever reached 100k) - anyway, I detached her hair and complexity dropped to 15k!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LexxiXhan said:

I didn't think to check as I rarely have outfits with high complexity (not sure if I've ever reached 100k) - anyway, I detached her hair and complexity dropped to 15k!!

Bald is beautiful, if anyone asks just tell them you donated your hair to Locks of Love (wigs for cancer patients).

• Like 1

Well, my alt made it in and got her bargain-price Valentina body! But hardly anything else is rezzing in the sim - I may have to get out of there and go back near the end of the event to look for gifts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Well, my alt made it in and got her bargain-price Valentina body! But hardly anything else is rezzing in the sim - I may have to get out of there and go back near the end of the event to look for gifts.

Clover mentioned that there weren't really any gifts this time around, though one of her pictures does mention some eyes that someone has for L$1 there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Clover mentioned that there weren't really any gifts this time around, though one of her pictures does mention some eyes that someone has for L$1 there.

Yeah, I managed to get in on my main account a while ago - I got most of the way around the north sim before I decided I'd seen enough and TP'd out...

There's lots there for any Catwa wearers though (*edit - to buy, that is, not gifts.)

Edited by LexxiXhan
  • Like 1

Logged on at my home, and was amazed at the view out the window. (btw, if I have the draw distance set high I can see the other shore from here, one case where a low draw distance is a good thing)

3.11b_002.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

So my alt finally made it into the Skin Fair on the 4th attempt this morning! :D

Wow, I think I am doing good when I am below 100K, not that i go that far above that normally

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2018 at 1:11 AM, LexxiXhan said:

Interesting...

OK... Having recently written a script monitor that also measure "complexity" I have an opinion on this...

See... there's actually no way for a script to measure complexity.

I can measure ARC...

Complexity replaced ARC...

Because ARC is bunk.

(bunk is fake drugs sold as the real thing to fools... so this is actually just about the right word here...)

https://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2017/12/21/almost-done-wip-script-lag-monitor/

Arc…

This is the old metric that was used before ‘Avatar Complexity’. There actually two versions of ARC in SL, and one was total junk, the second one was almost good, but not really good. I have no idea which one SL’s code reports – but neither is the current system.

However SL code has no way that I could find to get ‘Avatar Complexity’, and again a lot of meters report this value. While it is not accurate, it IS still useful to see in terms of sort order… the higher someone is on, the more laggy they “probably are” to those around them – in terms of more stuff to have to deal with when that person is around you… but it’s hard to say at what point is there an issue… and with modern graphics some people might be easier to ‘render’ (see) who have higher numbers than others… So Arc is only “sometimes useful”. We definitely do NOT want to sort the list based on, nor take action or warn people based on values in it.

If we had ‘Avatar Complexity’ that wold be different – it is possibly even more useful than Script Time for telling you if someone around you will cause you ‘lag’ (as in “slow your SL down” – you people who want technical definitions of the word lag can stuff it).

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetObjectDetails --> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OBJECT_RENDER_WEIGHT --> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Avatar_Rendering_Cost

TL:DR: Bunk. This crack is wack.

I really wish we could script up something to monitor Avatar Complexity and use it to alert people... and if we could I would advise against warning for as low as 53k... but we can't.

On 11/03/2018 at 10:11 AM, LexxiXhan said:

It was in an announcement in one of the groups (don't know which one it was, maybe Epiphany) that for the first week, they have a 50k complexity limit.

On 3/11/2018 at 4:20 AM, Akasha Sternberg said:

eff that... seriously....I know better than to wear half my wardrobe when going to a fair but..

I saw someone, at a fair, that had over 250k complexity.  It was insane.  Like why do that to you and everyone around you? :P  

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.