What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I'm at Abranimations, buying some new (to me) dances. Some of the things I am finding are definitely not me. lol

I find dances the hardest thing to shop for.  I can never decide whether to go with what me the person would like, or what might be fun and different for Moira the avi :)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

This is not what I was doing today, but what I was doing five years ago...

596849c89fea8_MaddyGropesTommy.thumb.jpg.25a7527d9128557dc6e617409065e42b.jpg

That's Tommy Linden, and I'm about to grab his ass.

I like your pocket watch. All the little details people add to their avatars is one thing I really like discovering. Another, of course, has always been just chatting, and learning who they are.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I find dances the hardest thing to shop for.  I can never decide whether to go with what me the person would like, or what might be fun and different for Moira the avi :)

I like creating a library of both. I like building a collection that I can make different series out of, like sequences I can put together on the fly, doing my best to fit the mood of the music.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I like your pocket watch. All the little details people add to their avatars is one thing I really like discovering. Another, of course, has always been just chatting, and learning who they are.

Thank you!

Here's the story of the pocket watch, and a few other details...

I also wear mismatched earrings. Snugs wears the mates. My eyeglass lenses are very slightly rose tinted, Snugs' are clear.

I too like the little details, and the stories behind them.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I like creating a library of both. I like building a collection that I can make different series out of, like sequences I can put together on the fly, doing my best to fit the mood of the music.

That sounds like a wise way to go.  I've just moved the few dances I have that I liked into the FS built-in AO, so if I get more and can get them organized well, I might be able to take advantage of being able to create custom sequences in a fairly easy manner.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

That sounds like a wise way to go.  I've just moved the few dances I have that I liked into the FS built-in AO, so if I get more and can get them organized well, I might be able to take advantage of being able to create custom sequences in a fairly easy manner.

Do you know if there is a character count limit for the FS built-in AO animation names?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Do you know if there is a character count limit for the FS built-in AO animation names?

No, I don't know.  The longest anim name I have in mine right now is 40 characters.  I did have to make the pop-up window wider to see all of the name.  When it's not widened, the full name does display when I mouse-over the line in the pop-up window. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I've just moved the few dances I have that I liked into the FS built-in AO

6 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Related - Does anyone know if there is a limit to the actual number of animations put in the FS AO?  i.e. At some specific point, will the viewer have memory or performance issues due to too many animations in there?  I've been considering creating a new notecard set just for dances and another new set for picture pose animations.

Hmmm - Maybe I should put that question in one of the Answers or other forums - or even ask it inworld to the FS group (wow, what a concept). 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, ForrestChild said:

I hadn't been for quite a while. So I decided to wander round Bay City for a while

Snapshot_042.thumb.jpg.2a60657e1b71148e2d7d3c293969105b.jpg

I like Bay City.  I was over there for awhile the last 2 evenings.  I found a few places that were new since the last time I was over there.  I still have a little house there, though my main house is out in the country on the Atoll. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I like Bay City.  I was over there for awhile the last 2 evenings.  I found a few places that were new since the last time I was over there.  I still have a little house there, though my main house is out in the country on the Atoll. 

I had my first home in Central Shermerville just across the Barcola Sound. But moved to a private sim, when I decided I needed something bigger.

Edited by ForrestChild
removed a word
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Rocky! the Vulgar squirrel!  xD

I love the writing on Rocky and Bullwinkle / Fractured Fairy Tales. It's irreverent and works for both children and adults. We got a reel of cartoons for our projector when I was a kid and Rocky and Bullwinkle were on it, but we couldn't play the sound, so we dubbed in our own dialog. I was shocked to actually hear the characters for the first time at a Rocky and Bullwinkle film fest while in college. They didn't sound at all like my family, but the humor was just as satirical.

One episode at the film festival had Bullwinkle introducing a bunch of his relatives who'd come down from Canada for a visit. The introductions were purposely contorted to obfuscate the organization of the Moose family tree. If I worked it out correctly, one dim little moose, who had a monobrow, was the result of an incestuous relationship.

In an episode of Fractured Fairy Tales, a handsome prince (who looks suspiciously like Walt Disney), rather than waking Sleeping Beauty from her spell with a kiss, sells tickets for people to see her in perpetual slumber. I like the silliness of children and love the silliness of adults.

• Like 4

Once upon a time I bought some hair by Wasabi Pills. There were a couple styles that I liked. Is it just me? Or did they not really have a lot of hair on offer? Because holy cats! I just went to the store and it was packed with a lot of really nice styles. I found four new ones that I really liked. I'm wearing one here.

I'm getting ready to go listen to a friend DJ.

Iva_New_WP.jpg.2d62be73dd9ff882c7bf1a61a1cc3633.jpg

Hair: Wasabi Pills, Pepper,  Rouge

Glasses: Steinwerk, Etienne

Tattoo by me

Top: Rebel Hope, Kellie

Skirt: Just Because, Samantha

Boots (again): Lassitude and Ennui, Jolenta

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.