Sign in to follow this  
Lexie Linden

New Board!

I think this is the public version of a combo of the LBGTI and 'Mature' forums that was discussed at yesterday's Community Tools User Group meeting.

Venus Petrov wrote:

I think this is the public version of a combo of the LBGTI and 'Mature' forums that was discussed at yesterday's Community Tools User Group meeting.

Correct Venus.  The board is public and G rated, abides by the guidelines and all of that of course too  :)

Lexie Linden wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Correct Venus.  The board is public and G rated, abides by the gudelines and all of that of course too 
:)

Hmm, tries to figure out which *guideline* my OP to this new forum 'violated'?

It was SL related. It was G rated.  It was about relationships.   

To judge from the current content in this forum, I think it should be renamed the "OPs by Scylla Rhiadra (and Ann Otoole) Forum."

Colour ME surprised!

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Have some patience, Lexie and the team are trying their best here.

^^^^ This

I actually think this has potential to cover all the bases ...Will wait to see how it is used before knowing for sure, but like Marigold said, people don`t like being pigeon-holed & we all have "Identities and Relationships" so no reason one board shouldn`t cover everyone...Afterall we are equally messed up on the inside hehe :D

Wow, mark me down as impressed. This seems a logical solution (which some think LL is incapable of). A forum where everyone can participate, it's not hidden, you don't have to be age verified and doesn't single anyone out. Way to go!

But, let me tell you, the name... Identity and Relationships... meh. I could live with it, but how about something catchier like Lifestyles and Relationships. Means the same thing really... it just sounds better. Just a thought.

Thanks... Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Wow, mark me down as impressed. This seems a logical solution (which some think LL is incapable of). A forum where everyone can participate, it's not hidden, you don't have to be age verified and doesn't single anyone out. Way to go!

/me pens his name on that "Thank You" card too. Very reasonable solution to what is (and has been) a very sticky proposition.

What sort of relationships should we be discussing here rather than elsewhere?  I mean, friendship is obviously a relationship, and that's got its own sub-forum.   And lots of people explore identity and relationships through role-play, which also has its own sub-forum.  

Do you mean -- as one might infer from the threads that have been so far moved here -- that this particular sub-forum is for discussions of sexual identity and same-sex relationships?   Or are those topics equally appropriately discussed elsewhere too?

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

But, let me tell you, the name...
Identity and Relationships
... meh. I could live with it, but how about something catchier like
Lifestyles and Relationships
. Means the same thing really... it just sounds better. Just a thought.

Thanks... Dres

Dresden, that might be a good topic for the UG meeting this coming week?

Whatever it gets named in the end, this is a much needed addition, so thank you! There's a huge portion of peoples second lives that deals only and specifically with the human side of the equation, and all the previous iterations of the forums here will show that these things, whether for sharing, discussion, or asking advice, are what people want to talk about. It's one of those things that's very difficult to learn other viewpoints or gain insight into unless it's actually an allowed topic of discussion. The very nature of it is why this addition helps a lot, but also why the G rating hurts it's usefulness so much. We shall see..

Lexie Linden wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

But, let me tell you, the name...
Identity and Relationships
... meh. I could live with it, but how about something catchier like
Lifestyles and Relationships
. Means the same thing really... it just sounds better. Just a thought.

Thanks... Dres

Dresden, that might be a good topic for the UG meeting this coming week?

Yes.   Excellent idea.  (I work in RL on the UG meeting days...but I vote for that as a topic...and hopefully someone can be there as my proxy.... : )

Mega Kudos to Dresden for thinking of such a fantabulous name!   Lifestyles and Relationships...sounds great. 

Also, many thanks to the Lab's forum team for being so responsive. 

/me puts on his tinfoil hat ...

In keeping with a pattern I have noticed over the last two years .. my biggest fear now is .. How long before Lexie and Amanda are "vanished" and the excellent service their team have been providing stops?

Rather than cite all the examples that have led me to this theory, I'll just say .. I sure as heck hope I'm wrong!

Lexie Linden wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Correct Venus.  The board is public and G rated, abides by the guidelines and all of that of course too 
:)

So where are the non-public mature ones?

Wow this is  just  perfect Lexie and fast too!!   I  like  the name  Dresden suggested best  but i can live with this and  be happy too!!

Yayyy  for you!!!!!   :smileyvery-happy: 

Cool, I added it. The strange thing is, I woke up this morning (actually afternoon... don't ask... lol) and went to the LGBTI thread to post a suggestion I thought of last night for a "Lifestyles" forum and much to my surprise you guys had already created one, just by a different name.

Again, thanks... Dres