make muscular Avatar

855MrZilla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Up I would like to know. If I could get some help. I type in the search box. Make a muscular Avatar. OK, I brought me to another website. Is fine? It is a 3rd party website. There has been some problems in the past that website coz I had some issues security issues. So I'm alone nervous about going into that website. Are you guys 100% sure that I'm not gonna get a virus from that website? Cause that's not your website right correct. So someone could get back to me coz I would like to know. How to make a muscular avatar? And I tried looking it up and it sounds better that website and there's nothing there about muscular avatar body. OK, thank you want a blast. 

8 answers to this question

Most of the muscles you see are actually the TEXTURES on the skin layer that goes over the shape of your avatar. There is actually no real way to make defined muscles in the classic avatar. Some of the male bodies have slight more defined musculature but again, textures. Tellaq has a lot of muscle guys both classic and mesh (the mesh ones apparently don't all work well with clothes you would by somewhere else; at least that is what I heard).  Likely there are many others. Looking through the Markeplace skin listings might give you a direction to explore. 

And yes, this is an official SL forum. 

Your best bet will be a mesh body and a defined skin applier.

Which body depends how muscled you wish to be. One popular solution is the Aesthetic Mesh body. It's rather heavily muscled, reminds me of Tom of Finland cartoons (I'd not advise anyone googling that unless you want an eyeful of naked men with oversized Aeros-like attachments)

Under that, and more realistic muscles can be found on the Adam and Signature Giani mesh bodies.

Under that comes, and toned in appearance is the Belleza Jake and obsolete (but free, if you are happy staying naked) TMP

Then the Slink, which is ideal for people who want to look real, rather than muscled.

I do a lot of drawing. Of fancy artwork. Of muscular women. I wanna take my work. And bring it into. secondlife I make my own store. Just trying to figure out how to do certain things, and I'm running into a wall. So I wanted to get some help so maybe this will explain it a little better. 

Hello, make things for the system avatar isn´t quite popular.

You have to research/google about "Second Life Mesh" and then "apply skins to mesh avatars". If you cannot use 3D software like Blender to make your own mesh avatar it´s hard to find one you could apply a -drawn texture- = skin without further knowledge about UV-Maps and stuff.

Anyway now you have some words to google to get an idea about SL avatars. There are great videos on YT too explaining the old style system avatars and the mesh thingies.

Monti

Mr. Zilla,

Congratulations on your ambition to create content for Second Life!

As you might gather from previous responses, the muscularity, or lack of it, in avatars comes from two things.

The first is the skin.  Skin is a texture that is wrapped onto the classic avatar body, or applied to a mesh replacement body with an "applier", a small HUD that is available from mesh body creators as part of their developer kits.  Skin is shaded to provide the illusion of fine muscle definition.

Then there are mesh replacement bodies.  The classic avatar body is completely hidden with an "alpha mask" texture layer, and then the replacement body is worn as an attachment.  Mesh bodies are created by modeling them in a 3D modeling program like Blender or Maya, then uploaded to SL as a Collada (.DAE) file.  Mesh bodies are also scripted, to allow adjustment of which parts are to be made transparent under clothing, and come with a special HUD to adjust their appearance.  You can get a good overview of the mesh body part replacement industry at http://www.meshbodyaddicts.com 

• Like 1

I think I may have made some errors. In my spelling of the words. But I was trying to say. And I do apologize very much sorry about that. So hopefully this one will be more clearer.///

I take a drawing of mine.  
the artwork. Hyper masculine. Women.
Then I put it in my digital program. OK. 
To work on the colors. And any other minor flaws in the drawer OK. 
That's what I'm talking about. 
I'm trying to go nice and slow to explain. 
Once I'm done doing that. I would like to. 
Bring him into blender. Work on them a little more. 
Make sure they look good. 
I wanna be able to upload those things. 
To sell it in my store. sl OK, 
for me to make the money that's why I'm trying to do. 
So .
I'm sorry that I've made a mistake in writing the article.
 I hope this will explain. Everything I'm trying to do. 

@855MrZilla You are starting into a rather complex field. Second Life adds some complications. But, there are a load of website and video tutorials for creating things in SL. Go to Google, Vimeo, and YouTube and start searching. You want tutorials made within the last 2 to 3 years, 2013 and newer. The newer the better.

All games are similar. There are some differences. But, everyone basically does the same thing. SL is no exception. But, not all games provide for for all the possibilities and some, like SL, do some of those things in unique ways. But, knowing the basics of 3D character modeling makes learning SL modeling easier.

For Blender you can reduce your learning curve by purchasing AvaStar. It will handle a number of Blender to SL gotcha's. Or you can fight through the problems without it. It is possible. AvaStar has tutorials on Vimeo and Youtube as well as their site. They also have retail classes you can purchase.

In 2012 and 2013 I was doing pur Blender tutorials. You can find that information here: http://blog.nalates.net/the-stuff/tutorials-index-clothes/ At that time we were moving from Classic to Liquid and on to Fitted... It needs updating and I do have newer tutorials. Click Categories and Tags to find the newer ones.

You need to learn about the PREVIEW grid, ADITI. You can upload and test stuff their for free. Slnk has made a tool for testing Applier textures, skins and clothes, without having to upload them into SL. So, you can test in the main grid without uploading. Look in the wiki.

The SL Wiki has resources. They are getting out of date. But, they provide a good understanding of the SL system and they are still good for Classic avatars.

This forum has a large amount of technical detail about building with mesh for SL. I recommend searching for Drongle McMahon and ChinRey and subjects like Lod Draw Distance and Texture sizes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.