Billing info refuses to update.

Jenie Yoshikawa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not sure what's going on.

I'm trying to update my billing information, but it refuses to update.

I deleted the old card i had on file, and put in the information on the new card i have now, and it's just not updating.

Does it take awhile?

I'm not sure what's going on.

When i enter my information, the web page goes blank and does nothing.

And when i check my bank account, it said a dollar was pulled or something.

But then the dollar will vanished going back into my account.. but my information still refuses to update.

Am i doing something wrong?

Is there something wrong with the system?

By "cash option" I mean that I paid at one of the available local stores where I live. I tried to buy L$ at Market Buy but it won't let me because the transaction isn't done. 

I get this when I try to choose Skrill as my payment method: "Your available balance is insufficient. Please upload funds using the Upload section of your account" (that's what I did. Then I paid at the store). 

* I used the "chat/invoice" option on the image. 

skrill.jpg

1 hour ago, Flinn236 said:

Ok, I figured it out myself... For those who need/want to use PaySafeCard, Bitcoin or Neteller and faster payment methods WITHOUT a credit card or bank account, the choice is Skrill. You create a Skrill account and then you'll be able to use those methods to make your transactions. 9_9

I have one more question though: how long can a transaction take? I made the payment more than an hour ago (cash option) and my balance is 0. Same with Skrill account, nothing happened yet. Just asking. It's the first time I do this and I have my fingers crossed lol.

Thanks.

PayPal accounts have to be 'verified' and I'm guessing that the Skrill acccounts might need that also.  Check the Skrill website to see about getting the account verified.  Otherwise, LL won't be able to actually use the payment method.  If you check your dashboard, the Billing info page, it will probably tell you something similar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flinn236 said:

By "cash option" I mean that I paid at one of the available local stores where I live. I tried to buy L$ at Market Buy but it won't let me because the transaction isn't done. 

I get this when I try to choose Skrill as my payment method: "Your available balance is insufficient. Please upload funds using the Upload section of your account" (that's what I did. Then I paid at the store). 

* I used the "chat/invoice" option on the image. 

skrill.jpg

So does your Skrill account now show an actual balance?  If not, then something is going on on their side.  If it does and you still can't use it, see my previous post about 'verifying' the Skrill account.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flinn236 said:

Takes that long to verify? I meant the transaction though. I guess I'll need to be patient......

Once the Skrill account is verified and has money, the transactions should go through almost instantly - assuming you do a Market Buy, rather than a Limit Buy.

2 minutes ago, Flinn236 said:

Takes that long to verify? I meant the transaction though. I guess I'll need to be patient......

A simple LindeX purchase with Market Buy should be instantaneous. It sounds like your problems are upstream from there -- getting your Skrill account set up, funded, and verified so that Linden Lab will accept it as a payment method.  Until the account is verified and registered in Linden Lab, you can't make a L$ purchase.

I'm having the same problem. today, I tried twice to buy $L , and twice a message saying my purchase was rejected. I was advised to delete my payment method ,and reload it. It wouldn't let me reload it. Then I come to find Linden Labs no longer accepts debit cards. I've been using this same debit card since I joined SL 2 1/2 years, ago, and now they have the nerve to tell me my payment method isn't good enough for them. I'm VERYVERYVERY extremely unhappy about this. I'm considering quitting SL, if my money isn't good enough for them anymore.

BS! Rolig Loon,you're wrong when you say "under the current system, you can continue using a card that was already acceptable before, but if it expires and needs to be updated, you fall under the stricter rules". I know from first hand experience that it's not true. I tried twice the other day to buy $L, and twice my purchase was rejected, on the same debit card I've used from the beginning. They are being a lot of jerks. It's wrong the way they are treating loyal members on this matter. I have used my debit card all this time, have always had enough funds on it to pay for my $L purchases.  It has nothing to do with "and it's nothing personal", as you said. That's a cop-out, and you know it. I don't agree with this policy, and you can bet I'm not the only one. Linden Labs could easily verify whether or not there is enough money on a member's debit to pay for a purchase in seconds, before adding the $L. Again, they are being jerks, and it's just wrong. I currently have only 1940 $L. It's a good thing my rent is cheap. I suppose when that 1940 $L runs out, I'm out on the streets, or SL will just lose a member. You just wait. They are going to lose a lot of members and a lot of revenue over this. You mark my words.

Edited by RomyLovey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.