Problem with catwa bento head layers

Baracu Exonar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

i have problems with my bento head layers (neck tattoo, hairbase and beard) and i hope im right here.

1C8rxfJ.jpg

Beard and neck tattoo are on the same layer and the hairbase not.

Hairbase and neck tattoo works but if i add the beard the neck tattoo lose some parts as you can see on the picture.

How can i fix this?

Thank you

Baracu

Did you try changing the blend mode on the beard or the hairbase? Generally that will fix layers that are conflicting with each other. As a secondary option you also can place your hairbase on either a lower or upper layer. Try both of those out.

I suspect you're running into the good old alpha glitch, but there's a couple more things you can try:

1. Check the blend slider for both upper and lower blush layers. Often, things like beards go up into the blush layer as well.

2. Save both the hairbase and beard to slots on your Catwa Master HUD, then apply them that way. This can occasionally get past those issues.

If neither of those will fix it, search for and join the Catwa Head Friends group inworld and ask your question there, including a link to a screenshot. They're an incredibly helpful group and will do everything they can to sort out any problems you're having.

• Like 1

I love my Catwa head, but, the biggest help would be if it had a rerouting ability on its HUD, like another popular head that won't be named does, so you can choose which layers you want to apply things to so you don't have to apply blush to the blush layer you can apply it using a hair base layer if you want or an eye shadow layer, etc.  Or make the makeup layers separate mesh pieces like yet another popular head does and you can simply stack your mesh layers on top of one another. Upper and lower is ok, but, it really doesn't give enough options.  There needs to be a way to add multiple layers on every layer, like 4 blushes, 4 eye shadow, etc.  I can't wear my eye crease, eye liner, eye shadow and cute little eye gems because there simply are not enough layers.

As far as looks go I feel rather limited on what I can do to make myself look the way I truly want, but, I love the skin applier I have with my Catwa head and the lollipop ability so, for now I haven't gone back to my other head(s), but, most likely will eventually if the layer issue doesn't change.

• 6 months later...

this may not be the place for this, but i have been having issues with the layers for makeup with my Catwa Catya bento head. even after clearing all the layers on the head that i can think of, i still have these harsh lines....if i slide the blend slider to the right, the color/makeup fades till it's pointless to even wear it. I have tried asking in the catwa friends group but none of the suggestions i have received have worked.  Please help

Weirdly Harsh Eyeshadow lines_001.jpg

41 minutes ago, Indaliai said:

this may not be the place for this, but i have been having issues with the layers for makeup with my Catwa Catya bento head. even after clearing all the layers on the head that i can think of, i still have these harsh lines....if i slide the blend slider to the right, the color/makeup fades till it's pointless to even wear it. I have tried asking in the catwa friends group but none of the suggestions i have received have worked.  Please help

Weirdly Harsh Eyeshadow lines_001.jpg

Is because the make up is meant to been i applied also in the brows and in the blush in order to look "complete" if that makes sense, it happened to me before and it was because i wasn't applying the blush and brows, check it and see ^^

15 hours ago, Indaliai said:

I'm surprised the Catwa Head Friends group couldn't help. This is one of the simplest issues to fix, and every regular in the group would know to offer that fix. Basically, your eyeshadow needs to apply to both eyes and brows, and right now it's only applying to the eyes. This is usually because you're using applier brows, which are removing the eyeshadow that goes onto the brow section of the HUD. Assuming that is the cause here, the fix is as follows:

Go to the free gift room in either of the Catwa stores, wear your group tag, and pick up the Bento Extra Save Slots HUD pack. Once unpacked, wear the Bento Brows/Eyeshadow HUD. Clear all makeup from your face, and add the eyeshadow from its original HUD. (If you're wearing applier brows, it will remove them.) Once it's on, click the two black Save buttons on the brows/eyeshadow HUD that are 'paired'. The eyeshadow should show in both the upper and lower boxes, like this:

catwa_eye_brow_hud.png.1ee75207fcb457bce20c1266c8cdb455.png

Clear your makeup again, re-apply your brows, then check the 'upper' box on the brows/eyeshadow HUD, and click the saved colours on that HUD.

In short: Catwa Bento heads have both an upper and lower layer. All appliers will - by default - go on the lower layer, and will remove anything else that is already applied to that layer (eg: when you re-apply your brows it will remove the brow area makeup). To get around this, save the makeup to one of those HUDs, apply the brows as normal, then check the 'upper' section on the HUD and apply from the save slots on that HUD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you, Skell, for your post. I want SO badly for your solution to resolve this unsolvable issue. I got to the point where I cleared makeup, applied eyebrows, clicked the "upper" box, and tried to save the brows to the HUD. No dice. The eyeshadow saved. The brows won't save. Help!

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 3.01.07 AM.png

23 minutes ago, Soul Tripp said:

Thank you, Skell, for your post. I want SO badly for your solution to resolve this unsolvable issue. I got to the point where I cleared makeup, applied eyebrows, clicked the "upper" box, and tried to save the brows to the HUD. No dice. The eyeshadow saved. The brows won't save. Help!

If your head isn't the 4.0 updated version then you must ensure that 'lower' is checked when you try to save to the Master HUD. 'Upper' should only be checked when applying from the Master HUD. In the 4.0 updates I noticed that I could save to the Master HUD no matter whether upper or lower was checked, so if you've not updated yet it's worth doing so.

Well, I'm celebrating Skell's solution to the eyeshadow/eyebrow conflict. It worked! Thank you, Skell!!

Ready for the problem that followed? I don't think this one can be fixed... the eyelash alpha is having a party and didn't invite some of the other eye makeup.  *sigh*  I would love for there to be hope with this one:

82ad1b0b073c743fc91511560ea9a352.png

It MOVES with every blink of the lashes. See it? Cute, right? 

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone. I have a similar problem: my avatar mesh is Catwa head Stanley, Gianni Signature Body, Chef de Pleu as skin. I bought the following hairbase:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/WN-HAIRBASE-V11-CROP-CIRCLES/7515097

Either I try to wear it or add it to my avatar is not visible and he looks bald. Anyone can help me? Thank you very much.

You are really posting a negative one-star review on the item, paired with a request for help because you don't know how to handle the product? 😑
That's pretty nasty. 

Switch on BOM on your head, use the BOM version of your skin and wear the "Tintable layer for classic avatar head". Otherwise, you won't get that hairbase to show at all, since it wasn't made for Catwa, as the item is made of the classic TMP stuff.

59 minutes ago, tuxedopink Aabye said:

Hello everyone. I have a similar problem: my avatar mesh is Catwa head Stanley, Gianni Signature Body, Chef de Pleu as skin. I bought the following hairbase:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/WN-HAIRBASE-V11-CROP-CIRCLES/7515097

Either I try to wear it or add it to my avatar is not visible and he looks bald. Anyone can help me? Thank you very much.

Please don't post a one-star review on the Marketplace just to ask for help. That is not what reviews are for. The item clearly states the following:

8 shades include: Blond, Black, Chestnut, White, Gray, Red, Light & Dark Brown
1 Tintable layer for classic avatar head.
TMP Applier include with 8 Colors Hair.

The TMP Applier is for a completely different brand of head than the one you own.

The 'tintable layer' is a system tattoo layer, for which you will need to enable BoM (Bakes on Mesh) on your head. You will also need a BoM version of your Clef de Peau skin, so that you can wear it underneath that tintable system tattoo. That's your only option with that hairbase.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.