i cant log in. what should i do . help me

mriix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, mriix said:

i live in iran but i have high-speed internet.

The speed of your connection is probably more than adequate.  SL does not require very much bandwidth.  Connection problems are more often due to poor reliability.  There are two specific concerns.  One is data corruption or packet loss.  Many of SL's basic functions are handled by UDP, which does not have the data correction capability that HTTP does.  As a result, if more than a fraction of a percent of your data are corrupted in transmission, the connection will fail.  My own packet loss is never higher than 0.1%. 

The other major concern is ping time -- that is, the amount of time that it takes for a signal to travel between your computer and Linden Lab's servers in California.  Second Life depends on maintaining a continuous data stream, so if your computer and the servers are out of sync, the system will drop your connection. Here in North America, my own ping time to the Linden Lab servers is typically 60 to 70 msec. Typically, when ping time is greater than about 150 msec, you will start to experience lag and some difficulty teleporting and rezzing objects.  If ping time is more than 200- 300 msec, you will have difficulty connecting or may be logged out.  Iran is far enough from California already that I suspect you normally have a long ping time. There is nothing that you can do about physical distance, but there may be Internet nodes in Iran that are delaying the signal more than usual.  Check with your ISP.

If you do manage to log in, you can examine your own packet loss and ping time statistics by opening the Statistics Bar (CTRL + Shift + 1) in your viewer.

• Like 1

i logged in but cant come to the game

and after a few minutes this message show me:

" log in failed.

despite our best efforts , something unexpected has gone wrong.

please check https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

to see if there is known problem with the services.

if you continue to experience problems , please check your network and firewall setup"

i went to that site but that cant help me.

So, did you check your network and firewall setup, as directed?  When you have a connection problem, the first suspect should always be your own router or modem.  Reboot both of them by unplugging them from the power for a few minutes.  Then restart your computer.  Also, if you have been using a wireless Internet connection, replace it with a direct cable or DSL connection.  Many people has no trouble at all with wifi, but it has a higher risk of data corruption or loss.  Wifi is neither recommended nor supported by Linden Lab.

10 minutes ago, mriix said:

i use wireless network connection and last night i dont have any problems with it.

Well, maybe you have a problem with it now.  It can't hurt to use a cable or DSL connection at least temporarily, to see if that solves the problem. Wireless is a comparatively weak connection option.

Have you tried logging in to a different region?  Have you tried using a different viewer?  Can your alt log in?  Can you log in on a different computer, or if you move that computer to a different place?  Have you recently updated anti-virus software or made another system upgrade?

i live in iran but i have high-speed internet.

i upgraded my windows today but i think i dont update my antivirus

i will log in again or move my computer to a different place to see what if.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.