How do I change my avatar?

BradyBunchFan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

Yes, it's easy. To pick one of the pre-clothed avatars, it depends on your viewer program, but in Firestorm it's in the menu, Avatar -> Choose an avatar. Of course, you can then customise your avatar to your heart's content, changing its shape, skin, clothes, etc.

• Like 1

You can also pull up your inventory and go to the Library and start trying on the different things you find.  Via the libary, you can even mix and match the various components of avatars - use a shape from one, a skin from another, clothing from a few - and then customize the shape a bit.  That will give you something somewhat unique to start with.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can also pull up your inventory and go to the Library and start trying on the different things you find.  Via the libary, you can even mix and match the various components of avatars - use a shape from one, a skin from another, clothing from a few - and then customize the shape a bit.  That will give you something somewhat unique to start with.

10 hours ago, angeoco said:

Yes, it's easy. To pick one of the pre-clothed avatars, it depends on your viewer program, but in Firestorm it's in the menu, Avatar -> Choose an avatar. Of course, you can then customise your avatar to your heart's content, changing its shape, skin, clothes, etc.

Thanks. I'm still new to Second Life, so that's why I wanted to ask.

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For some reason, you can't actually do this anymore. For those avatars, you have to change your avatar first, then copy the non-library items to whatever outfit you want. I'm not sure when it changed.

38 minutes ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

For some reason, you can't actually do this anymore. For those avatars, you have to change your avatar first, then copy the non-library items to whatever outfit you want. I'm not sure when it changed.

WTF - Leave it to LL to complicate things.

• Like 3

On 6/4/2017 at 4:58 AM, BradyBunchFan said:

Is there a way that I can change my avatar? Like say, changing it to Classic from a Vampire?

Look through some recent beginner tutorials for SL. I suggest those made after 2013. The addition of mesh clothes and bodies has changed things a lot. 

From the video tutorials you'll pick up lots of tiny bits we forget to include in written explanation. Seeing how people with lots of experience use use their viewer can be a big help.

See: http://blog.nalates.net/2016/09/02/second-life-introductionbeginner-tutorials/

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 7:23 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

WTF - Leave it to LL to complicate things.

19 hours ago, BradyBunchFan said:

Do you mean Linden Labs?

19 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

No, Linden Lab.  There's no "s".  :)

Of course, she might have meant Lois Lane .....  B|

Lois did often manage to complicate things.

• Like 5

On 6/6/2017 at 1:20 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Look through some recent beginner tutorials for SL. I suggest those made after 2013. The addition of mesh clothes and bodies has changed things a lot. 

From the video tutorials you'll pick up lots of tiny bits we forget to include in written explanation. Seeing how people with lots of experience use use their viewer can be a big help.

See: http://blog.nalates.net/2016/09/02/second-life-introductionbeginner-tutorials/

So if I look through some recent beginner tutorials, that will help?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.