No Inventory

ImShayla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

You could try installing a different viewer to see if it is there. You "can" put in a support ticket but I am guessing they will just send you to that wiki page.

There have been some major inventory losses reported lately. If you have gone through all the steps in the wiki and ALSO installed a new and different viewer (the official Linden Lab one would be good if you don't normally use that) then you can put all that in your support ticket and perhaps get thing back.  That is a very big loss so hope it is just a glitch and not a real loss. 

Good luck. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

I had Inventory loss a couple of weeks ago. I tried everything in that list and then sent in a ticket!  75% of my inventory disappeared only the name of the folders was there. That was Firestorm Viewer and in SL viewer the items were there, but my Appearance/outfits folder was empty. I could put on clothes in SLV and go to FSV and save them but they still not in my inventory there. Things like poses are lost forever (unless I stay in SLV).

LL were not much support, just 2 emails (live chat was off at that time) then I read this, "If you have a Premium account, you may also submit a case to Support here. Please be aware that while we cannot generally recover lost inventory, having the details of your inventory loss can help us correlate our statistics and lead us to the root causes of inventory loss more quickly." Guess it  explains that bit.

I am busy getting re-delivers for some items where possible. I must say the stores owners are amassing. One particular (small shop) said similar thing had happened to her and she sent me EVERYTHING from her shop. 

Its been a cleansing exercise :)

Did you try a cache clear on Firestorm viewer?

Most cases of missing inventory are caused by a borked viewer cache.  If your missing items are there on the LL viewer then it's pretty certain to be a cache issue.
While on Firestorm, go to Preferences -> Network & Files -> Directories -> Click the "Clear Cache" Button & relog to a low lag region, open your inventory & wait for it to fetch?

Did that fix it?

• Like 1

@CheriColette Overloading inventory is WAY hard to do. You can, however, create a circumstance where it chokes at login and won't load.

The problem is having too many items in a single folder, usually >5,000. But, on a weak connection problems can start at lower numbers. At some point, such a choke can prevent login. Support has a tool to fix a login blocked from a flat inventory (everything in one folder...).

The idea is to use lots of folders to add depth and keep the number of items in a single folder relatively low <2,000. If you have a weak or slow connection you may want to keep the number even lower.

Otherwise, there is no limit on inventory. I have friends with nearly 100k items... I struggle with 40k...

• Like 1

@Nalates Urriah  Thanks for that insight. I did leave everything in the folders they arrived in, maybe that was the problem. And the internet had a hump that day it happened and I was struggling at the SL14B to even walk around or stop walking through walls. 

I never got to ask FS support for help. Anyway, now Im happy everything is loading faster and my inventory is empty of 'junk'. These days, if something doesnt fit or I dont really like it, it goes to trash. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.