Jump to content

Need to rent booth space - high traffic/sales


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I recently started designing mesh decor & furniture items. I have a marketplace store, but am not getting much traction. I am looking to open a booth somewhere so that I can get some exposure, but I don't want to waste L on malls that don't make good sales or have high foot traffic. However, I need to start somewhere. right now I only have about 8 or 9 items, so I don't need a ton of space. I might even be willing to sell in another store, giving commission to the store owner in lieu of rent - or rent... whichever works. I'm constantly working on new projects to increase my inventory of items. I'm not sure if it is ok to link to my MP or Advertise it by name here in the forums... if anyone knows, please let me know so I can link it to let people check out my wares to consider me.

 

thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, EllieAnne Silverfall said:

I recently started designing mesh decor & furniture items. I have a marketplace store, but am not getting much traction. I am looking to open a booth somewhere so that I can get some exposure, but I don't want to waste L on malls that don't make good sales or have high foot traffic. However, I need to start somewhere. right now I only have about 8 or 9 items, so I don't need a ton of space. I might even be willing to sell in another store, giving commission to the store owner in lieu of rent - or rent... whichever works. I'm constantly working on new projects to increase my inventory of items. I'm not sure if it is ok to link to my MP or Advertise it by name here in the forums... if anyone knows, please let me know so I can link it to let people check out my wares to consider me.

 

thank you 

no you can not advertise here on the forums, those post get removed as soon a Mod is notified by a report. You are allowed to put a modest signature under your posts here, but thats all.

Malls are (nearly) dead these days, you can rent there, but don't expect a lot..  spreading your name will go a lot faster when you join sales events liks Fameshed or Shiny Shabby... just two... of many. Perhaps also wise to think about what you have to offer, only 8 or 9 items won't attrackt a lot of traffic, or only one time visitors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no you can not advertise here on the forums, those post get removed as soon a Mod is notified by a report. You are allowed to put a modest signature under your posts here, but thats all.

Malls are (nearly) dead these days, you can rent there, but don't expect a lot..  spreading your name will go a lot faster when you join sales events liks Fameshed or Shiny Shabby... just two... of many. Perhaps also wise to think about what you have to offer, only 8 or 9 items won't attrackt a lot of traffic, or only one time visitors.

I will consider the events, but I agree, I need to have more inventory before I go there. Like I said... I'm just trying to get started, somewhere. I plan on offering incentives for buyers to help get repeat customers. Unfortunately, I work full time, 6 days a week and have 2 teens - so I don't get a lot of time, otherwise I'd probably finish several projects a week.  I remember one sim that looked good for a smallish booth, but I can't remember where I found it. Ah, well...

So, if I understand you correctly, I might be able to sneak my store name and/or link into my signature?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, EllieAnne Silverfall said:

So, if I understand you correctly, I might be able to sneak my store name and/or link into my signature?

not just sneak :) it's allowed

from the forum guidelines:

  • Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.
Note: It is OK to have a signature line with a link to your Second Life profile or information about your Second Life business.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EllieAnne Silverfall said:

Malls are (nearly) dead these days, you can rent there, but don't expect a lot..  spreading your name will go a lot faster when you join sales events liks Fameshed or Shiny Shabby... just two... of many.

Sorry that is Alwin Alcott's quote above. I pasted from a wrong spot. 

 

Just a note to the OP :D. "Looking into" events isn't really up to most retailers. Venues are very difficult (sometimes almost impossible unless you are a grand networker) to get in. I have talented creator friends with businesses of many years who have been trying forever to get into some big name events. Unless you are an out of the world we haven't ever seen that before item producer *wink*, I would suggest trying to get into some minor venue and maybe some Relay for Life events which tend to let most people in so that they can contribute to the cause. 

And while I agree that malls are pretty much dead, if you can find an inexpensive place that looks pretty good, that is an important IMHO part of a Marketplace presence. Even if folks never come to your store, they may at least note that you HAVE a store and that is a bonus point. 

Don't worry about setting the world on fire. It takes time and energy and resolve. Just enjoy yourself and try to make a game out of "paying the rent". Its a good way to begin a long term business. Many folks can attest to that.

Good luck!

Edited by Chic Aeon
correction
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Don't worry about setting the world on fire. It takes time and energy and resolve. Just enjoy yourself and try to make a game out of "paying the rent". Its a good way to begin a long term business. Many folks can attest to that.

Good luck!

I'm not looking to set the world on fire just yet... just want to get my foot in the door. I need some exposure, or I'll never get customers - but I don't want to spend too much yet, until I have more wares. (and I think I got my signature line figured out - wonder if I should add a couple pics of my wares? or would that be overkill?)

Thank you for the advice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, EllieAnne Silverfall said:

(and I think I got my signature line figured out - wonder if I should add a couple pics of my wares? or would that be overkill?)
 

yes be very carefull with that.. perhaps a better idea to make a small banner with a logo and integrated image ?.. the more you add, the more risk on overdo it and get it removed.

When you add pics it's no line anymore...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are allowed two lines and one picture that can only be so big I do not remember the hight but the max width is 500 pixels, I had to reduce my marketplace banner from 700 to 500 and when I did the hight wasn't an issue. I am pretty sure if you put you product images in that picture within the size requirement you will be ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Talligurl said:

You are allowed two lines and one picture that can only be so big I do not remember the hight but the max width is 500 pixels, I had to reduce my marketplace banner from 700 to 500 and when I did the hight wasn't an issue. I am pretty sure if you put you product images in that picture within the size requirement you will be ok.

I like your signature. Hopefully mine is working now. :) Cheers for the advice!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...