Classic Back to My Avatar

Wolf Byron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to fix the problem of my avatar only being smoke.

The suggestion was to switch to a classic avatar and then back to mine.  Switch to Classic, but can't figure out how to switch back to mine.  Can anyone help with instructions?

W.

1 answer to this question

Changing to Classic for testing usually means switching to the Character Test avatars. In the top menu: Develop (Ctrl-Shift-Q to reveal or hide)->Avatar->Character Tests->[Test male/Test female]

There is nothing like a default to click to go back the other way.

When you dress your avatar you can save the appearance as an outfit. SL Outfits are a collection of everything the avatar is wearing and the HUD's you have attached. If you did not save an outfit, there is no simple way to restore your avatar. Start from scratch. Just start wearing the things that made your look.

If you did save an outfit, DO NOT WEAR IT. Open the outfit and add the items one-by-one to hopefully find the item causing the problem. Eyes, skin, and shape are the usually problems. Add/wear those first.

During this troubleshooting process is a good time to build basic outfits. I have my Classic Nude Me, which is a shape, skin, eyes, etc. and my favorite hair. I have that saved as an outfit named !!Classic Nude Me. The !! forces it to sort to the top. I have my Slink body, feet, hands, and classic head with a favorite skin and hair saved as !!Slinkv3 Nude Viola Skin. I use these to start new outfits and they are handy for troubleshooting too.

Some build their other outfits minus the basic appearance items in the nudes. It allows then to Add an outfit to different bodies. I don't. But, that's me.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.