MegaRose

My bad drawings of my worse avatars

Thanks for the words of support!  Even if I wind up not going with my dream school, I could probably just go into the local community college...but I wanna aim high.

Anyways I have a new relevant Art:

beefairywip_001.png.43cb5445a05fa509b79150c903658172.pngbeefairy.thumb.png.2d1e936b45e51d3d829da0bef8cdf464.png

The avatar is a work in progress, but I started it without knowing what I wanted for it.  And now I've sketched out roughly what I'd change with the current version.  I mostly want new leggings and wings, both of which I could probably make myself with a little learning.  Leg textures are probably not too hard, and I think with wings I just need to stick a 2d image onto a prim or something.  I don't need them to flap or anything like that.  There are paler green skins on the market I can pick up too.

• Like 6

Simple wings are easy.  Ff you want to give them a little movement, you can turn the prim into a flexi-prim with flip of a switch.  However it does take some fiddling with the setting to get them to move right without being droopy.

Here is a tutorial on how to make some super nice wings on your own.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 3

Still haven't revisited the fairy idea.  I keep getting distracted by video games and work.  But, I went to the Gothic Garage Sale and got some new boots.

andieeternity.thumb.png.112297b37e97e0226e5ed733f6627627.png

This character might not look familiar...but she's basically a revamp of one of my first avatars:

outfits_001.png.2930a758afdd897046d6f24dc178b7d8.png

I just couldn't look at that hair anymore.  So I fixed her up all fancy.

I also finished uploading and listing all my silly bunny pictures.  I'll just link the fatpack.

fatbacklisting.thumb.png.34eaeae92fe79294722c6916c39e3d81.png

• Like 7

Yesterday I spent a little time tagging and organizing some freebies I got.  There's screencaps on my Flickr, I only decided to draw one of them:

normiepoofs.png.d52c14b37c0e968f0f1e607cb4cba942.pngnormiepoof.thumb.png.b23d1f2ceb46d3a3e78be7be9421a31b.png

I should start drawing more of the outfits I find, it might make me more motivated to sort through my inventory.  Lately I've spent more focus on my webcomic, but drawing avatars is a good warmup before tackling a page.

• Like 8

I started sorting through some hairs, and turned it into a fun game where I messed around with poses and an emoter.  And then I drew them.  I gave this character bigger eyes than a realistic human could possibly have, but otherwise she's realistic enough to make a decent reference model.

normiefaces.thumb.png.a49ccdde36a4a2bf0df7f045edc648e3.png

normiefaces2.thumb.png.de4241794d2208648192aab5dc37f4af.png

After doing the basic lines I scribbled loosely in all these grays to build an illusion of artsiness, like this was concept art for something.

• Like 16

8 hours ago, MegaRose said:

I started sorting through some hairs, and turned it into a fun game where I messed around with poses and an emoter.  And then I drew them.  I gave this character bigger eyes than a realistic human could possibly have, but otherwise she's realistic enough to make a decent reference model.

normiefaces.thumb.png.a49ccdde36a4a2bf0df7f045edc648e3.png

normiefaces2.thumb.png.de4241794d2208648192aab5dc37f4af.png

After doing the basic lines I scribbled loosely in all these grays to build an illusion of artsiness, like this was concept art for something.

Oh, to have your talent.

...swoons.

• Like 4

I wound up creating a character because I had found a hair and dress that matched, and wanted to keep them together.  The end result is this girl:

juko2.png.c489baee58f84a947a02e881533128a9.pngjuko.thumb.png.09775f7b17b405b8457db714b5bd1fae.png

I haven't finalized anything for her as a character but for now I'm thinking her name is gonna be Juko.  She might become my shoe model, because I was gifted the deluxe pack for Slink feet and now I can wear shoes that don't completely cover the foot!

• Like 7

On 8/29/2017 at 6:22 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

This thread's title is very misleading.  Where are the bad drawings?  All I see are fun drawings of cute avatars.

I'm taking that as a challenge!  And since @Ivanova Shostakovich is preparing refs for a mermaid, I figured its a good time to look at some mermaid stuff I got as freebies a while back.  I'm pretty sure this predates mesh by years because it's mostly a leg texture meant to work with an AO.  I combined it with some furry parts to make a Worse Avatar:

merfox.png.680e637ad7935a1ab615dde4137609df.png

And then I made a Bad Drawing:

merlonathemerfoxhires.thumb.png.43deff3639deabce8440b8ae6c5e9c8a.png

Well I also made this, though:

merlonathemerfox.thumb.png.dffaa4a1cf14bc2b6fd99b202720de30.png

Her name is Merlona the Merfox.  Like merlot, because she's grape-colored.  She's not officially a complete avatar yet, I might go back and tweak her.  She currently has a purple wolf's tail sticking out of her butt-like region above the mermaid tail, but it's clustered with a bunch of fins so I might need to simplify.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

I found a place selling fatpacks of old hairs for like 50L and got one.  It's unrigged, so I was hoping I could angle it right for a furry head.  No luck, but I got close:

christiananewhair.png.25bc1368ed864c57fab23c407a042d3e.pngchristiananewhair2.thumb.png.785662d2170c70a9d27f5f450e0d708e.png

This hair will still look good on a human avatar (or maybe on a Kemono) so I'm still happy with it.

• Like 7

On 8/31/2017 at 8:49 PM, MegaRose said:

And then I made a Bad Drawing:

merlonathemerfoxhires.thumb.png.43deff3639deabce8440b8ae6c5e9c8a.png

Andy Warhol made a lot of money selling drawings that bad :)

... does the right hand look like Scooter from the muppets to anyone else?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

... does the right hand look like Scooter from the muppets to anyone else?

...pours you a cup of coffee and glass of wine.

One of those should fix that right up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I went searching for stuff around that one renaissance faire that's happening right now.  I spawned in dressed as my wolf girl because that's what I'd been wearing last, then realized she should at least be dressed appropriately.  So I took the top from a medieval costume dress and found a flexi bottom that matched her color scheme.  Added a different hair and walked around like this:

Sup I'm a forest lady

chrissirenaissance.thumb.png.760ee3eb31c2903b75cac34cc42c902b.png

And yesterday I had the idea to use one of the many, many ancient freebie animal avatars I've picked up and see if I can repurpose it as an anthro.

Dinogirl

triceratopsgirl.thumb.png.194276840fb8c51385e53a784cf7c54d.png

I couldn't get the legs to stick on properly (probably because I was overlapping onto a Kemono body) and the whole thing is still very lumpy and primmy but I found it interesting.  I drew her the way she'd ideally look if I were able to build her from the ground up.

Also I realized Flickr links embed as images.  But they're huge, and it looks like resizing them isn't an option like with uploaded files...?

• Like 9

13 hours ago, MegaRose said:

Also I realized Flickr links embed as images.  But they're huge, and it looks like resizing them isn't an option like with uploaded files...?

After you paste a link and it flips over to an image a prompt pops up at the bottom of the edit window.  Click that bar to make it go back to a link.

Also, at any time you can double click on a picture to open a resize dialog box.  Specify the width in pixels and it will scale to match.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:17 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

After you paste a link and it flips over to an image a prompt pops up at the bottom of the edit window.  Click that bar to make it go back to a link.

Also, at any time you can double click on a picture to open a resize dialog box.  Specify the width in pixels and it will scale to match.

Let's see if I can get it to work...

Dog?

satyrdog.thumb.png.7de1e920920e415a7988ddc087b05b8e.png

I can double click to resize an uploaded image but not an embedded one.  Oh well.  I made this girl today just to try out a freebie dog avatar I picked up.  I mixed in parts from other free avatars and then stuck on some wings I had gotten out of a gacha.  The horse legs aren't too well connected but I like the concept.  If I ever picked up some mesh hooves I could probably recreate this look on my Kemono.

• Like 5

Hmmm, it's been a while!  I've spent a lot of time sorting through my inventory...then discovering more free stuff, and then having to sort through it.  There's so many hunts in October that I got really sidetracked!  Anyways my biggest new acquisitions were the TMP free body and an Akeruka mesh head that was a free group gift.  I've never tried to adjust a mesh head, so this was pretty different for me:

tmpgirl.thumb.png.54462062b4776e022b99b48dcfc05de9.png

A FaceLooking Good

The free TMP body doesn't allow clothing layers, but I had already picked up tons of free mesh with a TMP fitted version.  The free body doesn't have high feet, so I wound up basing the whole outfit around the flat shoes I had.  Still looks pretty good.  The AK head is Omega compatible so I could play around with makeup, which is fun.  I don't have the animation hud for the head though, so she's got a perpetual bored scowl.  I think I'll just form her personality around that face.

In other news, it's Halloween:

kemowitch.thumb.png.7a918cc6e3b44e7e400d888687d33949.png

Playing Around

I was just playing around with stuff, and this looked pretty cute.  I actually made that top texture myself, for the default Kemono top.  I made a free version too, in monochrome...which I later realized made it tintable.

• Like 9

Waaah this is such a cool concept I love it!!

All of these avis are so great and your renditions of them are also :D 

Sometimes I'll go around populated areas, find an avi I like, and draw it just for me.. But I never thought of drawing my own!! what a fantastic idea !!!

Edit: also, where did you get that mesh head in your most recent human avi ??

Edited by 471c3

6 hours ago, 471c3 said:

Edit: also, where did you get that mesh head in your most recent human avi ??

17 hours ago, MegaRose said:

an Akeruka mesh head that was a free group gift

Note that the head is no longer a free group gift, but I believe it is available for purchase.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Note that the head is no longer a free group gift, but I believe it is available for purchase.

Aaah thank you!! So sorry, I missed that part!! I'm usually good at not missing any descriptions of things but this one slipped my eyes :o thanks again for bringing it to my attention!!

• Like 1