Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Pleased to see you guys like it!

I used some of that commission money to get a few things for that work in progress fox girl, who is now complete:

natsuki.thumb.png.181cd01e9bcfefce9eb307b5bbd2389a.png

The character concept here would look great with a fancier furry avatar underneath it but part of the fun for me was taking a very old, free avatar and making it work.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually joined this game like six years ago, but couldn't figure anything out, puttered around for like two days, and quit.  A friend of mine suggested trying it again, so I went in and figured out

I started sorting through some hairs, and turned it into a fun game where I messed around with poses and an emoter.  And then I drew them.  I gave this character bigger eyes than a realistic human cou

Thank you, Rose!   I ♥ it. I <3 it I love it.  

Posted Images

By the way...I thought to myself that I could try making makeup, and I made this lipstick:

34851767643_48552b7c9e_z.jpg.e425163751440902a108d52b022ac501.jpg

It's really basic, I can probably do better now that I've got a better feel for the head UV map.  I can upload the tattoo for real (this was just a local preview) and stick it in the marketplace as a freebie if people actually want it?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of unpacking a giant pile of freebies I've been meaning to sort through (and drawing more profiles for my avatar girls) I just spent like three days on these:

safarilisting_001.thumb.png.855f77948f1f158aa64e6a491b590b82.pngbudgetsafarilisting_001.thumb.png.71e0fb24067cf457f561ca413b293ce5.png

So now I know how to make kemono skins!

In other news I picked up a bunch of freebies at the Hair Fair and Crystal Heart and I gotta sort through them, there's probably some good stuff I can use for my characters.

Edited by MegaRose
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember this girl?

tallgoth.thumb.png.882946d4870eae230677c44558336da9.png

She's been given a makeover!  I bought the dress at Midsummer Enchantment and the hair at the Hair Fair.  Everything else is free from various places.

zeldathistleprofile.thumb.png.43535db67c934eceae0f8b31e2caf0a6.png

My avatar characters are constructed from freebies, but then they develop a style of their own and I find myself looking for clothes that matches them.  And then I wind up spending money on them!  Free samples really do increase sales, I guess.

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 7:28 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Cute.  I love the socks.

The socks were from Free Dove, and I love them.  I've come to permanently associate them with this one particular character, they're kinda the centerpiece of her entire style.

Link to post
Share on other sites

New work in progress character!  I picked up this leafy dryad hair at the hair fair and I wanted to make a character around it.  She needs more, maybe more planty accessories.  But I'm happy with her so far.

35110325994_fc0f8da04d_o.png.0174a92f62ad0e1a5cb3951a724ee127.pngdryad.thumb.png.311a83b916f5a4373d784f22d8238b0f.png

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MegaRose said:

New work in progress character!  I picked up this leafy dryad hair at the hair fair and I wanted to make a character around it.  She needs more, maybe more planty accessories.  But I'm happy with her so far.

35110325994_fc0f8da04d_o.png.0174a92f62ad0e1a5cb3951a724ee127.pngdryad.thumb.png.311a83b916f5a4373d784f22d8238b0f.png

   If you're still up to taking commissions, I'm working my way toward a snapshot I'd like to have done.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

   If you're still up to taking commissions, I'm working my way toward a snapshot I'd like to have done.

I am!  Whenever you're ready just send me a message with what you're looking for.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 2:21 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Thank you, Rose!

 

RhondaAndClover.thumb.jpg.9fa32362f4026c1d80d4cd2b34bcc737.jpg

I ♥ it.

I <3 it

I love it.

 

   I think my favorite part about this is how Clover's face almost seems to say "I'm not sure why I'm here." Rhonda's face though, it's got that look, with a dusky chuckle, of "Hmmhmmhmmmm, I know why I"m here!"

 

   Big smiles to you both.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

   I think my favorite part about this is how Clover's face almost seems to say "I'm not sure why I'm here." Rhonda's face though, it's got that look, with a dusky chuckle, of "Hmmhmmhmmmm, I know why I"m here!"

 

   Big smiles to you both.

Hehehe that's kind of the story with those two characters and how the scenes usually go. =~.^=

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

The reference photos I was given were good then, because that's the vibe I got when I started drawing that!

In other news, tossing these on the marketplace was quick and easy:

shinybunlisting_001.png.6575cd6494de27425785b7b330e10db3.pngshinybunlisting_002.thumb.png.98db84aa893912029e55ac5475da2d71.png

I'm just recycling older art in an easy form.  Consider this me roleplaying as one of those Amazon bots that puts random images and generated slogans onto cellphone cases.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MegaRose said:

The reference photos I was given were good then, because that's the vibe I got when I started drawing that!

   So yeah, a recent forum discussion got me to thinking. I want to have a picture done. I was just having trouble creating or deciding on what to do. The discussion was about mermaids. So I decided, I'm going to get a good snapshot of Iva in mermaid form for a drawing. We can discuss specifics when I get the snapshot done and when it's convenient for you.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello MegaRose,

 

I think your drawings are very good, you have talent and a good start. I am a Graphic Designer in RL and I have a good eye for everything that has to do with Art, Illustrations, Digital Arts, motion graphics, etc.

I do not know how old you are, but have not you thought about studying design? To be more specific, graphic design or illustration design? So you know the basics and you can achieve that and much more.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2017 at 11:04 PM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

   So yeah, a recent forum discussion got me to thinking. I want to have a picture done. I was just having trouble creating or deciding on what to do. The discussion was about mermaids. So I decided, I'm going to get a good snapshot of Iva in mermaid form for a drawing. We can discuss specifics when I get the snapshot done and when it's convenient for you.

All times are equally convenient more or less, I can make time for most stuff somewhere in my day.  Whenever you're ready let me know!

On 7/21/2017 at 0:16 PM, Anja Medier said:

Hello MegaRose,

 

I think your drawings are very good, you have talent and a good start. I am a Graphic Designer in RL and I have a good eye for everything that has to do with Art, Illustrations, Digital Arts, motion graphics, etc.

I do not know how old you are, but have not you thought about studying design? To be more specific, graphic design or illustration design? So you know the basics and you can achieve that and much more.

I'm in my late 20s, actually.  I did take art/design classes in college, but never got a degree due to family circumstances.  I'm trying to get back into college, and I've even been accepted to the college that had been my dream school.  But it's both expensive and on the other side of the continent, so I'm still figuring out if I'm going to be able to do it.  But anyways, I have some small experience with storyboarding, web design, and other general 2d graphic design stuff.  Nothing that's become a career, at least not yet.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Here's wishing you the best of luck in casing your dreams.

But let me warn you, once you catch all those dreams, no one will let you cry on their shoulders any more :)

I'm right there with Rhonda in wishing you the best of luck in chasing your dreams. (Though Rhonda had you casing them, perhaps in a bid to steal them when the gods aren't looking, which would be a killer move). Your drawings really do make me smile. If you are half as charming as your work I won't even bother to wear socks in your presence. You'd just knock them off.

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MegaRose said:

All times are equally convenient more or less, I can make time for most stuff somewhere in my day.  Whenever you're ready let me know!

I'm in my late 20s, actually.  I did take art/design classes in college, but never got a degree due to family circumstances.  I'm trying to get back into college, and I've even been accepted to the college that had been my dream school.  But it's both expensive and on the other side of the continent, so I'm still figuring out if I'm going to be able to do it.  But anyways, I have some small experience with storyboarding, web design, and other general 2d graphic design stuff.  Nothing that's become a career, at least not yet.

Yes going to a design school it is indeed very but very expensive. I definitely know the experience. I struggled myself a lot when i was in school but it felt so good when I got my Degree.

You're still too young and still have plenty of time. Before starting school, make sure you can get Financial Aid, they will help you with a Loan process as well. Make all the documentation first then they will register you as student before school starts and all the paper work will be done on time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...