My bad drawings of my worse avatars

MegaRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I picked up the BladenCat Mk7, because I wouldn't say no to a free furry avatar.  A wig fit nicely on her with minimal adjustments, and I was pleased to see that some lolita stuff I had picked up (at a place called Picopure, it has prize campers as well as regular freebies) fit perfectly.  The only thing that didn't work was the classic avatar shirt that formed the top of the dress.  I tried a bunch of mesh tops and dresses but none of them could be resized or repositioned, so I slapped a bow on her boobies and that will be good enough for now I guess.

kittyqueen_001.png.330350acb61a58943d74472a13147efa.pngkittyqueen.thumb.png.ae377b48147add65c61a8660ef0ed4a5.png

A few dresses specifically for the BladenCat do exist and they're cheap, so I miiiight get one of those, at least to repurpose the top.

• Like 9

MegaRose, some children's book publisher/family animated movie studio/insert employer here is missing a marvelous illustrator/character designer.

In every case so far, your in-world avatar creations are the bee's knees and your sketches of them are the cat's pajamas.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

MegaRose, some children's book publisher/family animated movie studio/insert employer here is missing a marvelous illustrator/character designer.

Thank you!  That's more or less what I wish I was actually doing for a living.  As it is, I mostly draw webcomics and stuff.

skydancer_001.png.cc3ffe7986d2b83ef0c40e6272a2193a.pngskydancer.thumb.png.e8ba6071bc2d9e42ed4b93cfbc505b98.png

This is a look that came together as I was unpacking some freebies.  I happened to pick up a bunch of stuff that matched all at the same time and threw it together.  The choker with the little bow was from a gacha, everything else was free.  I'm completely enamored with the dress right now.

wolfaboostyle_001.thumb.png.4b028c381448f728e3995ecce9de5e9c.pngpinkwolfaboo.thumb.png.6a4a2b92d5ac9e8254eb8e49c66ded4d.png

And here's a new look for my wolf girl.  Everything here was free except the pants...which were also free.  One of the gifts I picked up in the SL14B shopping event was a gift card for a store.  I actually own several pairs of what I call 'carpet pants' IRL, they've become my current go-to look.  If a fabric looks like a 70s rug or a grandma's couch, I want it on my legs.

In the process of picking out the pants I picked up a bunch of demos of other items too, and I'm keeping them just in case I ever wanna spend some actual money.  So I guess the gift card was a good marketing move on the store's part!

• Like 12

3 hours ago, SID Riler said:

You should create a flickr account, and post your work, there are many SL groups in Flickr. Remember to add it here so I can add you if you create a Flickr.  <3

Well I was thinking I should do SOMETHING more than a forum thread, but I hadn't considered a Flickr.  I'll look into it!

• Like 2

I have a whole huge folder labeled 'fursuits' but haven't really used most of them.  I was determined to make a hyena character, and somehow she ended up extremely quirky.

59467630d6a50_hyenavacation.thumb.png.906de4479e6278b9e7a1f068446669fb.pnghyenagirl.thumb.png.5e3c2c9603b0ba9f7d76a15f10e36fd2.png

I had originally tried putting some solid color dresses on her, but couldn't find leggings to compliment them.  Somehow these matchy-clashy prints clicked a lot better.  Once it was established that she wanted to be a tropical hippie, the martini necklace and the hair flower were obvious choices.

My friend said this outfit looks like something a fun elementary school teacher would wear.  I'm the hyena version of Ms. Frizzle I guess.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, MegaRose said:

Well I was thinking I should do SOMETHING more than a forum thread, but I hadn't considered a Flickr.  I'll look into it!

Both  :)

We have a few threads where people post pics of themselves and they have been going on forever, so this thread can also continue forever.  Flickr is nice because it gives a view of all pictues on the same page or pages - more condensed than a thread posts anyway.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

5 hours ago, SID Riler said:

Would be great if she did, since everyone just takes pictures, having a drawn avatar seems cool

Thats honestly so popular in so many other games/social sites im not sure why its not here :o

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 11:18 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

So ... are you ready to take commissions, MegaRose?

I'll give you L$5K (about 20 bucks American) for a drawing of Clover and I in our demon vs angel avatars.

I'm absolutely ready!  Are we talking about doing a drawing like the ones in this thread?  Full color with a simple background?

• Like 4

Today I presented myself with a challenge:

Vibra_001.thumb.png.6144ad27d9823dd9c93238e890d8c2d1.pngvibrantgirl.thumb.png.16f64d4d05923e00beaea5ef45742d5e.png

The pants are actually the inspiration for this look.  I had picked up a free box of 'goth clothes,' and finally finished sorting through it.  A bunch of the items were straight up broken, some were repeats of the same item under different names, and all of them were ancient.  These asymmetrical leggings were interesting enough that I figured I could make an outfit out of them.  I picked some more black clothes and then went for contrasty bright colors for the body and hair.  The challenge?  Under her hair, two eyeshadows, two lipsticks, some blush, glittery eyebrows, and false eyelashes, she looks like this:

Vibra_002.png.2532e89875d43c94bd29c7be8b389f10.png

This skin is actually part of a furry mod kit that I don't have the mesh parts for.  I picked it up anyways because its free and came with ears and a tail.  The face of the skin is uncolored because it's supposed to be covered by a head.  I covered her in makeup tattoo layers and tweaked her face shape to downplay her unshaded nostrils and lips.  The end result is pretty good from a distance.

I've also discovered the wonderful concept of full perm mesh, so now I can make textures without having to worry about learning 3d!  I've got a bunch of dresses I'm working on, but to start I've got a listing for a scarf up on the marketplace:

scarfphoto_003.png.19c12aa4af53021029e7fc11120c5ad6.png

The fun thing about this scarf mesh is that there really aren't seams to worry about.  I could make a million of these if I wanted.  If I start doing a lot of these maybe I WILL set up a Flickr to post them to instead of slipping them in with my avatar posts.

• Like 8

I took a little time off from Second Life to work on my other projects (which I had been lagging behind on), but I do have some stuff to share.  Firstly I went ahead and made a Flickr.  There's not much on it yet, but since I can post directly from SL it'll probably fill up quick.

A lot of my pictures are going to be of this particular avatar girl:

normie.thumb.png.1eec5193d7538a0d1abd0cdb363e0c5a.png

She has a name!  I'm going to start treating my different avatars as separate characters.  Normie is the result of me wanting an average-looking, average-proportioned body to try clothes on with.  I'm going to eventually make small profiles for each character and they'll all have their own Flickr albums.

There's also an album for items I'm selling.  I've started doing a little more with full perm mesh, and now I have a few dresses for sale.  I needed an avatar to model the dresses, and since they're all really brightly colored I figured a darker skin would look good against it.  Inevitably that turned into the creation of another character:

drow.thumb.png.cda383b6d66f945cc044f74d7b2bfa9c.png

One of my own dresses is part of her standard everyday outfit because her whole design was essentially built around it.

And as a side note, here's a work in progress girl:

spookyfox_001.thumb.png.b332f12f5f56ee3a0013e220ec45cccc.pngspookyfox.thumb.png.c47e259305ff8709fb4fad951f7d2304.png

She doesn't have a full outfit yet, but I'm thinking she's going to be dressed in a lot of white or spooky, ghosty things.  I might want to accessorize her with more furry parts.  Perhaps a new tail?

• Like 11

Maybe I should've drawn Ayaka AFTER doing this to her face:

5954dc80eaa8b_ayakanewface_001.thumb.png.45644600cbdb7884b6efa7938dae62cd.png

Her body is still medium standard but I've tweaked her face shape and added new makeup.  I'll probably switch between this new hair and her old hair occasionally.  I like having the option to not have her hair falling around her shoulders and clipping through neckwear, but I also like her old pigtails just in general.  Got this new hair as a lucky letter from a place called Escalated.

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.