Suppoert gets better and better...NOT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's 8 AM-6PM Eastern time and 1PM-11PM British time. They are trying to pick times that is convenient for the majority of SL residents. The 5AM-3PM is SLT aka Pacific time or the actual time it is in San Francisco. Seems a good compromise to me and makes the chat available to the most people. You can always fill out a support case ticket.

• Like 5

They are human beings - they have to go home and eat and sleep sometime. They could always outsource it all, and with it your privacy and the ability to understand anyone on the other end of the phone. But unlike so many tech companies today, LL keeps it in hometown USA. The other option is to increase the price of the premium package, which no doubt would receive gripes from more people since most never need the phone support feature. I was a premium member for three years and only reached out to support twice (it was excellent, btw.). Being open 10 hours a day is pretty good and a sweatshop compared to bankers' hours.

Edited by mehllama

15 minutes ago, mehllama said:

They could always outsource it all, and with it your privacy and the ability to understand anyone on the other end of the phone. But unlike so many tech companies today, LL keeps it in hometown USA. The other option is to increase the price of the premium package, which no doubt would receive gripes from more people since most never need the phone support feature.

Or they could man it 24/7 but, like your outsourcing option, we'd have to pay for it one way or another.

OR... they could ban everyone who isn't in the OP's time zone, and man it during his normal working hours. That'd work :)

• Like 1

On 2-6-2017 at 0:39 AM, MarmelaGramela Doesburg said:

I am so sick of this....

you realise lot of the support questions get answered in the Answer section of the forum?... faster and mostly same level of quality.. or better.... Mostly only personal and private account issues and a few technical things are to be asked to LL directly

• Like 1

Just want to say, I have used support twice and both times, immediately polite response and helpful, so huge praise to Linden Labs.

Now I live in Europe and when I encountered an inventory problem, it was midnight SLT ( Pacific ) time, so I logged and waited until normal office hours in San Francisco before contacting LL. A little thoughtfulness from an users side is in place.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2017 at 11:39 PM, MarmelaGramela Doesburg said:

Why don't you close it completely and SL with it. Just a sign of a decaying world where no one gives a ***** to keep it alive. I am so sick of this....

Gosh, you're absolutely right! If your individual support needs cannot be met between the hours of 5am (you must already be hard at work by then, after all) and 3pm (still hard at work, of course) then the whole shebang must close! It's shocking! Absolutely bloody disgraceful!

I've had to contact Support many times during my ten years inworld. Never had anything but the best of help from them, and often got through to a Linden who could fix the issue on the spot. And if I couldn't get an answer there and then, I deployed a very special skill that I have. It's called patience.

Here, honey. You dropped this:

pacifier.jpg.001cefd80c1ec47e6ea60f8601c204fd.jpg

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.