Profile Picture HELP!

caican

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I have updated my profile picture but firstly no one else can see it and secondly it doesn't show up next to my name on chat. How do I get it visible? I've trawled through all settings to make them viewable to 'Everyone'. A few websites mention paying L$10 but where can I do this? I just bought funds.

2 answers to this question

To get your profile picture to stick and be visible to others, it has to be uploaded into SL as a texture, which costs 10L. You can also use a picture saved directly from SL but that still costs 10L and there is no way to crop it or other wise edit it. To upload click the tab at the top that says build, and in the drop down menu click upload, and then choose texture (i think it's texture) that opens up a box that lets you choose a file from your computer. It cannot be larger than 2048 pixels wide or tall, but it will reduce automatically to 1024, so you are better off reducing it to that size yourself. Once in SL it shows up in your texture file, and you can click on your profile picture and select that texture to add. Be sure when you are done you save it. I use Firestorm, so other viewers might be different from this as to where things are but they should all work basically like this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.