How to use MultiQuote

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My searches are getting no results and the Forum Feedback thread seems to be gone. So can anyone tell the "rest of us" how to get the multiquote to paste in after you have your quotes. Not working for me ^^.  Thanks.

Here is what I am talking about.

multiquote.png.b1a78e7830df4ac33c2cec426e49cd00.png

Not really sure what I am doing wrong; likely something VERY simple. :D

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since Skell gave a good answer in the other thread:

Yes I saw that and answered there but that is not what I thought (or wanted) it to do so I will go back to my old ways until and if they add my "feature" *wink*.

11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

My searches are getting no results and the Forum Feedback thread seems to be gone. So can anyone tell the "rest of us" how to get the multiquote to paste in after you have your quotes. Not working for me ^^.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I see - you are wanting to do the Multi-quote with the 'highlight text and quote it' feature.  Sounds like a new feature is needed.

One very simple, although possibly not very elegant method: Quote one post, edit it to remove the text you don't need, then quote another post.

Edited by ChinRey
Editing

32 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

One very simple, although possibly not very elegant method: Quote one post, edit it to remove the text you don't need, then quote another post.

Yes, that has been suggested already :D but not what I was looking for.  Maybe my "elegant" way will appear. Many new things have when asked for! 

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, that has been suggested already :D but not what I was looking for.  Maybe my "elegant" way will appear. Many new things have when asked for! 

I was out on the forums of the forum maker and someone actually did ask for this feature back in Dec 2016.  There was no response to the request other than one other person giving it a 'thumbs up'.  Since we (the residents here) are not the purchasers of the forum software, we cannot go comment on the request or make our own requests, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was out on the forums of the forum maker and someone actually did ask for this feature back in Dec 2016.  There was no response to the request other than one other person giving it a 'thumbs up'.  Since we (the residents here) are not the purchasers of the forum software, we cannot go comment on the request or make our own requests, unfortunately.

Well there was a forum feedback thread for quite awhile after the new one appeared, and many changes asked for were included or adapted which I thought was quite impressive. 

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well there was a forum feedback thread for quite awhile after the new one appeared, and many changes asked for were included or adapted which I thought was quite impressive. 

This is something that LL would have to ask the forum software folks to add; not something that LL coudl enable or add themselves.  I think I'll go find that thread and add the request to the list.  Who knows, maybe LL will make the request.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.