Double Charged my CC

Wynter Paine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It seems LL is impossible to contact via phone, so I suppose this has to go here in public, which I find horrible. I purchased $25 of linden a few days ago, after looking at my statement I see LL charged me another $21 that I didn't authorize, nor did I receive linden for. How do I get this corrected, want my $$ that wasn't authorized back in my bank account asap. I've been here 10 plus years and NEVER had this issue

Edited by Wynter Paine

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Wynter Paine said:

It seems LL is impossible to contact via phone

If you are not in the U.S.A., that can sometimes be a problem, although you should be able to use Skype from most places.  Try again, or check with your local phone company of the problem persists.

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

Local Toll-Free numbers

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

If none of this works, submit a support case.

Thank you for all your information that's awesome, I did call their number, it give you a "Press this number for" option menu, once I pick an option it re routes back to main menu again. As for a support ticket, its telling me cannot create one as I do  not have a premium account. 10 years and ever never needed to contact them lol 

If you call again, try option "0", which is unannounced on most caller menu systems.  That's often the "WTF" option that gets you to a real person at the front desk of wherever.  I do not know if that works for the LL Billing Office, but it's worth a shot.

Incidentally, I notice your comment

1 hour ago, Wynter Paine said:

want my $$ that wasn't authorized back in my bank account asap.

which suggests that you may be using a non-standard payment method.  Your options for sending money to your LL account are PayPal, Skrill, or a credit card on the approved list.  You cannot transfer money directly from (or to) a bank account.  Note also that "A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.Although some SL residents occasionally have good luck with non-standard cards, that's not the norm.  If your card has been updated or reissued recently, it may no longer be accepted, even if it worked in the past.  That could account for some confusion in the billing process. 

2 hours ago, Wynter Paine said:

As for a support ticket, its telling me cannot create one as I do  not have a premium account. 10 years and ever never needed to contact them lol 

Are you sure you tried to create a support case - https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

as opposed to starting live chat - https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

Live chat is reserved for Premium accounts, but anyone should be able to create a support case

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

anyone should be able to create a support case

Not so.  Basic accounts are pretty restricted to particular types of cases >>>  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Types_of_Support_Case   .  It may be possible to sneak a request into an ambiguous category on that list (and it can't hurt to try), but the better answer is that you ought to balance the cost of a month's worth of Premium membership against the amount of money you hope to regain from a possible billing error.  If it's worth signing up for Premium so that you get access to those extra case categories, do it.

19 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Not so.  Basic accounts are pretty restricted to particular types of cases >>>  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Types_of_Support_Case   .  It may be possible to sneak a request into an ambiguous category on that list (and it can't hurt to try), but the better answer is that you ought to balance the cost of a month's worth of Premium membership against the amount of money you hope to regain from a possible billing error.  If it's worth signing up for Premium so that you get access to those extra case categories, do it.

Wow, I would have expected basic billing issues of any kind to be on that list.

Anyone can call accounting for any money interaction problem with the Lab.

That the phone tree is miss behaving is only an indication of it not working, not a lack of permission to contact them. Wait a day and try again. Also, check the Grid Status. They have been having phone issues. Also, weekends and holidays office things tend to get behind.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.