GTX 460

Maylin Murakami

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an nvidia GTX 460 graphics card, this card is still not recognized or supported by the latest 2.x viewer ? That's what it says when I start up this viewer

I'm getting very mediocre performance compared with 1.x viewers and it seems enabling anti aliasing in this viewer does nothing.

Second Life 2.6.2 (225998) Apr  7 2011 21:55:52 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at 215,639.0, 250,822.0, 26.1 in Beat located at sim20296.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.27.71:13000)
Second Life RC Magnum 11.04.12.226476
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q8200  @ 2.33GHz (2331.6 MHz)
Memory: 3199 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit  (Build 7600)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 460/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.6658
OpenGL Version: 4.1.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8j zlib/1.2.3 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 3.2.0002.9361

Built with MSVC version 1400
Packets Lost: 52/22,974 (0.2%)

make sure you don't log in using  a link with the --login first last password format, or the --noprobe options, as these (and perhaps others) are broken causing loss of certain menus, and limiting video memory.

then once you've logged in, manually increase you setting, but only set the vbo options (not AA or AF)... set AA and AF from the nvidia settings panel for the secondlife application to override... not only does AA work much better from there, it also plays better with shadows that way.

you can also open the file gpu_table.txt in the viewer directory and do a search and replace on the following

search for: GTS 260
replace with: GTS 460

and also..

search for: GTS 26.*
replace with GTS 46.*

those will tell SL to treat you card as known, they default to the highest internal leval (high graphics) and and that it's supported... you can manually change your graphic to ultra from there.

anti-aliasing. I never could get it to work with my GTX260 without tweeking some debug settings.

It's two of these three debugs

RenderUseFBO = True

RenderDeferred = True

RenderDeferredGL = True

FBO and DefferredGL are the ones I think. Settings those to true enables anti-aliasing to function. Also try using your Nvidia control panel and have the video drivers deliver anti-aliasing.

The 2.X viewer is nice and can render the world quite well but it is horrible at detecting and using video cards properly.

Void Singer wrote:

make sure you don't log in using  a link with the
--login first last password
format, or the
--noprobe
options, as these (and perhaps others) are broken causing loss of certain menus, and limiting video memory.

The --login bug has been fixed I believe.

you can also open the file gpu_table.txt in the viewer directory and do a search and replace on the following

search for: GTS 260

replace with: GTS 460

and also..

search for: GTS 26.*

replace with GTS 46.*

those will tell SL to treat you card as known, they default to the highest internal leval (high graphics) and and that it's supported... you can manually change your graphic to ultra from there.

I think you mean GTX 260/460. But LL is finally going to update gpu_table.txt.

leliel Mirihi wrote:

The --login bug has been fixed I believe.

only internally, it hasn't  made it into the production viewer yet.

I think you mean GTX 260/460
. But LL is finally going to update gpu_table.txt.

doh, you are right! bad copypasta on my part

don't feel bad, it's one of those jiras I'm hawkeyed on, because I have account links for each av on each viewer I have installed... and I still randomly forget to use the manual login link so that I can edit scripts and such....

it's one of the nastier power user bugs (although I wish they'd fix --noprobe, but that's been broken since snowglobe, probably because there are two different settings in there now, no probe and no hardware check)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.