Race bending in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

There are groups here who haven't strayed away from those African traditions that our ancestors left them with and they still practice them today - Gullah culture, Creole culture are just two of them

Yeah... I knew there was something I'd seen you say that was nagging at the back of my mind ringing 'Afro-Pretentious' warning bells.

"In the United States, the word "Creole" refers to people of any race or mixture thereof who are descended from settlers in colonial French La Louisiane and colonial Louisiana (New Spain) before it became part of the United States in 1803 with the Louisiana Purchase. Some writers from other parts of the country have mistakenly assumed the term to refer only to people of mixed racial descent, but this is not the traditional Louisiana usage. In Louisiana, originally Creole was only used to describe people of French and then Spanish descent who were born in Louisiana and used the term to distinguish themselves from newly arrived immigrants. Later, the terms were differentiated further after the emergence of a newly mixed-race group that began to share the usage of the identity, as well as newly arriving Anglo-Americans lumping whites, mixed and blacks into a general francophone "Creole" cultural group "

unquote.

Not sure where you get the idea that 'Creole' is exclusively 'Culturally African".

You seem to pick your definition of Creole to suit your ideology rather than the facts, The term is NOT exclusively 'African' , there are 'Creole' Cultures that have nothing to do with West Africa, being more connected with Spain, Portugal and France .

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

"bleedin" should have an apsotrophe after it - bleedin'

"adam n' eve" should be Adam 'n' Eve, with an apostrophe for each of the missing characters, and the names should be capitalised.

"apples n' pears" should be apples 'n' pears, with a apostrophe for each of the missing characters.

;)

Phil we know that Klytina is never wrong. She just happens to hang out exclusively with with people who are stupid and wrong. And quotes them.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

Yeah... I knew there was something I'd seen you say that was nagging at the back of my mind ringing 'Afro-Pretentious' warning bells.

"In the United States, the word "Creole" refers to people of any race or mixture thereof who are descended from settlers in colonial French La Louisiane and colonial Louisiana (New Spain) before it became part of the United States in 1803 with the Louisiana Purchase. Some writers from other parts of the country have mistakenly assumed the term to refer only to people of mixed racial descent, but this is not the traditional Louisiana usage. In Louisiana, originally Creole was only used to describe people of French and then Spanish descent who were born in Louisiana and used the term to distinguish themselves from newly arrived immigrants. Later, the terms were differentiated further after the emergence of a newly mixed-race group that began to share the usage of the identity, as well as newly arriving Anglo-Americans lumping whites, mixed and blacks into a general francophone "Creole" cultural group "

unquote.

Not sure where you get the idea that 'Creole' is exclusively 'Culturally African".

You seem to pick your definition of Creole to suit your ideology rather than the facts, The term is NOT exclusively 'African' , there are 'Creole' Cultures that have nothing to do with West Africa, being more connected with Spain, Portugal and France .

Scrolling past the bloated cut 'n' paste rhetoric...

I 'get it' from the fact that my family is Creole, so I know first hand about our culture. Not quoted from an online dictionary/article/wikipedia blurb like your post.

One thing is abundantly clearly from your responses, you know as little about Black American culture, as you claim the Americans in general know about Brit culture. Stop trying to "school me" on something that you obviously know next to nothing about.

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Klytyna said:

It's like the so called 'Anglo-American Special Relationship', which is an actual agreement from the late 1950's.

Made shortly after the test on Chirstmas Island (iirc), about 100 miles south of Pearl Harbour, the agreement specifies details about sharing nuclear technology, and about who will design the missiles and bombs, who will actually make the missiles and bombs, and who will buy then at a special discount price.

Examined in the light of cynicism, the Special Relationship actually amounts to...

America pretends to be Britain's Friend and in exchange, Britain pretends to believe America, and smiles back...

You must be quoting one of your ignorant friends again. You should really use Google to check before regurgitating whatever one of them says. Really -- go look up Special Relationship now and see.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Many years ago, a documentary was made following a group of 'Roots Tourists' on their  journey to dissappointment.

After meeting the nice wellspoken young lady at the Slavery Museum, and learning their ancestors hadn't all been 'African Warriors' kidnapped by whites, but had mainly been unarmed civillians enslaved by, other Africans, and sold to the whites simply because the whites didn't know they were being overcharged. the tourists were able to visit the residence of the local King.

This cheerful man in a blue and white floral cotton shirt, happily explained how PROUD he was of HIS ancestors improvements to the country, financed by selling THEIR ancestors into slavery. They left dissillusioned and dissappointed that it wasn't how they had expected it to be, none ofthat "Careful my ancestor was a Watusi Warrior, man" stuff they had hoped for.

There was another documentary made, about Black women in Britain and their complaints that they found it hard to obtain Black boyfriends because the guys were all after 'White Trophy Girlfriends'. During the piece, the crew interviewed two sisters, who emphatically stated that they would never consider dating a white guy.

These two 'black' girls had a white mother, two white grandmothers, four white great grandmothers, a white grandfather, and three white great grandfathers...

And the one black great grandfather came from Jamaica with a distinct possibility of an ancestry that wasn't 100% Ethnically West African, so the 'black' sisters were LESS than 12.5%  'Ethnically West African' but still Officially 'Black' according to Afro-Pretentious Ideology

So, perhaps you can begin to understand why I have doubts about the Afro-Pretentious Movement and take claims of how 'officially black' black people claim to be with a pinch of salt, unless they are actually African. Where are the Franco-americans, the Germano-Americans the Polo-Americans, the Brito-Americans?

My Mother was Irish, from Ireland, I am HALF Irish, I get annoyed at 'plastic paddies' who blather about wearing the green and how they are 'irish american' because one of their polish immigrant ancestors once kissed an irish girl in 1842, and how they feel about the 'Old Country'. 

My disregard for the whole group of "[something] Pretentious" Cultural claims by people who have almost NO connection to the "Old Country" isn't based on skin colour, but on the quality of the often inaccurate and pretentious claims.

I'm not convinced you need to label your selves at all, frankly, can't you just be 'Americans'? I mean, that was supposed to be the whole damn idea behind America, wasn't it? Hence the fact that the requirement for American Citizenship used to be "Resided in the United States for 5 years".

For the record, I don't 'reply around people', maybe it's that Gascon blood, 

Unfortunately, when it comes to labels every group in the US has them. Italian-Americans, Native-Americans, Mexican or Hispanic-Americans, Chinese/Japanese/Koreans/Asian (etc)-Americans, German-Americans, Irish-Americans.. the list goes on. I can't speak for why anyone else has chosen to hyphenate their particular ethnic group, but i know for African-Americans (aka black people) it is to pay homage to our ancestors who endured slavery so that we could have better life, also it is a small attempt to reclaim that bit of history that was lost to us, because our ancestors became slaves in this country.

Black Brits and black Americans share a history of slavery and racism, but that's typically where any similarities end between their stories and ours. https://www.quora.com/Are-black-people-100-black-genetically true, many black Americans like black Brits have some small percentage of European DNA, some more or less than others, but there are also many multi-generational black Americans who have very little if any Euro DNA at all.

Also, with the recent rise in DNA testing, black people are more keen than ever to learn about our pre-slavery history and reconnect with our roots. Which is why Genealogy tours are more popular than ever in the states. We know that not all of our ancestors were kings, queens, and great warriors - you are referring to a subset of people in our culture who are considered "extremist" or "afrocentric' in their viewpoint, so you shouldn't generalize black people as whole. We are not a monolith, so we do not all think the same, nor do we all believe the same things.

The truth of the matter is, black people (and the majority of humankind) originate from Africa, that is a proven scientific fact. Whether you choose to take issue with that or not is your business, but you can't dictate to others as to what they should label themselves. Personally, I don't really concern myself with the whys and wherefores when a particular group of people choose to culturally identify as they do. I'm sure that they have their reasons, and it's their business. All I can do as a person of color, as a fellow human being, is stay true to myself and my purpose for being placed on this earth. Whatever that reason may be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

unquote.

http://www.frenchcreoles.com/LouisianaPeople/louisiana creoles/louisiana creoles.html

Some writers from other parts of the United Stateshave mistakenly assumed the term Creole to refer only to people of mixed racial descent, but this is not the traditional Louisiana usage. In fact some locals, especially those of relatively pure French and Spanish Creole descent, have often argued that the traditional usage excluded African lineage. However, colonial era documents show that a broader usage of the term was already common by the late 18th century, with references to "free Creoles of Color" and even to slaves of pure African descent born in Louisiana as "Creole slaves".

And we aren't discussing them, we are talking about the vast, arraying cultures within black America point, blank. period. You keep spinning your wheels of deflection by trying to make it about something else, although YOU were the one who mentioned Louisiana Creoles in the first place. My parents and a great majority of my family is from Louisiana. Come again..

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

You must be quoting one of your ignorant friends again. You should really use Google to check before regurgitating whatever one of them says. Really -- go look up Special Relationship now and see.

In the early 1950's America successfully developed it's first H-Bomb, The President of the day passed into Law, a bill making it an offence to share h-bomb research with the British 'Allies'.

1954 Britain began it's own independent research program with NO American assistance, and in the late 1950's this resulted in a weapons test near the research facility on a small island about 100 miles south of Hawaii.

America was invited to send a party to view the test, what they saw was a dev team who had successfuly invented a diagnostic measuring devicew that America didn't have and hadn't known you COULD have, an advanced jet powered bomber with a flight envelope that made it significantly better then the b-52, and which was the FIRST of 3 Advanced designs, later collectively known as the V-Force.

Last and by no means least, they witnessed a test detonation of an H-Bomb almost 10% more powerful than the American model. Shortly after the American team returned to the US and reported, America repealed the no-sharing law, and cut a deal with Harold Macmillan, under which we agreed NOT to manufacture H-Bombs and to share OUR research with America, in exchange for which America would supply our nukes, together with any customisation needed to mount them in the planes of the V-Force.

The previous tests were 'propaganda' but still impressive propaganda, including falsely claiming the worlds most powerful A-Bomb as a test H-Bomb. The last was no fake.

These are all readily checkable facts.

If you're interested try googling "1958 US–UK Mutual Defence Agreement" before you get too smug about the 'Special Relationship' which on the nuclear front basically ended with the "Atomic Energy Act of 1946".

34 minutes ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

The truth of the matter is, black people (and the majority of humankind) originate from Africa, that is a proven scientific fact. Whether you choose to take issue with that or not is your business,

I don't have an issue with humanity migrating out of the Rift Valley, I am amused that some people think that they have a special right to make weird and frankly questionable claims because THIER ancestors left Africa 150,000 years AFTER mine did...

Edited by Klytyna

10 minutes ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

And we aren't discussing them, we are talking about the vast, arraying cultures within black America point, blank. period. You keep spinning your wheels of deflection by trying to make it about something else, although YOU were the one who mentioned Louisiana Creoles in the first place. My parents and a great majority of my family is from Louisiana. Come again..

You still seem to be assuming that the word Creole is some exclusive preserve of your home area and your self identified 'ethnicity', I suggest you look the word up on a non Afro-Pretentious source, there are quote 'creole' cultures that are NOTHING to do with Africa or America.

The word is European, derived from a latin root connected with breeding, and usually used to refer to colony bredd citizens, as opposed to 'homeland bred expatriates'

This whole thread started because somebody was worried they might get into trouble with the Thought Police ofthe Afro-Pretentious Movement, if they wore an avatar skin that wasn't the same 'ethnicity' as their own, and then degenerated into you, and others, making pretentious and questionable statements.

Why was this even a damn issue? What next? Can't wear a demon skin unless you are ethnically infernal in RL, got to show an Underdark Passport to wear a Drow skin.

Grow up and get a damn grip.

39 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

I don't have an issue with humanity migrating out of the Rift Valley, I am amused that some people think that they have a special right to make weird and frankly questionable claims because THIER ancestors left 150,000 years AFTER mine did...

'Some people' as in the vast majority of scientists and anthropologists. So now you are Eurasian or is it Neanderthal? You seem to be more irritated, than 'amused', if I must say. LOL

Oh and White people as they are currently known, didn't even exist until about 8000-12,000 years or so ago. So, who are "your" people?

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/04/how-europeans-evolved-white-skin

https://australianmuseum.net.au/the-first-migrations-out-of-africa

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

You still seem to be assuming that the word Creole is some exclusive preserve of your home area and your self identified 'ethnicity', I suggest you look the word up on a non Afro-Pretentious source, there are quote 'creole' cultures that are NOTHING to do with Africa or America.

The word is European, derived from a latin root connected with breeding, and usually used to refer to colony bredd citizens, as opposed to 'homeland bred expatriates'

This whole thread started because somebody was worried they might get into trouble with the Thought Police ofthe Afro-Pretentious Movement, if they wore an avatar skin that wasn't the same 'ethnicity' as their own, and then degenerated into you, and others, making pretentious and questionable statements.

Why was this even a damn issue? What next? Can't wear a demon skin unless you are ethnically infernal in RL, got to show an Underdark Passport to wear a Drow skin.

Grow up and get a damn grip.

Tl;dr anything beyond that first rambling paragraph of nothingness. FYI, "tl;dr" means - too long;didn't read.  The majority of your responses are nothing more than empty cut and paste jobs anyway, so I'll just say this:

Whatever your issue is with black Americans or black people in general, is just that - YOUR issue. You probably should work on that and figure out why you have so much disdain towards us, and probably black people in general.

As for your overall ignorance and bigotry towards Americans, that is another thing that you should perhaps take some time to reflect upon and figure out what's going on there. You can cut 'n' paste all of the articles in the world in an attempt to back up your blatant prejudice and hatred, but you'll only succeed in showing everyone in this forum your true bigoted nature and the vitriol hidden behind your words.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

'Some people' as in the vast majority of scientist and anthropologists. So now you are Eurasian? You seem to be more irritated, than 'amused', if I must say. LOL

Oh and White people didn't even exist until about 8000 years or so ago. So, who are "your" people?

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/04/how-europeans-evolved-white-skin

https://australianmuseum.net.au/the-first-migrations-out-of-africa

You appear to have difficulty comprehending the English Language, I said I did NOT have an issue with Caucasians originating in and migrating from the Rift Valley in Kenya, Africa (in case you didn't know where that was).

IO SAID I was amused by certain people, assumingthey can say garbage, and cover it by playing the "your ancestors left Africa 150,000 years before mine" card.

Let me spell that out a little plainer for you since you seem to have difficulty.

The Afro Pretentious Movement wrote: "Hi I'm special because MY Ancestors left Africa by boat 2-300 years ago, while yours left on foot 150,000 years ago and went a funny washed out colour, so you are forbidden to disagree with me when I spout factually questionable propaganda!" 

23 minutes ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

White people didn't even exist until about 8000 years or so ago

Outstanding example of factually questionable propaganda. doubtless backed by the kind of website that proclaims

"Eureka! The Albinos have finally admitted where they come from!" http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/White_people.htm

while claiming  that Europe is the Ancestral home of Black people, and then denigrates the idea of paler skin in northern latitudes due to vitamin D by claiming cases of Rickets  as proving this a 'lie' when in fact, Humans produce Vit D from sunlight, and its Vit C that's involved in Rickets.

Now regardless of your position on the validity of vitamin D as a cause of pale skin in Caucasians, fraudulently claiming Rickets caused by Vitamin D and that SuperBlacks (tm) don't need this vitamin, is moronically stupid racist propaganda.

Oh and you know that humans have existed in Central and Northern Europe for MORE than 8,000 years right?

Ohof course, those pre 8,000 year Europeans were all BLACK, like the Chinese... Yup another Classic Afro-Pretentious Propaganda Quote coming up.

"It is also not known why the Aryans/Arians would hazard a return to lands that they originally found inhospitable because of the intense Sunshine. Perhaps over the tens-of-thousands of years that they spent in Central Asia, they were able to acquire a "Fixed" degree of Melanination through crossbreeding with the Blacks in China and Eastern Europe who surrounded them"

How about this fine example of Afro-Pretentious Bull Manure.

"The earliest Black European writing, that we know about, is the Linear A script which first appeared in Crete (the Middle Minoan period (1700 - 1550 BC). After the Whites invaded (circa 1,200 B.C.), all writing STOPPED!"

Actually, Minoan Art doesn't seem to depict them as 'Black' and their civilisation's major setback in about 1250 was the island of Santorini about 80 miles north, detonating like a colossal bomb, utterly destroying their major naval base there and sending a devastating tsunami crashing against the coast of Crete, but...

Hey, what are a few facts between friends when you have the chance to spout fact free Afro-Pretentious racist propaganda against the hated 'Albino Honky Crackers', right?

2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Phil we know that Klytina is never wrong. She just happens to hang out exclusively with with people who are wrong. And quotes them.

It's certainly why I quoted you, when dealing with that 'google the special relationship' nonsense of yours.

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I know when I'm all tense and looking to relax,there is nothing like good soothing music.;)

Oh dear, another hyphenated American. We all know how much Klytyna hates that. We need her to relax, not send her teetering over the edge. Though, I fear she may have already fallen over. :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

Whatever your issue is with black Americans or black people in general,

I don't have a 'problem' with black Americans or black people. 

I DO have a problem with ignorant people calmly spouting fact free racist propaganda, on the assumption that because it's directed at caucasians, it's somehow 'acceptable' and 'justified'.

You have spouted BS about the meaning of a French word, claimed non-black people didn't exist before 8000 years ago, and shown a poor grasp of the English language, that appears to be based on you hating the colour of the people who invented it.

You openly display racist views, and that is your problem.

2 minutes ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

Oh dear, another hyphenated American. We all know how much Klytyna hates that. We need her to relax, not send her teetering over the edge. Though, I fear she may have already fallen over. :D 

I always check ,Other,just for the fun of it..

Seriously though,my intentions were sincere with the music..It's very good music and video..It felt very tense in here..:ph34r:

hehehehe

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

You appear to have difficulty comprehending the English Language, I said I did NOT have an issue with Caucasians originating in and migrating from the Rift Valley in Kenya, Africa (in case you didn't know where that was).

IO SAID I was amused by certain people, assumingthey can say garbage, and cover it by playing the "your ancestors left Africa 150,000 years before mine" card.

Let me spell that out a little plainer for you since you seem to have difficulty.

The Afro Pretentious Movement wrote: "Hi I'm special because MY Ancestors left Africa by boat 2-300 years ago, while yours left on foot 150,000 years ago and went a funny washed out colour, so you are forbidden to disagree with me when I spout factually questionable propaganda!" 

Outstanding example of factually questionable propaganda. doubtless backed by the kind of website that proclaims

"Eureka! The Albinos have finally admitted where they come from!" http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/White_people.htm

while claiming  that Europe is the Ancestral home of Black people, and then denigrates the idea of paler skin in northern latitudes due to vitamin D by claiming cases of Rickets  as proving this a 'lie' when in fact, Humans produce Vit D from sunlight, and its Vit C that's involved in Rickets.

Now regardless of your position on the validity of vitamin D as a cause of pale skin in Caucasians, fraudulently claiming Rickets caused by Vitamin D and that SuperBlacks (tm) don't need this vitamin, is moronically stupid racist propaganda.

Oh and you know that humans have existed in Central and Northern Europe for MORE than 8,000 years right?

Ohof course, those pre 8,000 year Europeans were all BLACK, like the Chinese... Yup another Classic Afro-Pretentious Propaganda Quote coming up.

"It is also not known why the Aryans/Arians would hazard a return to lands that they originally found inhospitable because of the intense Sunshine. Perhaps over the tens-of-thousands of years that they spent in Central Asia, they were able to acquire a "Fixed" degree of Melanination through crossbreeding with the Blacks in China and Eastern Europe who surrounded them"

How about this fine example of Afro-Pretentious Bull Manure.

"The earliest Black European writing, that we know about, is the Linear A script which first appeared in Crete (the Middle Minoan period (1700 - 1550 BC). After the Whites invaded (circa 1,200 B.C.), all writing STOPPED!"

Actually, Minoan Art doesn't seem to depict them as 'Black' and their civilisation's major setback in about 1250 was the island of Santorini about 80 miles north, detonating like a colossal bomb, utterly destroying their major naval base there and sending a devastating tsunami crashing against the coast of Crete, but...

Hey, what are a few facts between friends when you have the chance to spout fact free Afro-Pretentious racist propaganda against the hated 'Albino Honky Crackers', right?

Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling past the ad homenins, strawmen, and other assorted fluff fiction..

Nothing I've said has been racist, so you can peddle that crap elsewhere - nor do I use racist terminology. As a matter a fact, I abhor racist bigots such as yourself, and hateful people in general. You offer nothing of substance to humanity and the only thing you bring to the table is an overflowing cornucopia of divisive foolishness, which is wrapped up tightly in your own arrogance, and steeped in abject intolerance.

You can quite literally say that my family is an ethnic rainbow of different colors, cultures, and creeds - there is no room for hatred. I don't subscribe to any dogma which dictates that one race or group of people is somehow better or above another. But apparently, you seem to think that your viewpoint is the only valid viewpoint, and it is not. You also seem totally oblivious to the complete and utter garbage that you continuously spew. Well, I just pointed it out to you, so now you know. What you choose to do about it (if anything) is solely up to you.

I respond back, you reveal your true nature, that's how it goes.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I always check ,Other,just for the fun of it..

Seriously though,my intentions were sincere with the music..It's very good music and video..It felt very tense in here..:ph34r:

hehehehe

I love relaxing music. Native American flutes, Gregorian chanting, anything really. I think the only tense one here is that miserable creature posting above us who is triggered by hyphens. LOL

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

I don't have a 'problem' with black Americans or black people. 

I DO have a problem with ignorant people calmly spouting fact free racist propaganda, on the assumption that because it's directed at caucasians, it's somehow 'acceptable' and 'justified'.

You have spouted BS about the meaning of a French word, claimed non-black people didn't exist before 8000 years ago, and shown a poor grasp of the English language, that appears to be based on you hating the colour of the people who invented it.

You openly display racist views, and that is your problem.

ROFL,

Your failed deflection tactics don't work here. You should have attempted to paint me as a "racist" like 3 or 4, possibly 5 responses ago, you may have been a bit more believable then. Don't wait until I point out your glaring racial intolerance to play that childish tit for tat game. Everyone already sees through you.

Oh and you should really look up Creoles of color. We are a recognized group in Louisiana and have been for centuries. Your continual spouting off about French/Spanish Creoles doesn't change that fact, nor does it change what is defined as a "Creole of color" or "Black Creoles". Since you're a Google/Wikipedia scholar, here's some reading for your enjoyment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creoles_of_color

• Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 11:14 PM, clivesteel said:

IMO - there should be NO race or gender 'bending' (what a disgusting term) on SL. 

Linden Lab should INSIST on passport details when accepting a new user and his/her alts. Then, in future, if anyone wants to query, they should be able to contact the Lab and ask for the ethnicity and gender of any person.

IT IS NOT INVASION OF PRIVACY FOR LL TO SAY "THIS IS ACTUALLY A WHITE MALE" if someone is presenting on SL as BLACK FEMALE.

And if anyone disagrees with this - I urge others to look into what they have to hide!!!

It is, of course, already open to you to contact LL to ask them this sort of thing, so I don't see the problem.

They may well reply on the lines of "why on earth do you expect us to keep such records and how is it any of your business anyway?" but you lose nothing by asking.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.