Race bending in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

59 minutes ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

The article that I posted to her was directly from Science mag. Which she ignorantly quoted as 'racist propaganda'. :D I didn't think that I needed to spell out to her that due to a colder climate, dietary changes, and evolution, the people who lived in the Northern Latitudes began producing less melanin which enabled them to better absorb vitamin D.  Perhaps I was affording her too much credit? Yet, pointing out natural evolutionary changes is considered "racist' to her.  When all is said and done, we're all human in  the end. Well, maybe except her. She may actually be some alien species, previously unknown to man.

I said exactly nothing about the article in Science magazine as that website wouldnt load a readable page in my browser.

I have NEVER denied the Vitamin D hypothesis, or evolutionary theory, EVER, in fact I was for many years a Moderator on a number of anti Creationist forums and chatrooms, where I regularly slapped down the forc es of science hating bigotry.

You assumed I didn't accept the rift valley in Africa as the cradle of humanity, because YOU were too lazy to actually READ a post before spouting crap at it.

Lets deal with your links

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/04/how-europeans-evolved-white-skin

No Comment, article not readable on my browser.

https://www.livescience.com/7863-people-white.html

This ones fun, it mentions the very common Vit-D hypothesis, but makes this comment.

In our opinion the vitamin D hypothesis is one of the most likely hypotheses responsible for skin lightening, although there still is no consensus about it,”

Maybe you should TRY reading the pages you link before claiming they support you.

It also mentions 'sexual attrraction' and my personal favorite, the 'eating cereals' hypothesis, which is funny as more northerly climates and lower crop yeails meant more reliance on meat and fish, which would counter the idea.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/how-europeans-evolved-to-have-white-skin-starting-from-around-8000-years-ago-10160120.html

Now this is... ODD. It's just a short piece in a newspaper, designed to rouse interest without actually boring it's readers with too much technical detail. The article names the two Harvard scientists apparently responsible for the discovery, based on 7,500 year old bodies from Sweden, thus claiming a figure lower than yours. However, checking the publication history of the two scientists on their official Harvard webpages, one appears not to have published anything on this topic at all and the other, worked on a paper that suggests an older date for 'white people', at least reading the preview of the paper. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color

This, this has a number of different ages for 'whites' from 40,000, to 20,000, to 18,000, to 8,000 to 6,000, including what are apparently references to the first linked article, the one that wouldn't load for me. This page certainly does NOT whole heartedly support your 'no whites before 8,000' claim .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_skin

The only reference to the 'age of white people' on this page is a reference to a 7000 year old body from Spain, having dark skin, and that some Southern Europeans may have joined the white club a little latter than others.

And then the bulk of the '8k whites' websites, the crazy Afro-pretentious ones that talk about 'albinos' stealing the Original Black European's Historical Heritage

So, next time you try to prove a point with a handful of weblinks, do TRY and ensure that they at least agree with each other as well as with you..

When practically every link claims different conclusions, or no conclusions at all, it makes your claim look, well, weak. Especially when the only sites that consistently agree with you are the ones you didn't link, the ones that are pure tinfoil hjat wearing anti white racist propaganda.

Oh. PS, Somebody resprayed their boyfriend black, if it wasn't you  I apologise for THAT mistaken attribution.

4 minutes ago, mikka Luik said:

Joined the 'white club'. I think that says it all.

Well I could have pasted thew actual comment from the Spanish scientist about some southern Europeans gaining the pale skin genes later than othrs, but Ms Afro-Pretentious, the one who denies the existence of non black Creoles and all that, doesn't like 'quotes' from linked sites, presumably because she can never find the ones that say what she wants.

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

I said exactly nothing about the article in Science magazine as that website wouldnt load a readable page in my browser.

I have NEVER denied the Vitamin D hypothesis, or evolutionary theory, EVER, in fact I was for many years a Moderator on a number of anti Creationist forums and chatrooms, where I regularly slapped down the forc es of science hating bigotry.

You assumed I didn't accept the rift valley in Africa as the cradle of humanity, because YOU were too lazy to actually READ a post before spouting crap at it.

Lets deal with your links

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/04/how-europeans-evolved-white-skin

No Comment, article not readable on my browser.

https://www.livescience.com/7863-people-white.html

This ones fun, it mentions the very common Vit-D hypothesis, but makes this comment.

In our opinion the vitamin D hypothesis is one of the most likely hypotheses responsible for skin lightening, although there still is no consensus about it,”

Maybe you should TRY reading the pages you link before claiming they support you.

It also mentions 'sexual attrraction' and my personal favorite, the 'eating cereals' hypothesis, which is funny as more northerly climates and lower crop yeails meant more reliance on meat and fish, which would counter the idea.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/how-europeans-evolved-to-have-white-skin-starting-from-around-8000-years-ago-10160120.html

Now this is... ODD. It's just a short piece in a newspaper, designed to rouse interest without actually boring it's readers with too much technical detail. The article names the two Harvard scientists apparently responsible for the discovery, based on 7,500 year old bodies from Sweden, thus claiming a figure lower than yours. However, checking the publication history of the two scientists on their official Harvard webpages, one appears not to have published anything on this topic at all and the other, worked on a paper that suggests an older date for 'white people', at least reading the preview of the paper. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color

This, this has a number of different ages for 'whites' from 40,000, to 20,000, to 18,000, to 8,000 to 6,000, including what are apparently references to the first linked article, the one that wouldn't load for me. This page certainly does NOT whole heartedly support your 'no whites before 8,000' claim .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_skin

The only reference to the 'age of white people' on this page is a reference to a 7000 year old body from Spain, having dark skin, and that some Southern Europeans may have joined the white club a little latter than others.

And then the bulk of the '8k whites' websites, the crazy Afro-pretentious ones that talk about 'albinos' stealing the Original Black European's Historical Heritage

So, next time you try to prove a point with a handful of weblinks, do TRY and ensure that they at least agree with each other as well as with you..

When practically every link claims different conclusions, or no conclusions at all, it makes your claim look, well, weak. Especially when the only sites that consistently agree with you are the ones you didn't link, the ones that are pure tinfoil hjat wearing anti white racist propaganda.

Oh. PS, Somebody resprayed their boyfriend black, if it wasn't you  I apologise for THAT mistaken attribution.

I didn't ASSume anything. YOU were the one who's been making ASSumptions throughout this entire thread. Not only making assumptions, but outright lying. Nowhere did I say that the first people out of Africa were black skinned, you jumped to that conclusion. Then you posted this garbage, in which you further made the assumption that I believed it:

"Eureka! The Albinos have finally admitted where they come from!"http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/White_people.htm

while claiming  that Europe is the Ancestral home of Black people, and then denigrates the idea of paler skin in northern latitudes due to vitamin D by claiming cases of Rickets  as proving this a 'lie' when in fact, Humans produce Vit D from sunlight, and its Vit C that's involved in Rickets.

Now regardless of your position on the validity of vitamin D as a cause of pale skin in Caucasians, fraudulently claiming Rickets caused by Vitamin D and that SuperBlacks (tm) don't need this vitamin, is moronically stupid racist propaganda.

Then you wrongly made the ASSumption that I felt the word "creole" was exclusive to blacks and those of African descent from my region by posting this:

You still seem to be assuming that the word Creole is some exclusive preserve of your home area and your self identified 'ethnicity', I suggest you look the word up on a non Afro-Pretentious source, there are quote 'creole' cultures that are NOTHING to do with Africa or America.

Until of course, I posted an article for you to read on Creoles of color and black creoles in Louisiana. You haven't posted one verifiable link to me which proves anything that you've said. You've sat here ranting and moaning about Afro this, Afro that, blacks this, blacks that, Americans this, Americans that without putting forth even the slightest shred of proof or evidence to back up ANY of your claims. It's only been one emotional meltdown after another coming from your direction with a good deal of projection, hypocrisy, and bigotry tossed in for good measure.

Not to mention YOU were the one who initiated a search for 'the origins of white people'. I searched for "The evolution of human skin color" and "How did lighter skin color develop?" So don't attribute that to me, when you were the one who took it upon yourself to Google that phrase. But what can we seriously expect from someone who freely tosses around words like honky and cracker? :D

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Like 2

Klytyna, Kristen is not racist because she reads some science here or there and references it -- the science is unsettled.
Nor is she 'Afro-Pretentious' or feeling superior as a person of color because does or does not understand the meaning of the word 'creole'.

What you are doing here is intellectual bullsh*t, and none of it matters.
Google 'racist people at Walmart' to see what people of color deal with in the US every day, and learn what a racist is, and learn what you should be putting your energy toward.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

Well I could have pasted thew actual comment from the Spanish scientist about some southern Europeans gaining the pale skin genes later than othrs, but Ms Afro-Pretentious, the one who denies the existence of non black Creoles and all that, doesn't like 'quotes' from linked sites, presumably because she can never find the ones that say what she wants.

29 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

Again you lie. Do you not realize that everyone reading this thread can go back and see precisely what was posted? Nowhere anywhere in this thread did I deny 'the existence of non black Creoles;. To the contrary, you sat here and tried to deny the existence of Creoles of color by claiming that it was something that the "Afro-Pretentious" made up.

Not sure where you get the idea that 'Creole' is exclusively 'Culturally African".

You seem to pick your definition of Creole to suit your ideology rather than the facts, The term is NOT exclusively 'African' , there are 'Creole' Cultures that have nothing to do with West Africa, being more connected with Spain, Portugal and France .

Once again, this is you jumping to conclusions, based on your own biased viewpoint. You take what others have said and twist it until it becomes an unrecognizable parody of the truth. And when you can't twist what's been said, you outright lie or fill in the blanks with whatever suits you. I've seen you attack people who were in agreement with you, because you thought they were mocking you. You do seem to suffer from some type of  acute persecution complex as if all of the "bad ol' black people" - oh, pardon me "Afro-Pretentious" are out to get you or something. LOL 

Geez lady, can you come down off of the rafters now? You've been up there for quite a while now and you seem to be on the verge of falling.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Klytyna, Kristen is not racist because she reads some science here or there and references it -- the science is unsettled.
Nor is she 'Afro-Pretentious' or feeling superior as a person of color because does or does not understand the meaning of the word 'creole'.

Google 'racist people at Walmart' to see what people of color deal with in the US every day, and learn what a racist is, and learn what you should be putting your energy toward.

Thanks Luna, and ftr I do know the definition of Creole, but as evidenced in this thread  - it was she who tried to deny the existence of Creoles of color, by trying to assert  that it was some made up movement by the "Afro-Pretentious" to claim the word as their own, when I never indicated anything of the sort.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Poke him in the face for instant enlightenment.

I couple years ago, I found this gal shuffling down the middle of a bridge in the dark..

Turtle.thumb.jpg.210aa27626562025a1121fe687630b68.jpg

Head-to-tail, she's about two feet long. I've had experience with these things before, the mouth is only half the danger. That tail moves like a whip!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Google 'racist people at Walmart' to see what people of color deal with in the US every day,

Two good points. The first - 'nuff said.

The second - Yes but it rather frames the whole in a US only view. As much as I might give a thumbs up to Doctor King, outside it seems nothing has changed much. The groups shift but..

On a personal note, my rather mongrel family can agree on one shared experience - Agicourt Day. As records show we were present on at least four sides. Also some of my Thai side are rather involved in - things. World is a big place. My SL is too. Oh yes - here I self identify as a Siam/Coon cross but always wanted to be ginger (ref Greebo).

On Turtles - shocked me to bits to find one MidWinter in an outdoor pool in Lund, Sweden.... I almost dropped my felefel.

Edited by mikka Luik
Turtles:)
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

The mouth is only half the danger. That tail moves like a whip!

I am pretty sure that tail doesn't move fast enough to remove your finger

12 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Nope, but even when you've grabbed her properly by the shell, that tail can reach you, and it hurts.

ETA: I think most people where I live are aware that turtles can bite and so stay away from the head. It's the tail that catches them by surprise, or at least me when I was young.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I forgot, it was December and anything that is armoured and swimming has my respect. Hell, the sparrows up here run in squadrons. Dawn, I have the urge to hum something along the lines of the RAF etc every dawn.. now there was a multi wossname effort. Sorry, honourary uncle was a wingco then. Dead now.

:) and still trying to get my partner a flight in either a Viggen (drool) or a Spit for their birthday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Nope, but even when you've grabbed her properly by the shell, that tail can reach you, and it hurts.

Just don't hold it to close to your side

sn_tail.jpg.97b7c0f97e272fb70b0369c1e0d233a7.jpg

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

How do we know George is a snapping turtle and not just pretending to be one?

Species bender!!!

George is the great pretender..

He pretended he wasn't going to grow from the ,floating upside down in the river, smaller than a quarter, half dead turtle he was when I found him.

Then he pretended he liked turtle food

Pretended he was a mean and vicious creature

And finally, he pretended he wasn't going to go back to the river earlier this month when he was returned from whence he came...

He just this past May turned 5-ish, and his shell alone was nearly two feet wide(*that pic was from two years ago, lol), and when fully stretched he looked like some kind of weird dinosaur..he was amazing, intelligent for a snapper(they're not known for their brains), and oddly knew when to be gentle and when not to. I'm happy we were able to help him when he was a wee one, grow to love him, fix his wounds and give him time to heal, help him learn to acclimate to his normal environment over the last year, and return him to where he belongs. We've seen him a couple of times since we took him back home, because it's an area we frequent anyway(we like to wander) He'll come right to me if we go down to the area and he's around, he'll even nudge our hands(but damn is he amazing at catching fish, he almost "seems" vicious, lol). He also seem to have a misses now, or at least another turtle that follows him everywhere, it might be his slave, I'm not sure. 

Edited by Tari Landar
Added some info :p
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

George is the great pretender..

It's been so wet lately I'm expecting to see monsters like George in my yard. I've had to move dinner plate sized turtles off the road a half dozen times in my life, but I've never found one on my property. It's nice that he recognizes you. And, as I'm sure you know, one of the dangers of anthropomorphizing is that we attribute things like "viciousness" to creatures that just aren't smart enough to pull it off. They're just doing what they do.

And you know that George's missus follows him because of animal magnetism.

;-).

ETA: Now that I think of it, humans might be vicious because we aren't smart enough not to pull it off.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

Sorry Pam but Dunkirk was a loss. I really do not care for a US re-imagining. As my wide spread family also has those who did not come back.

Oh mea culpa - bits (my immediate) did BEF and DD and homeguard. I should have said.

34 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It's been so wet lately I'm expecting to see monsters like George in my yard. I've had to move dinner plate sized turtles off the road a half dozen times in my life, but I've never found one on my property. It's nice that he recognizes you. And, as I'm sure you know, one of the dangers of anthropomorphizing is that we attribute things like "viciousness" to creatures that just aren't smart enough to pull it off. They're just doing what they do.

And you know that George's missus follows him because of animal magnetism.

;-).

ETA: Now that I think of it, humans might be vicious because we aren't smart enough not to pull it off.

It's so cute to watch him come up out of the water when we get there, as if to say "hi". But, yes, animals just do what animals do, no matter what we want to attribute it to, lol. Just like he can be a typical snapper and tear into a fish in seconds when hungry, but won't mess with the smaller turtles around him. It's a bit unusual for a snapper, they tend to go after anything smaller, especially other turtles (and anything larger too for that matter, they're not very selective, but very efficient, lol), but it's still very much him doing what turtles do. 

On a related note..we once found a hermann's  tortoise in our back yard. They are not from anywhere around here, of course, clearly he escaped from his home. It took us four months to figure out where he belonged, and he was almost 30 miles from his home. I have no clue how he got here, but he had been missing for almost a year. That was an interesting find, and we get loads of wildlife here. Some of which end up in our home :P Not long after we found George we found a garter snake in trouble(was cut), and we rehabbed it, got a vet capable of taking care of reptiles to treat it too. We named it Steve, but it turned out she was more of a Stevie, since she had babies, lol. We had her for a year before we put her back where she came from. She still lives in the backyard, somewhere, we see her every now and again, a couple of times with babies.  We have a habit of trying to help creatures in trouble :)  Which brings me right back to why I posted George in the first place....I saw a creature in trouble in this thread :P 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikka Luik said:

Sorry Pam but Dunkirk was a loss. I really do not care for a US re-imagining. As my wide spread family also has those who did not come back.

Oh mea culpa - bits (my immediate) did BEF and DD and homeguard. I should have said.

Christopher Nolan is British /American, and the cast includes the very best U.K. actors. I hope the movie will do for Dunkirk what Saving Private Ryan did for D Day -- because the greatest moments in history are being forgotten. Like, how Britain saved civilization by standing alone for a time against the Nazis. And never giving up. Not just the military, but the people.

As exemplified by Dunkirk. 

Waiting for a Battle of Britain movie.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.