Viewers not working

hippychip Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been using Black Dragon for awhile and its always worked wonderfully. However, I got on today and it only loads to 40%, then completely stops. I've tried several things to fix it including Restarting computer, uninstalling and reinstalling, I even downloaded Firestorm and it did the same, wouldn't load past 40%. So it must be on my end. It worked fine last I used it, yesterday. I dont know what happend, or how to fix it, but I need SL in my life like meow!! ><

3 answers to this question

Where exactly are the viewers getting stuck?  Before you get to the login screen (at Initializing VFS maybe?) or actually during the login process?
What do you see on the viewer screen when it hangs?
It's hard to say without seeing your viewer logs what could be wrong.
To rule out a region problem, try logging in directly to a couple of different regions - a region with caps problem can cause the viewer to hang during login.
To rule out an account specific inventory problem which can also cause login time outs, try logging in with an alt.
Also reboot the computer & power off your router/cable modem for a couple of mins & see if that helps.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
Typos

11 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Where exactly are the viewers getting stuck?  Before you get to the login screen (at Initializing VFS maybe?) or actually during the login process?
What do you see on the viewer screen when it hangs?
It's hard to say without seeing your viewer logs what could be wrong.
To rule out a region problem, try logging in directly to a couple of different regions - a region with caps problem can cause the viewer to hang during login.
To rule out an account specific inventory problem which can also cause login time outs, try logging in with an alt.
Also reboot the computer & power off your router/cable modem for a couple of mins & see if that helps.

I got it to work. I don't know what was wrong, it just let me login after I tried it for the 100th time. Lol. Thank you though!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NovaLeighNation said:

I got it to work. I don't know what was wrong, it just let me login after I tried it for the 100th time.

Sometimes it just takes the right curse, or the right tone of desperation in your voice.  B|

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.