Unable to buy Lindens

hotcuddlybear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Have you ever bought lindens before?  If so, has anything changed with your payment method?  If not, what type of payment method are you trying to use?

Note that we are not SL Support - we are just other residents here to try helping.

Possibly read through this:

• Like 3

In progress - Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.
May 30, 09:30 PDT
Scheduled - We will be performing scheduled maintenance on our billing system Tuesday, May 30th beginning at approximately 9:30 AM PDT. While this maintenance is in progress, our billing services, including LindeX and Marketplace, may not be available. Credit card processing may be affected during this time as well. Please check this blog for updates.
  • Like 3

Im sorry i can't find where to write what i want to ask. I have been trying to buy lindens as i always do and it says i have gone over my limit. What can I do please to change this???

• Moderators
16 hours ago, JD33 said:

Im sorry i can't find where to write what i want to ask. I have been trying to buy lindens as i always do and it says i have gone over my limit. What can I do please to change this???

Hello JD33!

You can review your Limits on your Second Life Account, located here:

https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits 

If you are reaching your limits, please submit a Support Case and Linden Lab will be happy to review your Billing and Trading history for a possible limit increase.

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

When submitting a case for a Tier Review, please use the case creation options Billing - LindeX Billing and Trading Limits Review Request.

Thank you!

• Like 2

In addition to Dakota's excellent (and official) advice:

1.  Have you only recently made your first $L purchase with this account?  Purchase limits are kept low for the first week after your initial purchase, as a means to prevent fraudulent transactions.  The limit increases quickly after that initial period.

2.  Since you say you are trying to buy $L "as I always do", you may not be having the above problem.  Since the standard purchase limits are quite generous, then unless you have recently bought something like $2,000 USD worth of $L, you should check your transaction log and charges to your payment method.  Perhaps your account has been compromised and someone else has been using it to buy $L.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.