No inventory

OkamiTheWolf99

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, OkamiTheWolf99 said:

Ok so I havent logged on in about a year or so and I just built a computer. I was told that my inventory would transfer over but I have nothing. Was I lied to? Or am I not doing something

erm.. who told your inventory would be there?.... your computer guy?...

Your inventory is never on your own computer, only a shadow copy is for faster acess.

Just be patient, go to a empty sim and see if the inventory loads.

It's always possible to have a inventory loss when you didn't log in in a very long time, often just a matter of patience before it's loaded again.

You haven't given us much to go on. While Alwin's answer is likely correct, it is incomplete.

Were you a Premium Member? If so, did you have to request the account be reinstated?

Are you thinking the inventory is tied to your email address? Inventory is for a specific avatar. If you opened a new account, no inventory. Or at least not more than the basic new user inventory. Are you saying the Library in inventory isn't there?

Have you reset the Inventory Filters? Are you looking at the Recent tab?

So, we are guessing...

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Adding to...

7 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You haven't given us much to go on. While Alwin's answer is likely correct, it is incomplete.

Were you a Premium Member? If so, did you have to request the account be reinstated?

Are you thinking the inventory is tied to your email address? Inventory is for a specific avatar. If you opened a new account, no inventory. Or at least not more than the basic new user inventory. Are you saying the Library in inventory isn't there?

Have you reset the Inventory Filters? Are you looking at the Recent tab?

So, we are guessing...

Ok Let me dive into the details. About a year and a half ago I made an account and became a premium member, but after about 3 months I stopped playing and just didnt sign on. When I logged in on my new computer it didnt ask me for anything. also i only had 1 avatar.

18 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

erm.. who told your inventory would be there?.... your computer guy?...

Your inventory is never on your own computer, only a shadow copy is for faster acess.

Just be patient, go to a empty sim and see if the inventory loads.

It's always possible to have a inventory loss when you didn't log in in a very long time, often just a matter of patience before it's loaded again.

Ok i guess i should have specified that they said everything is saved server side

5 minutes ago, OkamiTheWolf99 said:

About a year and a half ago I made an account and became a premium member, but after about 3 months I stopped playing and just didnt sign on.

Since you were able to log in, that implies you either maintained the Premium membership during that time or properly cancelled it so that the billing for it did not go into arrears (LL will confiscate accounts in arrears).  If you are still Premium, then I'd start with Live Chat:  https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

If you closed off your payment method, the Lab would close the account on the renewal date as there was no way to pay the renewal. I am assuming the account you are logged in with is not the original Premium account that had your inventory.

To get that account you will need to contact Accounting and see if they will/can recover that account. I think there is a small charge for that. But, you should get your inventory back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.