Object Placement (warning: total newbie

Perplexedboss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am a new premium member and have been having problems with object placement in my house. Sometimes furniture or other objects appear from my inventory upside down or facing the wrong way and I have no idea how to manipulate them to put them in the right order in  my home. I would appreciate any help or ideas of how to learn.

5 answers to this question

right click on it, hit edit, then in the box that pops up select rotate. You will see three large circles on your object, you can click on a circle and turn it causing the object to turn, and this is a good way to turn a chair around to point the way you want it, but another way, which is often better is to click the second tab across the center of that edit box that popped up, that will give you some boxes with numbers, under rotate you will have three boxes, fine the one with the same color as the circle you want to turn and type a degree number in it. to turn an object completely around type 180 for 180 degrees, Of course this assumes that the boxes all start out at 0, which they may not, if say the box says 90, and you want it turned totally around then you must type 270. You can also move objects, either by pushing or pulling the arrows that appear when you hit move. or changing the numbers in the corresponding boxes. Be warned however typing the wrong number can move you object very far away instantaneously. And you can sometimes stretch objects depending on the object and what it's creator has allowed. 

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1

Welcome to Second Life.  That's a great name.  One of the joys of this place is that we each have basic tools to help us shape our own environment and create objects.  When you get a chance,. I recommend using your map view (accessed from the MAP icon on the task bar at the bottom of your screen) to find Caledon Oxbridge University, where there is an excellent set of tutorials to help answer many of your burning questions and teach you some basic skills.  Meanwhile, the Knowledge Base (accessed from the tab at the top of this page) can give you a head start.  The page you want right now is this one:

Feel free to post questions here as well, of course, but I encourage you to get in the habit of consulting the Knowledge Base first.  :)

I don't know if  I am doing this right......i want to thank Tallgur for her excellent instructions for placing objects in my home. It worked perfectly! And to Rolig Loon, thank you for the advice about Caledon Oxbridge University, I will absolutely utilize  it!

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 1:54 AM, Perplexedboss said:

I don't know if  I am doing this right......i want to thank Tallgur for her excellent instructions for placing objects in my home. It worked perfectly! And to Rolig Loon, thank you for the advice about Caledon Oxbridge University, I will absolutely utilize  it!

There isn't a lot of right and wrong in SL. There is what works and what doesn't.

If you want to be sure they see your thanks you can type @ then type a space then their name. A drop down will appear so you can select their name. Otherwise, Rolig is good at follow up, so she'll see your thanks as written.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.