land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never had a Linden Home on my end, but you should be able to manage it from your dashboard, at https://secondlife.com/my/account/membership.php?lang=en-US .

However, there is no free piece of land waiting for you for free. You will have to get around the Mainland continents inworld or browse the land sale ads in this forum or on the Marketplace for suitable plots of Mainland. The plots will have a price upfront, x L$ per squaremeter depending mostly depending on the seller's idea of "worth". 

Land can be a very though and tricky subject... make sure to read, read and read proper guides and user explanations to get the hang of it.

When in your house, click the land/house name at the top and then click Abandon Land on the General tab.  That releases the house. 

You would then have to buy land.  Most land is in sizes that are a multiple of 512 sqm and you pay tier (monthly taxes) to LL.  LL gives you 512 sqm tier as part of your Premium membership, so you only actually have to pay more if you get a piece of land larger than 512.

One other way to see land for sale that Lillith didn't mention -- call up the large map inworld, uncheck most of the stuff in the upper right, but do check "Land Sale".  Then move the map around, zooming in and out, looking for yellow plots with $ on them.  You can then TP to plots to check them out.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I found all my properties by using the sl search tool inworld and searching the web under "land & rentals" and then clicking "view all land & rentals". Here you have the option of narrowing property searches by whether or not to rent or buy, and by size plot and linden amount to spend. I always found this to be the easiest and quickest way to find exactly what i wanted. And you can also tp right to them as well.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.