Fiore Mesh Head Lips and Makeup Layers are Blurry!

MissSophie Menna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, 

I am having an issue with my Fiore Bento Mesh Head, Alura that I recently purchased. For some odd reason, the makeup layers onto the head are extremely blurry when applying Lipstick or Eyeshadow to the head, but everything else seem to work perfectly. I am using a Macbook Air 13 inch laptop and I never seemed to have any issues with rendering before regarding any other mesh by Fiore or another creator. Also, I have been looking for the answer regarding this issue and has tried everything such as using the Debug settings within the Advanced menu. With that being said, I have found other threads talking about issues with texture blurriness but nothing regarding a mesh head. I have tried to play around with RenderTextureMemoryMultiple TextureFetchConcurrency and MeshMaxConcurrentRequests. Also, i have attempted to higher my Texture Memory Buffer in the hardware settings which for me, was set to 512 by default but i move it to its highest which is 768mb. I did find a solution to this issue.. and the only thing that seemed to work was the debug setting TextureLoadFullRes to TRUE, but i turned it off because i did not want to risk any further issues regarding my experiences on Secondlife Firestorm viewer or any memory damage it could cause. Here is a picture with how the textures look onto my lips as I apply the lipstick applier:

https://gyazo.com/7e470fb1433734a19a614a3b15ef0ea3

With that being said, I have tried to texture refresh my head numerous amounts of times, and clear cache multiple times. I literally have tried everything. 

Here is a picture of what the texture looks like once i enabled TextureLoadFullRes to TRUE: 

https://gyazo.com/5a2d0048979e5f4da3f92c884ad4f755

This has been the ONLY debug setting that I have used that actually fixed the problem. Unfortunately, I will not use it because it is not recommended. 

Please, if anyone can help me with this issue it would mean a lot because I have tried everything and nothing has seemed to work! 

Thank you

• 2 months later...

I´ve experienced a very similar problem regarding the eyeshadow and make up function...it is often enough blurry as you described it....You can see it quite well on pics. I am a windows user so not a MAC user like you but have tried nearly everything too. The really only thing that fixed it for me is to apply the make up...then remove the head fully...and put it back on...in most cases it fixed the problem but I´m sure you might have tried that already if not perhaps give it a chance. Indeed no other mesh head is causing a similar problem also not the old fiore none bento heads. 

Another problem I keep experiencing is that the eyes go literally "out of control" (quite looks as if someone knocked you on the head :P)....no matter how often I lock them via the hud. Is that a problem you observed too or anyone knows a fix for that? (other than buying a different head ofc. ;)...I really like this one, it´s different)...

@MissSophie MennaI haven't experienced anything like that with my Fiore Bento head, but I'm wondering if there is something you're wearing that is really high in complexity that could be potentially causing the issue. I've experienced this even with my Catwa head. I'd suggest stripping down your avi (remove piercings, hair, tattoo's, etc), clear cache, and then relog into a quiet sim. See if the issue still persists.

@Mysti Nowles The last update Fiore did on the head should have resolved the issue you're describing. If you're sure you have the latest version (version 1.4), take a look at the HUD. Outside of "eye lock" there is I believe an eye AO button that should fix the issue. I am not in world at the moment to check, but as I remember there was an additional button I used to correct the issue. Sorry for not being a bit more specific, but it isn't my main head.

Hi hi Chase and ty for your helpful reply! Yes, indeed I have the newest update and tried the setting your recommended. However, the moment you go and sit on a chair or for instance you jump on a "dance ball"...your eyes are getting a mess once again. So I have to keep using the "lock" function. Has that been for you the case too or once you used the "eye lock" it was fully fine, no matter?

Once I used the updated head and eye AO, the issue was resolved. It sounds like it might be an animation priority issue of some kind, but I am not entirely sure.

At this point, I'd suggest contacting the creator. Her name is Sanya Bilvaio. Perhaps she might know what is causing your issue.

I am pretty disappointed with all of the issues and some of the general features it lacks. It is a beautiful face however.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.