Sign in to follow this  
xxChloe

XTC genitals don't look right

I've bought VAW XTC genitals for my Maitreya body, but they look awkward. I couldn't position them right, no matter how much I tried. Skin tones don't match to the body, either. I'm terrible at editing which might be the cause of the problem. I'm so disappointed and regret buying them. Can someone assist me?

My female ex-alt has those and is quite happy with them for reasons I can't mention on the forum, but they did need a lot of editing to have them look seamless. The end result after all the editing seemed passable. (but, what would I know, I am male in real life)

As a suggestion you could find someone skilled in editing and jump on a pose stand, and rez the genitals, having them match the colour and size for you, after which you take them back and wear them, and do a little editing to get them into the perfect position.

If you do decide to change, there is also the option of a skin that includes the said parts and invisible scripted genitals.

• Like 1

You can literally forget about drawn-on private parts on a skin applier for a mesh body.

Compared to a certain other competitor in that field, the VAW bits seem to be more comfortable to edit, based on what I heard. Pasting a comment by a good colleague of mine using these bits:

There should be two versions in your inventory. One version ends with an i ... that one has an alpha blending texture, fading out the attachment for a "smoother transition" to the belly. I personally prefer the non-alpha bit, but give it a try which one might work better on your shape.

You'll have over 80 textures to choose from for the outer bits. That's a quite a bit to browse, but you can end up with a surprisingly close tone.
In worst case, the whole bit could be tinted via the SL edit tools, but that'll most likely end in a very plastic looking appearance.

A pose stand with the option of a "spread legs" pose helps a lot! Firestorm's built in posing tool offers such a pose, for example.
And a neutral windlight preset, of course.

Plus my advice: Before you do any editing, keep a fresh copy of the original state. 

PS: What's an ex-alt? Did she get a life of her own? O.o

• Like 2