How much is 1L$ worth?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, myfriendismary said:

wow...I never knew that L$ was so cheap. PS: what sell limit? (i'm a newbie)

it's not worth the sell, and even impossible for 30L.. you need a transaction value of at least 2.50 usd, and you need at least worth of 10 usd + transfer fees before you can start a process credit to paypal or skrill.

Also.. if you never bought L$ you can sell nothing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's not worth the sell, and even impossible for 30L.. you need a transaction value of at least 2.50 usd, and you need at least worth of 10 usd + transfer fees before you can start a process credit to paypal or skrill.

Also.. if you never bought L$ you can sell nothing.

wait...so you can't sell if you don't buy? So what if I buy tons of L$ and then just sell it? 

34 minutes ago, myfriendismary said:

wait...so you can't sell if you don't buy? So what if I buy tons of L$ and then just sell it? 

Then you'll probably loose some money since LL charges you a 3.5% transaction fee every time you seell your Lindens for dollars.

That is, it is actually possible to make money buying and seelling Lindens. If you work hard and both buy and sell at the best possible rates (best possible for you that is), you can easily make a dollar, maybe even two dollars, a month that way. ;)

Edit: What Alwin actually meant is thatyou are not allowed to sell Lindens unless Linden Lab has confirmed payment data for you. That is at some point you must have bouhgt something from them and paid with RL money. You only have to do that once though.

Edited by ChinRey
Editing
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, myfriendismary said:

You'll lose money. That's why there are fees - it would be idiotic for Linden Lab to set up a system that would allow you to have a net gain from buying and selling Lindens.

The ability to sell Lindens is meant for people who can create enough business within Second Life that it's worth it for Linden Lab to pay them in real-world cash. There are people who make their real-life living from Second Life.

However, they're not the sorts of people who think that accumulating L$30 is a big thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, myfriendismary said:

You can buy L$ or you can pay for a Premium membership or you can buy something from the Marketplace and use the "More payment options" at checkout to specify a credit card or PayPal account.  In other words, as ChinRey said, you must have paid for something using RL money.  That then starts a 30-day clock which must count down before you can sell L$ and 'Process Credit' (take the money out of SL).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.