ADULT* third leg problem

TheMasterD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello ! 

Recently i started playing SL more actively and started exploring and doing everything a bit, but today i bought mesh packs, which i have no problems with,

but i recently bought a ***** and it kind of hovers from my body? it's not realy attached to it, it's just floating there. 1/2inch from my body.
i tried to wear and add but none of them seem to change the appearance of it.

And to add with that the tone of my head isn't the same of my body, yet i bought the head and body mesh in one package deal.( i'm color blind to an
extend and not good in matching colors, i can distinct them from eachother but cant call them by name or copy the color)

And my body doesn't realy sync up with emotes I.e. cuddling > hand is hovering over body or inside the body.

Best Regards Dennis.
(ps english is not my native language)

Edited by TheMasterD

This thread will probably be censored by the moderators rather quickly because of that picture (warning or not, full-frontal nudity is not allowed here), but hopefully not before you read my reply. That's an Aeros d*ck, I can tell. What you need to do is edit it into place. Right-click it and from the menu select 'Edit'. You'll see some coloured arrows coming out from it in different directions. Move your mouse in the direction you want to move the d*ick (in this case, towards your avatar's crotch). You may need to fine-tune it by using the up and down arrows, too. It will take a little bit of time and patience, but in the end it's worth it. Aeros make fantastic genitalia ;) 

• Like 1

Glad to see you've removed the image, because that means people can continue to help you in this thread :) 

Moving on to your other questions now (because I wanted to reply to the initial one before the thread possibly got removed!) -

Regarding the difference in colour of your head and body, since both of them are mesh you might not be wearing the same appliers. Mesh bodies and heads require skin appliers, and you need to have those from the same creator. The makers of mesh bodies and heads don't usually sell skin appliers too, but they do tend to include some basic skins (sometimes by well-known designers) in their HUDs. When you say you bought them together in a package deal, do you mean that you bought them from the same creator? Can you tell us who the creator is, or the name of the body and head? That would help us to give you more specific replies.

For example: if you have the Signature 'Gianni' body and the Catwa 'Daniel' head you need to wear appliers from the same skin designer that are compatible with those items. You can either wear appliers that state they are for that specific body part (eg: you see the Signature and/or Catwa logo on the skin advert) or you can wear Omega appliers that will work with almost every body part (however, you need to also wear the correct Omega relay HUD, which you can pick up cheaply at the Omega Solutions store or on Marketplace).

So, if you were in a specific skin store you would (for the above body part examples) be looking for:

• A head applier that states it's either Catwa or Omega
  • A body applier that states it's either Signature or Omega

Both of these need to be in the same skin tone. Skin designers will either name the tones (eg: pale, peach, tan, etc) or number them (eg: tone 01, tone 02) etc. Most skin designers these days tend to have one set of body appliers and then they create different head appliers. The head appliers are what count as their 'new releases' but the same set of body appliers will always work with those new heads... until the designer decides to update them. (A good tip is to always join the designer's group or subscribe-o-matic, so you receive notification when skins are updated and can go to the store to get a redelivery of the updated skins.)

Regarding things like emotes and animations, it's rare for animations to line up perfectly in Second Life. When they are created, the people making them fit them to their own avatars. Your avatar (and that of your partner or other person in the animation) are probably not the same size and shape as the creator's avatars, so there will occasionally be things like hands sticking into bodies, etc. It's just something we get used to and we end up ignoring that and focusing on the fact that we're just cuddling etc instead.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Move your mouse in the direction you want to move the d*ick (in this case, towards your avatar's crotch).

I have now decided I have a dirty mind because this is one of those moments I can't stop giggling like at 14 year old 

• Like 2

If i'm allowed to post links i will do that so when you replied

But for now i will tell you this i bought one package one order one deal. that contained a head and body
the name of the thing i bought is : BASIS MESH AVATAR BY TELLAQ

This is the Marketplace link for that avatar, and it's a fantastic looking one, I agree.

But here we run into a problem, because Tellaq is not compatible with Omega and nobody (that I'm aware of) makes third-party skins for that head and body. You're pretty much limited to whatever Tellaq sells in their own store. Yes, the Marketplace listing states "Compatible with Omega Apply system" but a quick search of the Omega Solutions store for 'Tellaq' shows there's no Omega relay for it. (I also just sent an alt to the Omega Solutions store and checked the entire male section, and Tellaq is not there.)

Likewise mesh clothing: from what I've seen it can be difficult to find mesh clothing that is created specifically for the Tellaq avatar, since nobody really makes it, so - again - the only clothing that is guaranteed to be fitted especially to that body is what you'll find in the Tellaq store, and whatever is included with the avatar itself. A quick marketplace search for the name shows only items created by Tellaq themselves; there doesn't appear to be any third-party clothing or skin content created for that avatar.

I know that people have managed to make the X and XL sizes of standard mesh clothing fit the Tellaq avatar by reducing the muscle mass of the body using the shape sliders (right-click yourself and Edit Appearance) but that rather defeats the object of having a muscular body in the first place! You may have luck getting mesh clothing that's designed for the Niramyth Aesthetic body (the most popular muscular body mesh at the moment) to work on your Tellaq body, assuming the alpha cuts on the body's HUD (does it now have an alpha HUD?) work with the clothing, so make sure you look for (and demo; always demo!) mesh clothing that's labelled either 'Aesthetic' or 'AES' for that.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

To add a bit onto what Skell said about animations not being suited to every avatar:

Although he's quite correct there - animations will almost NEVER line up 100% - you may be able to make it better. Often, if you click a piece of furniture while sitting on it, you will get a blue menu. Along with allowing you to change the pose entirely, there's frequently an ADJUST option. Click that, and you can shift your avatar, typically in three directions - backwards/forwards, side to side, and up/down. If it's a two-person animation, it may allow you to adjust each avatar separately. Be aware that if you don't own the furniture, the adjust menu MAY be locked by the owner, although I've found that it usually isn't. 

Just now, Ariel Vuissent said:

Click that, and you can shift your avatar, typically in three directions - backwards/forwards, side to side, and up/down.

In addition to being able to move your avatar along these three axis, you often can rotate as well, often very useful for tricks such as getting your heels up out of the floor without making your behind lift off the chair.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.