Audio

SamCarter Clip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

Voice is a special service.  It's outside of SL and piped through the viewer, so it plays by its own rules (sometimes not very well). If yours is working, you're already doing better than the average SL resident.  If absolutely none of your other sounds are working, suspect your own audio control system first.  Open your Windows sound panel and be sure that you have a control assigned to SL and that you are passing the sound signal to the proper speakers on your computer.  Then check also the Sound & Media page in Preferences in your viewer to be sure that you have enabled streaming media and that you haven't accidentally shoved all of the sliders all the way to the left.

• Like 1

There should also be a copy (probably two or three copies) of SLPlugin.exe running too. 

Go to your computer processes and look for “slplugin.exe”

• For Windows users, go to Task Manager → Processes Tab
  • For Mac users, go to Activity Monitor → My Processes (usually by default, but you can check top right drop down)
  • For Linux users, go to Command Terminal, and type “ps aux”

You may see four instances of the slplugin running (that is normal behavior)

If you do not see any instances of slplugin running, that is the cause of media failing

If slplugin is not running, disable all firewall and virus protection (including anti-virus software and windows or other operating system firewalls). Do this check also for llceflib_host.

Relog and attempt video playback again

If it works, you will need to stop your firewall/virus protection from blocking the slplugin and/or llceflib_host files by granting appropriate permissions in your firewall/virus protection software

NOTE: If you have several viewers installed, you will have to allow to each one access through your firewall, as well as to SLPlugin and llceflib_host for each one.

• Like 1

Does this help?

1. Right click the Speakers icon on your system tray and select Playback Devices.
  2. Right click the Speakers (or your chosen audio output) and select Properties.
  3. Switch to the Advanced tab.
  4. Under Default Format drop down menu, select: 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality).
  5. Click Apply and OK.
  6. Relog if needed.
  • Like 1

Info:

Firestorm 5.0.1 (52150) Dec 10 2016 14:44:37 (Firestorm-Releasex64) with OpenSimulator support
Release Notes

You are at 80.3, 231.3, 89.5 in Te Wharau located at sim10293.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.50.15:13007)
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Te Wharau/80/231/89
(global coordinates 259,152.0, 231,143.0, 89.5)
Second Life Server 17.05.05.326149
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (2592.01 MHz)
Memory: 16256 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 14393)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 20.19.0015.4549
OpenGL Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 376.89

RestrainedLove API: RLV v3.1.4 / RLVa v2.1.0.52150
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1i zlib/1.2.8
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.8
Audio Driver Version:  (none)
LLCEFLib/CEF Version: 1.5.3-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1347-32)
LibVLC Version: 2.2.4
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.6.0017.22050

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 80 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium-Low (2/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 2048 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2017-5-28T22:40:56
Built with MSVC version 1800
Packets Lost: 7/6,643 (0.1%)
May 29 2017 09:50:52 SLT

Thank you sooo much for all this Help yall. Something Has to work LOL.

Sam

3 hours ago, SamCarter Clip said:

Audio Driver Version:  (none)

Ok, that's the problem.

Go into Windows device manager (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/005a1acb-776e-4320-b9f2-3a2302a320da/open-device-manager) & see if there is a yellow triangle warning symbol against your Sound devices (or your display adapters).
Also make sure your sound card driver is up to date.

Reinstall the Nvidia graphics driver - the Nvidia drivers also include audio components
You can update your Nvidia driver through the GeForce Experience or directly from Nvidia at https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

If that doesn't help, can you check if you also have missing sound (apart from Voice) on the LL viewer from Downloads | Second Life

• Like 2

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT WOOOOOO. Apparently windows 10 (piece of S**T)  has the ability to put everything in quiet mode. So even if your sound is turned all the way up you wont hear a dam thing. SO for anyone with windows 10 here is how to check that.

On the start bar to the very right is a notification Icon. Click that and check your Quiet hours GRRRRRRR. Also it could have been the clean install I did removing all the SL viewer stuff either way I got it fixed LOL.

AGAIN I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO POSTED IDEAS TO HELP ME!!

SAM

Edited by SamCarter Clip
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 1:32 PM, SamCarter Clip said:

No yellow triangle checked that first thing LOL. Updated everything still nada LOL. I dont use the regular SL Viewer. I reinstalled Fiersrorm next going to do a hard removal and reinstall unless there is more I can do LOL.

Sam

You can use CPU-Z (free) to find your motherboard brand and model. Then look for its driver updates. There will probably be a driver for audio. If there is no Win 10 driver, you may get by with Win 7 or 8. Pay attention to whether you need 32 or 64-bit versions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.