First dress

Aislin Ceawlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I figured that since my 10th rez day is approaching, I should probably do a little thinning of the inventory. I came across the very first dress I ever bought! I had to go back to my old system avie to wear it, but what a hoot! 

bloodlust_001.png

• Like 9

I started in mid July 2007, but I wasn't really a camera person back then.  The first pictures that I have of myself are in Dec 2007 - one just hanging out at the Forum Cartel Hangout and one at their Christmas party that year.  It was the 2007-2008 New Year's Eve party when I started documenting my SL on a regular basis.

Littleme-1_004.thumb.jpg.b8b97a257806dbf4bdc206bc76d0d335.jpg         LittleMe-XmasParty.thumb.jpg.a94873eff1c2ee175d0785364362530b.jpg

• Like 5

I did this back in 2011, when that 'avatar evolution' thing was doing the rounds on Flickr. Back then, I couldn't find my original 2007 avatar (the male Goth one) so the only thing I had was a 'male goth' outfit from Torley's free box of old avatar content at Stillman Bazaar. It was completely wrong, but eh; it was what I could find.

4508511923_5bdf120c17_b.jpg

I should really redo that now and update it, since it's six years out-of-date. But I did eventually find the screenshot that I took the day after I first rezzed, back in June 2007. I actually shrieked in horror when I finally figured out the camera controls and saw Skell's face. I went shopping the very same day.

2007 was a cruel year to be a noob... :/

theuglyduckling.jpg

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 6

My third day in SL, April 2008. Before I'd learned to dress myself...

592b5ccb62f57_MaddyApril08.jpg.05b362bbaa2871117eb4ff202d032cf4.jpg

I was trying on flexy hair, purchased with money given to me by an "old timer". I didn't really need money, I could have waited to learn how to purchase L$, but her gesture was very kind. It's been my turn to pay it forward ever since.

There is, I think, only one other picture of Madelaine Marbach, and that's in Maureen B's Flickr library.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 6

I don't have any pics of my very first avie, the one I originally rezzed with, but it was the femal goth avie (facepalm). This is the first modified version of Ais, though! (Bringing sexy back, lmaoo)

Newbie days!.png

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 3

ok oops well here it is haha. i looked and i have a pic of me in my VERY first shirt and pants that i got ,a and in the other the first skin i had from Logan Bauer who amazingly did muscles back then , he was so awesome haha

HahafirstAVlook_Boyz_Cellar.png

HahafirstAVlook_Muscles.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hunter Stern said:

ok oops well here it is haha. i looked and i have a pic of me in my VERY first shirt and pants that i got ,a and in the other the first skin i had from Logan Bauer who amazingly did muscles back then , he was so awesome haha

HahafirstAVlook_Boyz_Cellar.png

HahafirstAVlook_Muscles.png

OH BABY!! lol (weren't we just a mess back then?? LMAO)

• Like 1

God, I love this thread. What a bunch of hot messes we were, but we looked fabulous for the time :D

@Madelaine McMasters Nice bra. Even back then you were taking brilliantly humorous screenshots!

@Aislin Ceawlin That skin (and one other which I think was called something like Shy Caramelle?) was about as de rigeur for the ladies as the Photorealistic Steve skin was for the guys when it hit the resell stores and freebie warehouses. Oh, the days when YadNi's was the height of fashion...

@Hunter Stern I think I had that thong, too.

It still amuses me that H2L's "Shun" hair (in the second-from-left pic in my montage) which I recall cost me about L$250 back in the day and was absolutely fantastic for what was available then... is now a freebie that you find everywhere. I remember hitting up Naughty Designs for my first proper skin (L$1000-ish, which was a real ouch! moment) and hair, and I used to shop at all the Gorean places, because - although I wasn't a fan of the whole Gor thing - I was into that kind of look at the time. When I moved into more everyday clothing, I shopped at Truth a lot, back when he first made hair and clothing (and he's recently started doing clothing again, I believe).

Bloody hell, I sound like my old Grandad now. *leans over his Zimmer frame and shakes his fist at them youngins* 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Bloody hell, I sound like my old Grandad now. *leans over his Zimmer frame and shakes his fist at them youngins* 

A decade, give or take a bit, in SL feels like the equivalent of a few decades in RL.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

That skin (and one other which I think was called something like Shy Caramelle?) was about as de rigeur for the ladies as the Photorealistic Steve skin was for the guys when it hit the resell stores and freebie warehouses. Oh, the days when YadNi's was the height of fashion...

Actually, I believe that skin WAS Shy Caramelle, I probably (read definitely since I never clean my inventory) still have it! lol! We should have an old avie party at the hangout!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A decade, give or take a bit, in SL feels like the equivalent of a few decades in RL.

If SL years are like dog years (7 dog years to every real year) then I'll be 70 next month, which figures in nicely with the Zimmer frame thing :D

6 hours ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

Class of 2006 - ok don't laugh,..ok go ahead I still do when I look at it. OMG! LOL! xD

Those wings are actually pretty impressive for 2006. The texturing is quite effective. Put it this way: I've seen much worse!

2 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Actually, I believe that skin WAS Shy Caramelle, I probably (read definitely since I never clean my inventory) still have it! lol! We should have an old avie party at the hangout!!!

You and me both, re: the inventory thing. If that party is held maybe it should be called The SL Hop of Horrors.

• Like 2

This wasn't at the very beginning of my SL. But It was one of the first dresses I ever had, and I hadn't changed much by this point. This was however my very first real project in SL, and one I never really completed to my satisfaction.

Mishaps.jpg

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
because I lost track of the topic looking at all the photos.
  • Like 4

On 5/29/2017 at 7:24 PM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

This wasn't at the very beginning of my SL. But It was one of the first dresses I ever had, and I hadn't changed much by this point. This was however my very first real project in SL, and one I never really completed to my satisfaction.

Mishaps.jpg

I bet that gown has a nice train. =p

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

And of course with the acquisition of my first dress(es), was my short lived question "What the heck are glitch pants?"

Omgosh! Glitch pants were a must!!! Actually, with the advent of mesh, I see so many avies rezzing in to areas looking "nekkid as a jay bird" I think glitch pants (and bras) might be a good thing to go back to!! lol! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.