Gooood morning!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/27/2017 at 5:21 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

It's almost 4:10am here..

I'm about to head to the barn and feed the horses there,then get on the tractor and head up the mountain with some bails and feed the cows and horses up there..

My husband is working out of state for the weekend and rest of the week..So I'll probably see what's going on in town this weekend..

I'd probably go into Nashville tonight but we've still got a mare in the barn that hasn't had her colt yet..So I have to stick close to home..

I sooo envy your life (Okay, the part you posted, anyway, lol)

• Like 1

On 5/27/2017 at 11:37 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Currently it is 52F - 11C - and our high today will get to about 57F - 14C - with rain and thunderstorms.  However, our normal high for this time of year is 78F - 25C.

We had a snowstorm just last week - Thu into Fri - that gave us 3-5" (7.5-12.5 cm)of snow at the house, but dumped anywhere from 2 to 4 feet (0.5-1.25 meters) in the foothills and mountains.  I live about 15-20 minutes from the true foothills and about 45 min from the mountains.

ETA:  I realized I had provide the Celsius equiv of Fahrenheit, but forgot to convert the inches/feet to metric also (for the rest of the world outside of the US)

We've had strange weather here, in Michigan, as well (But climate change is a hoax (facepalm)). The days have either been around 80F or 60F not much in between! We generally count on the last big snowstorm in April, (being in the southern part of Mich) but that's not even something to count on anymore. 

• Like 2

I spent the entire day snoozing today, so now I'm wide awake at 12:30 am. This is what happens when you work midnights. I've always been a night owl anyway, so no biggie, really. I just lost one of my beloved pet rats a few days ago (His name was Touille), so I'm spending extra time snuggling TidBit because he has to be lonely. (TidBit is the FATTEST rat in the world!! lol). Watching Bell, Book, and Candle (one of my absolute FAVORITE movies!) and snuggling a rat is my evening, lol! Here's a pic of my boys, Touille is on the left, TidBit on the right. TidBit is sooo much fatter now, lol! This really doesn't do them justice, Touille was a beautiful gray, double rex coat (semi bald) and TidBit (who is his son) is a gorgeous champagne colored single rex coat (very thick and curly/wavy). I "accidentally" had a litter of 13 babies, after a biologist mistakenly sexed the buddy I got for Touille as male. 12 babies plus the mother went to a rescue, TidBit was the only one I kept, he was such a tiny little pinkie, (hence TidBit, lol) Sorry for rambling about them, but I'm really missing Touille.

The boys cropped.jpg

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

I spent the entire day snoozing today, so now I'm wide awake at 12:30 am. This is what happens when you work midnights. I've always been a night owl anyway, so no biggie, really. I just lost one of my beloved pet rats a few days ago (His name was Touille), so I'm spending extra time snuggling TidBit because he has to be lonely. (TidBit is the FATTEST rat in the world!! lol). Watching Bell, Book, and Candle (one of my absolute FAVORITE movies!) and snuggling a rat is my evening, lol! Here's a pic of my boys, Touille is on the left, TidBit on the right. TidBit is sooo much fatter now, lol! This really doesn't do them justice, Touille was a beautiful gray, double rex coat (semi bald) and TidBit (who is his son) is a gorgeous champagne colored single rex coat (very thick and curly/wavy). I "accidentally" had a litter of 13 babies, after a biologist mistakenly sexed the buddy I got for Touille as male. 12 babies plus the mother went to a rescue, TidBit was the only one I kept, he was such a tiny little pinkie, (hence TidBit, lol) Sorry for rambling about them, but I'm really missing Touille.

The boys cropped.jpg

Rats get such bad press, but they're lovely - and I love this photograph of your lovely boys.  

I used to have a doctor who kept rats, and whenever I needed to see him about anything, he'd ask me about my best c o c k in the world and then would show me a couple of recent pictures of his pet rat on his phone.  He had several over a period of years, and each one had their very own unique personality - a lot of people don't realise this. 

P.S. You didn't ramble at all - and I am sorry and sad for your loss of Touille (short for ratatouille?) . 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I used to have a doctor who kept rats, and whenever I needed to see him about anything, he'd ask me about my best c o c k in the world and then would show me a couple of recent pictures of his

I was bored so I didn't read past the bit that I quoted.

Besides, we've already settled once and for all, that you don't have the best c0ck in the word. I do. Have you forgotten so soon? ;)

• Like 2

On 2017-5-28 at 2:11 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I had Amazon Prime for the whole past year..I never used it that whole time..

What was nice of them was,The day before my next year was due,I canceled.

They ended up giving my whole years subscription fee back..It was like $108.00 USD,if I remember right..

I never expected them to do that..I was very shocked actually and impressed,because I just never really had a company do anything like that before..

Amazon are absolutely amazing at customer service, I received a package from them all damaged and they gave me 3 months of prime for free. :)

• Like 2

You have to watch Amazon. They have a customer-unfriendly policy concerning faulty goods. They'll replace it once but if the replacement is faulty, they'll still replace it but ban you from buying there any more.

I bought a table tennis robot from them. After a short time it went faulty. Their replacement system is excellent - they sent another one and collected the faulty one. But I got an email, saying that if I need to send the replacement back, or any other item, I won't be allowed to shop there any more. I've bought from Amazon a fair number of times, and that was the only item I've had to return, but I was still threatened with being banished. So it's not a case of a customer often returning stuff. To be honest, I was a bit taken aback. Soon after that, I saw an article on TV about the same thing. I think maybe it was Watchdog.

I understand the need for a mail order company to weed out people who buy, use, and return for a refund, but if a thing is faulty, it's faulty, regardless of how many replacements have been sent and of how many times faulty items have been returned for replacement. I still buy from Amazon sometimes, because it suits me, but I'm not a fan of the company after that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

You have to watch Amazon. They have a customer-unfriendly policy concerning faulty goods. They'll replace it once but if the replacement is faulty, they'll still replace it but ban you from buying there any more.

I bought a table tennis robot from them. After a short time it went faulty. Their replacement system is excellent - they sent another one and collected the faulty one. But I got an email, saying that if I need to send the replacement back, or any other item, I won't be allowed to shop there any more. I've bought from Amazon a fair number of times, and that was the only item I've had to return, but I was still threatened with being banished. So it's not a case of a customer often returning stuff. To be honest, I was a bit taken aback. Soon after that, I saw an article on TV about the same thing. I think maybe it was Watchdog.

I understand the need for a mail order company to weed out people who buy, use, and return for a refund, but if a thing is faulty, it's faulty, regardless of how many replacements have been sent and of how many times faulty items have been returned for replacement. I still buy from Amazon sometimes, because it suits me, but I'm not a fan of the company after that.

I'm curious..

Was it with Amazon prime?

Also was that Amazon or the company that was selling the item that would stop you from shopping there?

• Like 1

It wasn't Prime, no. I never saw anything useful about Amazon Prime, so I didn't take it up.

I bought it from Amazon the company - in the UK - and it was Amazon that threatened to stop me from shopping with them again if I sent another faulty item back.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Wow.  I've done many, many returns with Amazon over the years - some for clothing that didn't fit, some for items that didn't actually match their description, a couple because they messed up the delivery and it arrived too late, and a few others because items arrived damaged.  I've never had any issues or any negative replies from them regarding the returns.  

I wonder if it was more related to the fact that it was used for a while before being returned for going bad -- I've not had to return something that went bad weeks/months down the road. 

• Like 1

The email didn't suggest that it was because I'd used the thing before it went wrong, but that could be the reason. The TV item that I saw soon afterwards didn't suggest it either. If that was the reason behind it, it was still a bit much, and most unimpressive, because it's the only thing that I've ever had to return to them. The robot was an electro-mechanical device, so some of them are bound to go wrong.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

It wasn't Prime, no. I never saw anything useful about Amazon Prime, so I didn't take it up.

I bought it from Amazon the company - in the UK - and it was Amazon that threatened to stop me from shopping with them again if I sent another faulty item back.

Oh ok,I was just curious..I don't think I have actually bought something from the company Amazon..Just stuff that gets sold through them from other companies..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.